St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. Jenna

Saint Rose! Thats my middle name woo hoo!

2. Tiana

i am writing about u

3. Emma;p

Rose is a good name my birthday is this Saturday. My American Girl Doll name is Rose. Happy Birthday to me!

4. ysabela (year6)

i love this saint because she is a patron saint of my country Philipinesand i have chosen her name as my comfirmation name

5. Isabella

I love this saint!! Her story is beautiful! I'm using her for my saint report! (Where we have to dress up as the saint and go down the aisle in front of the entire school!! :l )

6. Emma

I think that saint Roae is amazing in my class we have to write about a Saint I chose Saint Rose because my middle name is Rose.

7. Katherine

I think this article was helpful but i find that no articles about St.Rose of Lima mention the miracles that she performed and i need to find miracles that were performed by her for my saint study. Maybe adding that could help me a bit.

8. Alison

I AM NAMED AFTER HER .SO SHES MY PATRON SAINT

9. Rosemary

I am new Catholic, even though I am in my late 60's, and had a hard time finding a Patron Saint. I chose St. Rose because of my name, which also includes the name of our Blessed Mother. I am quite impressed with her life and humility and looking forward to getting to know her better.

10. Wesly Pierre

I my name his wesly pierre ,i'm a little confuse regarding those 2 date .Feastday August 30 ,the other one says August 23, if its the day she died count for her feast day wy some other sites focusing on the 23 of August.

11. Innocent ogbonna

Please my friends i need the books about Angel kumiyanky my post is p.o.box22 amawbia Anambra state nigeria.

12. MARY

I love St. Rose of Lima. Right now i am writing a ballod on her! She is my Confirmation saint!

13. Melina Rose

i am chosing st. rose for my confermation saint because she is the saint of athletics and beauty. and rose is my middlename. thanks.(:

14. Clare

I am doing a report about St. Rose of Lima, so I found this information very helpful. I took some notes from it, and then wrote a small summary on the notes I took for extra credit. I ended up getting a A on the report. so THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :)

15. Franz Austria

Saint Rose of Lima's feast day was celebrated every 30th of August before the Vatican Council II but when Pope John XXIII called for the Vatican Council II, the calendar of saints was changed and the feast of Saint Rose of Lima was changed to 23rd of August. Yes, Isabel de Flores y del Oliva (her true name) died on August 24, 1617 at the house of Don Gonzalo de Masa. Unlike most of the saints, St. Rose of Lima has a feast day not on her death anniversary that is because every August 24, the Catholic Church has a very important feast, the Feast of St. Bartholomew, the Apostle and the Pope then doesn't want to have St. Rose of Lima's and St. Bartholomew's feast be on the same day because they are two of the most important saints of the Catholic Church and want separate feasts for them.

16. chelsea

rose is my confirmation name

17. KAITLIN

hahah rose is also my confirmation name

18. Jerrard

The information about St.Rose of Lima is very nice. But the fun facts about her is not good.As we all know that the life of a saint is very difficult and every individual can never become a saint.But making fun of them is really bad (that too with a cartoon picture). Rubbing pepper on her face and decreasing her beauty is something great and no women can do that and thats shows her true love,affection & dedication towards Lord JESUS christ and her greatness to stay away from this greedy and fake attractive world.So kindly remove that funny facts picture and message. Thanks.

19. Joseph Mathew

A beautiful saint, in body, mind and spirit; fully dedicated to God in whatever she did! Dear Rose, please pray for us, our four daughters and dear son!

20. Vikki

St. Rose of Lima please pray for us all who are in need of help spiritually, mentally, physically, financially...
    Amen.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you all.
    "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You but only say the word and I shall be healed."

"Jesus, Mary, I love you! Save souls!"

"Eternal Father, I offer You
    the Most Precious Blood
    of Thy Divine Son Jesus
    in union with the Masses said throughout the world today,
    for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory
    for sinners everywhere
    for sinners in the Universal Church
    Those in my own home and within my family."
    Amen.