St. Gertrude the Great Comments

St. Gertrude the Great is invoked for souls in purgatory and for living sinners. Our Lord told St. Gertrude that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well. "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for ... Continue Reading

1. eddy

dear friends

i pray this prayer over and over when i am in my car - at 1st i was aware that 5000 souls were being released every time it is said

now i am aware it is 50,000 souls - on occassion i have said it maybe 30 or 40 times over and over

i once heard God say to me - i will reward this faith

i also know how many souls are in Purgatory - it is over 1 billion - thus we must keep praying for them

i also saw the return of Jesus in a dream a few yrs ago - you can read about it on my site - truthofgod.myfreeforum.org

thanx

2. Len

I just discovered this prayer.Praise God! My late grandma"s name is Gertrude.She taught me about God and how to pray in my early years. She was full of love. I'm sure she is in Heaven now.

3. Leah

I have 6 roommates and everday we pray the St. Gertrude prayer but I didn't fully understand why until I read this article!

4. tom darrah

RE: Saint Gertrude prayer - a long time ago - I was given to believe that the Saint Gertrude prayer was to be said after receiving a holy communion at mass !
    and now, - i read that it could be said at any time. Any other Ole timers out there that have had the same experience?

5. cher

IT GIVES ME GREAT JOY TO HELP JESUS SAVE SOULS IN THIS WAY. I ACCIDENTLY FOUND THIS PRAYER OR IT WAS SENT TO ME. JUST THNK OF ALL THE SOULS YOU COULD HELP GET TO HEAVEN!!!

6. Suzzie

Not very helpfull because there aren't many facts. Yet, the one fact is good. I will deffanitlly pray this in the future :D

7. Jim

During the last several years, my wife and I have been trying to say the following during the month of November:

- 5 decades of 10 St. Gertrude prayers each day (50 x 1,000 = 50,000 each day released from Purgatory)

- Say the above for 20 days in November.

- 1,000,000 souls released from Purgatory during this month, I pray!

8. IREEN MANYATI-HLOPHE

I do this prayer everday and it makes me so happy that I am helping poor souls who do not have anyone to pray for them

9. SASSY101

This is a great prayer to say everyday and from now on I will say this prayer everday because saving people makes me feel really good everyday! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Robin

I lost my 17 year old on March 18, 2010, because of a drunk driver. I want to help her, but also it helps the driver for her sin, even though she has no remorse! Mothers never stop worry about their children. I need to know daily, I am helping her and keeping a connection as I do with my other 2. Please say this prayer and encourage others to do so....Robin

11. Gary

Imagine if we could get a group of 10 people, in each of 40 churches, who would commit to say a rosary-full of this prayer (50) each week for 50 weeks. One BILLION souls would be released from purgatory in a year! Anyone interested?

12. Elon M. Coleman

I just said this prayer 50 times, you dont know how great I feel. We need prayer everyday.

13. Grant

It provides good information but I need to know what her feast day is.

14. vince

Does anyone know from the text whether when Our Lord told St. Gertrude the prayer which would release 1000 souls from Purgatory He meant that when she,because of her saintliness and merits,said the prayer 1000 souls would be released or whether when ANYONE said the prayer, 1000 souls would be released. Thanks.

15. MARY KUJAWA

thank you for prayer.

16. joan

We lost our mother several monthes back. Her name was Gertrude. I pray for my parents to find eternal happiness daily. This is a fine tribute to Mom.

17. Shelly

I just discovered this story and I will pray it and pass this on to family and friends.

18. Mary KThompson

I say this prayers everyday & sometimes even more often.
    What a GREAT WORK OF CHARITY