St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. Judith

St.Rose pray for us and help us to learn obedience

2. Breanna taphouse

hey
    i am in 6th grade and i am doing saint rose of Lima as a report and i think she is awesome 11/11/08

3. Erin

This saint hase inspired me and I love this story.

4. Isabelle

nice story
    i loved it
    i wish i could be like saint rose or should i say Isabelle

5. crissy black

st. rose of lima has the same name as me and i'm doing her for a report.

6. Isabelle

I love St Rose. She is my Confirmation St. i have to make a correction. St Rose's real name was spelled Isabelle not Isabel. Let her protect us all

7. Caroline

i love saint rose of lima
    im doing her for a report.

8. Chelsea Fortuin

this is a very beautifully story. i love it.

9. thalia

I love st.rose she is my confirmation saint and she is just wonderful.

10. Garhett

I like you site and I think she is a very kool person

11. Arecel

St. Rose please pray that I will be inspired again to pray and attend mass. Help me to be positive in everything, slow to anger and gentle in all my ways. Please help me achieve my goals in life and help my family. Help us financially so that we may be able to pay our debts. Help us to pray for world peace. Help us to pray for the corrupt leaders of the Philippines. In Jesus name through Mother Mary and St. Joseph's intercession. Amen.

12. Mary H

St Rose pray to Jesus for us all who are in need of monetary value to pay our rent, bills and food.

13. J Christian

Saint Rose of Lima, pray for us all; pray for Shirley MacLaine and her quests some times even into high Peru; pray for Joan, Ann's daughter, with Saint Martin de Porres dear; pray that we all gentle landings make in all our travels and travails; pray with Our Lady Mary for Holiness on each and every day, regardless of Feast or famine; pray for all parishes that bear your name; pray for every latina seeking wisdom, prosperity or fame; pray roses bloom plenty this year and storms give us nothing to fear; pray with Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the Angels near; pray that stream to Yahweh's Throne flow ever loving clear; pray as we wade it, Life Trees shall appear; pray when we rest the Lamb shall be so near; pray one light and truth and love be with us every year, Amen

14. Rosemary Ll.

St. Rose's feast day celebration had been Aug. 30 until Vatican II changed it to Aug. 23 (why they did this, I don't know except it may be because she died Aug. 24). I observe it on both days to be correct to today's church but to stay true to the Traditional Church.

15. Augustine

It used to be August 30th for many years. Somewhere in the 1970's it was switched to August 25rd.

16. ann

i have a 19 year old daughter who has totally gone stray with her Catholic faith. may i please ask here all readers to ask the intercession of st. rosa for her. her name is joan. thank you so very much.

17. John M

According to the Catholic Calendar of Saints, St. Rose of Lima died August 24, 1617, and the Catholic Church celebrates her feast day on August 23. You show her feast day to be August 30. That is not correct. Thank you for your interesting listing of saints.

John M. 8/16/2008

18. elma torres

I really like st rose of lima because she is also our patron saint. For me, she reveals the love and the goodness of Jesus. Contemplating Rose, is Contemplating JESUS.

19. keffier

i really like saints and angels hope i can have one some...heheheh but my one and only is the Lord Jesus Christ my Lord my God and my Friend...

20. Danielle Rebelo(yr5)

I really look up to Rose. She is a really really really really good saint. Thank you Rose,and thank you God for giving her to us.I love my cristan faith. Once agian you so much, Danielle.