St. Francis Xavier Comments

FRANCIS XAVIER, ST. (1506-1552). Born in the family castle of Xavier, near Pamplona in the Basque area of Spanish Navarre on Apr. 7, he was sent to the University of Paris 1525, secured his licentiate in 1528, met Ignatius Loyola and became one of the seven who in 1534, at Montmartre founded the Society of Jesus. In 1536 he left Paris to join Ignatius in Venice, from whence they all in tended to go as missionaries to Palestine (a trip which ... Continue Reading

1. christie

St. Francis Xavier, you have visited my homeland, lived there, worked miracles and converted my ancestors. St. Paul's hill in Malacca is dedicated to you, as on top of the hill you were laid to rest. The grave that was dug out still remains a place of pilgrimage for many. You revealed that you wished to be buried in Goa, whereupon you were taken there to have you final resting place. I hear that you lost a cross, dropped it into the sea. A crab marked with a cross on its shell brought it back to you. Seeing this many people were drawn to you and listened to your teachings. I'm proud to have taught at St. Francis' Institution, a famous school named after you, dear saint.Your desire to convert the Japanese sowed the first seeds of Christianity. You are indeed "Apostle of the east". St. Francis pray for us. Amen.

2. Chris

He is my Confirmation saint.

3. tony "f.x." hampton

have the same name nice!!!!!

4. Sebastian

This is incredible! in school i got asignned this saint so this is very useful thank you very much!

5. Margaret

Would like to know more about the relationship of Francis Xavier and Ignatius Loyola. Were they peers and equals, or mentor/mentee? Age difference? Did they see the world the same way, or very differently? Did any differences lead to conflict, or smoothly complement each other's strengths? For example, one person is the visionary, the other is great at details.

Would like to know more about the origins of the Society of Jesus. Why they started, what their goals/mission was, and if it has changed over time.
    For example: Did they start to convert new worlds, or to spread education and tolerance, and through that, slowly further the mission of the Church. I ask because it seems they used to be a missionary order, but my perception of them now is an order dedicated to higher education, to working in colleges and high schools to shape the morals and values of the next generation, and encourage others to lives of service in the fields of health, education, and social justice(e.g. alleviating poverty)
    Giving this information would provide relevance.

6. gemma

my favourite saint Francis Xavier. Have always ask help for my sporty son since when he was six years, now his is 22 years and excel in every sports. He is also a church goer and very strong. He even understands other churches and will join their church if invited. He is young, popular among his friends and the girls. I dont know what the future holds for my son. I feel proud and happy because he does know his prayers and catholic upringing and especially knows and understand the meaning of the mass. He is different from all the boys. because of this favourite St Francis Xavier. I love saint Francis but my son doesnt know about him. His favourite his Our Lady, our mother.

7. Freind of all

This website is very helpful. It is so great. Shout out to all my friends in computer class.

8. Denzil

Nearly 450 years later....his body still remains. Is there any other saint like this???

9. Sandy

Let me start by saying how uncommon this whole scenario is for me.I was awoken by the words "the devil has two languages" and i went in search of an answer on my computer, and after several sites I ended up on this one. I am a believer of miracles and not coincidences so what do you make of this?

10. Paula

Dear St. Francis Xavier, please help us, don't let them close your school. Pray hard.

11. Nelson Philipangel

Glory to God in the higher. Thanks to lord. Thanks to St. Xavier, for his help in getting the showers of the blessings of our lord, even i make many more sins. He is really a great co-ordinator between the children and the father. Thanks to lord for his mercy on us. Thanks to St. Xavier for his grace.

12. Haley

St. Francis Xavier is an amazing saint to follow. Thank you, www.catholic.org, for giving us this information!

13. Allinson

Dear St. Francis Xavier

Today on my birthday i would like to thank you for the Blessing showered on me my family and friends. Continue to Bless us forever and help to do always what is right. Keep us safe our patron saint.

love you always St. Francis Xavier

14. Allinson

Dear St. Francisco
    Pray for me and my family. I come from a place where you sacred body is preserved and my parents named me after you. Help me and my family and friends on a day to day basis and help us to always do what is right and ignore evil. Dear St. Francisco save our beautiful land of goa from all communial tensions we were born and grown together as one among Hindus and Muslims and never differianciated among us.
    Bless us always. Thank you St. Francisco .

15. jane-francis

It is the heart of St Francis Xavier which has lead me towards a faith in my own heart I had not previously dreamed possible...thank you for all inspiring love..

16. LOUIE MADRID

Your biography should include the fact that his body has been incorruptible for all these centuries and more details of facts thatt merit his sainthood designation.

17. richard lewis

thank you for this inspiring email message.

18. STEVEN HAMBLETON

SPREADING THE WORD OF GOD IS NOT AN EASY THING TO DO,IT IS JUST AS DIFFICULT NOW AS IT WAS IN FRANCIS XAVIER'S TIME.BUT PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THE WORD FOR THEMSELVES,BUT NEED PEOPLE TO BE EXAMPLES OF GODS WORD AND ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS SO SHOW PEOPLE THE LOVE OF GOD THAT LIES WITHIN THYSELF AND THEY WILL FOLLOW YOUR LEAD.

19. Grace B

St. Francis Xavier, pray for me and my family Protect the
    souls in Purgatory

20. reyhana osman

today dec 3rd at around 5am he showd himself to me on a silver disk carrying two weapons, like a hammer or some sort. as though he knows what im going through. he will protect me. i have never heard of him before. so i downloaded and was surprised at the truth of his exsistance. i am shaken . can you tell me what he means. and what he is a saint of?