St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. Rachel

I love this saint she is very interesting!!! I love her.

2. Rachel

I liked this article about saint rose. she is a very interesting person. I liked that she worked hard for her poor parents. when i was younger my parents were poor and i couldn't bare to see them that way so i knew that i had to make a choose. i knew from that moment that i needed to do. i knew that i had to work hard and make things much better.

3. Gabrielle

i had a really hard time chooseing my saint. it was between her and about seven others. after i read this i imediatly knew i was going to do her. i just finished my saint report =D

4. Orbsolote

Thanks alot this really helped

5. John Savelli

What school did she attend, did she have any family or friends , Thanks again,

6. terri

she's unbelievable. Im doing my saint's report on her and her name is my confirmation name :)

7. Alena

Same thing saint report I have to dress up like her.

8. Shauna Remillard

St Rose de Lima I thank you for guidance given. Your words are precious and valued. Please bring me answers to my questions. Gracias

9. Emily

omgosh im doing a report on st. rose too clarissa and i also have to dress up as her!

10. Sydney

I would love it if you said the miracles she performed.

11. gabby

ahhh im doing this saint. eh my gosh she so pretty

12. clarissa

i,m doing a saint report on st rose and dressing up as her for my all saints day, day

13. Madi

Im picking her to be my report.

14. Amanda

I'm picking her for my confirmation!!!! :)

15. Gia

I chose Rose to be my patron saint for conformation. YAY!!!!!!! : )

16. alena

doing st rose for my st report love her :)

17. Claire

six months ago I had Confirmation and picked St. Rose for my saint she is a great role model for girls I will pray for your Confirmation candiates this year

18. Taylor

Picking her for my Confirmation(:

19. marie

Definately my Confirmation name :) xoxo

20. Doreen Job

You might want to check the accuracy of the "first governor of California". You might want to say the first "Anglo" governor of California. There were many Latin/Hispanic/Mestizo governors before Mr. Burnett.