St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. Mary

I thought this information about st.Rose of Lima was very useful. I'm think I might pick this saint for my confirmation name! I think she's such an amazing saint!!!!!

2. iamsocoolike

hey i gotta do a saint report and this reeeeely helped me a lot thnx!!!!! :)

3. emma

PICKING HER AS MY CONFO SAINT.. SHES A BEASST

4. Rosann.M

I like St.Rose of Lima because she is my patroness saint. My friend and mine have the same patroness saint. i know that St.Rose of LIma was very prayful and beautiful girl.

5. Thanks!

jacob- the prayer for St. Rose of Lima is: "Increase my suffering and increase my praise for you, O Lord." ... or something like that! I have to research several saints for Conformation, but Rose is already my Baptismal name. This really helped!

6. Elly belly full o jelly

SAint rose of lima is sooooo amazing! I have to do twelve saint repors over the next three years. So far ive done two and this is the best site for info ! thank u sooo very much! IM PROBABLY PICKING HER FOR MY CONFO SAINT!!

7. Rosalee

My name is a combination of St. Rose and the first part of my mother's name, Lee

8. Aperson!!!!!

this was great!!! and great for writing about cant wait to get started!!!! ;)

9. Cristalove

she is a very helpful person. anyone who needs a project ,you just got it wright her.

10. Kayla

I really appreciate alll the hard work u all put into my research!!I really luv finding the answers i need right in front of me!Thnx sooo much and continue the hard work!!

11. olivia anne

I think this is very helpful because I am making my confirmation this year and I have to do a report and writs a letter to the bishop and all this stuff

12. jessica

i am going to do st. Rose of lima for my confirmation because she was patrint saint of paru.

13. jacob

what is the prayer for st. rose of lima

14. frank

santa rosa de lima es realmente la primera santa nacida en el continente americano, hoy dia de tu natalicio te rindo homenaje espero me brindes proteccioon para mi y para mi familia y nos cuides a todos realmente bendiciones para todos amen from lima c.c PERU

15. leo v.c

My maternal great-grandmother, Rosa Sanchez Saucedo, was born on August 30th. My maternal grandmother, Rosa Cervantes, was also born on August 30. My sister, Rosa was born on August 30th. Amazing.

16. James

She is the namesake of my beautiful community.......Santa Rosa, CA! Stay Blessed.

17. Joshi Sebastian

Santa Rosa is very dear to me. She is a very powerful instrument of God. I am expecting her powerful intercession in my pastoral works in Ecuador.

18. christie

St. Rose of Lima I choose to speak today on your feastday, and more so because our parish in Gaithersburg is dedicated to you. In so doing we honour you as the first American saint, and saint of all peoples and races. I admire your total commitment and love of Jesus and hope that with your intercession I can be like you. It is truly noteworthy that in your trials, temptations, illness you continued to praise God and receive all these afflictions with grace and charm. Pray for peoples of the world who are from Asia, Africa and Latin America where there is much poverty and illness. May Christ bring consolation, relief and upliftment to them. Pray for all children who are born with afflictions. Free them from the torment of fragile X, epliptic fits and all developmental delays. Give them the gift of speech, learning and living skills. This I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

19. Sharon

I went to a presentation of over 150 relics of saints, and prayed for miraculous healing of my back (just had spinal surgery). In a dream, the name of St. Rose of Lima (one of relics which I touched and prayed) was spoken to me. I am praying for her intercession, and will keep you posted.

20. ddiana

I am diana. I am studying in Paco Catholic School, Manila . I am 13 yrs old & I am a 2nd year student this year 2011-12 . Im in section 11 (St.Rose of Lima)
    She inspires me aLot, this website was very useful . Im searching for St.Rose's story earlier. her story inspired me alot. :)) Godbless us all.