St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. christopher antony

this is amazing st rose a true saint for sure god bless you
    and for any body reed this comment belive in god but your faith in him and in st rose
    Amen .

2. christopher

st rose i belive in you god bless you .
    i ask you 2 pray for me and my family

3. chet bas

happy feast day St. Rose of Lima. please help me to find the right woman to marry. thank you and please help all filipinos around the world

4. Lynn Ho

She's amazing

5. Rich Green

A very informative article, but what was Rose's connection to the Philippines? She is patroness of the P. I. Why?

6. jess

confirmation name!!! she is amazingly amazing!!! this site rox!

7. Rose

My parents named me Rose over sixty years ago. I never thought to do any research until this evening when I was looking up St.Rita. What I find interesting is that St.Rose's feast day changed from August 30th to the 23rd in 1969. My birthday is August 23rd.

8. Mackenzie Rose

her story is amazing!! im doing this saint for a project in class!! my teacher said this saint was an amazing choice..!!!

9. Erica

She will be perfect for my confirmation name. I love rose so badly that i decided to use her name and at the same time my mum suggested me Isabel. So relevant.

10. Eve

Im using st rose for my saints name Her storys just amazing

11. bob

Picking her for my confirmation name go class of 2013

12. Isabelle

wow so helpful don't no author though so excited that her name was Isabel
    awesome (wish i new author though)

13. veronica

ohmigosh im picking St. Rose of Lima for my confrimation name too!! :)

14. Emily

Im picking her for my confirmation! ;]

15. Claire

I'm glad I picked her for my Confirmation saint, she is AMAZING

16. Julia

Im picking her as my Confirmation saint!

17. Maya

Thanks! This article was really great help, I'm picking Rose for my confirmation name! :)

18. shannah

hi just hear to say thx but was she famous in her time ???

19. Isabel

Wow, this woman is truly an inspiration. My name is Isabel and that is one of the reasons i am picking her for my conformation saint!!!

20. shannah

very helpful for my project