St. Cornelius Comments

Cornelius whose feast day is September 16th. A Roman priest, Cornelius was elected Pope to succeed Fabian in an election delayed fourteen months by Decius' persecution of the Christians. The main issue of his pontificate was the treatment to be accorded Christians who had been apostasized during the persecution. He condemned those confessors who were lax in not demanding penance of these Christians and supported St. Cyprian, Bishop of ... Continue Reading

1. Joanna Daniele
    9 months ago

Please cure my daughter, Carina, from this continuous loud noise in her ear that is really upsetting her. Amen

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Cornelius, please remember us in your prayers.

3. Josefina in Florida

St. Cornelius, I have prayed to you but once & that was recently. I did not continue because I really did not know about you and felt embarrassed. However, my daughter's health & well-being is greater than my embarrassment or discomfort.
    I come to you, begging you to please heal Valeria of her chronic ear infections. She has been miserable for the last 7 months. She has seen more doctors in this short span of time than she has seen in her life. Valeria is only 22. I want her to be able to do what other young people do & enjoy her life.
    You are my saint of last resort. If Valeria's ear infections go away & her ears are healed, I will forever be grateful. I will be sure to spread the word of the miracle.

4. Jade

St Cornelius, I pray that you intercede with my son's ear problems. May everything be resolved quickly and easily, allowing him to hear clearly.

5. D McDonough

Is ther a Prayer to say for hearing loss or Deafness with hearing in the Prayer.

6. Jade

Thank you St Cornelius for interceeding in my son's ear problem. Today, after praying consistently for your help, I have found out that my son's ear problem has healed and he will not need surgery. Thank you.

7. Grace Facarile

Where can I find or buy prayer cards for Saint Cornelious?

8. Isabella

St. Cornelius,

Please pray for my Uncle Cornelius, a priest in Italy and also for my husband and father's hearing to improve. Thank you!

9. christopher

Saint Cornelius i belive in you
    I ask you till pray for me and my family
    god bless
    Amen

10. Cecil Kavanaugh

My wife, Doris, is suffering from tinnitus and would like to know if there is a particular prayer to St. Cornelius or any other saints for the healing of her ear problem.

Thank you and God bless you.

Cecil

11. Susan Towne

I think St. Cornelius was a great and wise pope and an excellent example of how the Catholic Church has fought so persistently and bravely against so many heresies through the centuries, so that the authentic truth of our Faith would never be lost.

12. Alison

Thank you for sharing of Saint Cornelius with your biography. It gives deep expression of Saint Cornelius as a model of charity and mercy. Pray, Saint Cornelius, for a special mercy to have my dog returned home to us. He was sheltered while we needed to find a home, and our new landlord is not allowing us to take him back. Saint Cornelius, I know how many animals pass through time in shelters waiting for active family lives. Your beautiful life in exile brought sadness to my heart, and I felt a special hope to pray to you for our dog, Onyx, and for all animals. God Bless all.

13. shelton

Although I am a catholic I was knowing almost nothing about many saints.Then now I am happy about ewtn program like this.Also need to tell there are few chances in asian new generation to learn about our saints.please arrainge something to make success.Because learning about saints to children is more important.

14. christie

Thanks to William Bailey for the prayer in his comment box. Grateful to know more about the saints about whom not much is known or written. I thank you St. Cornelius, for you kind and merciful intervention of behalf of all lax Catholics. Your love and mercy is much greater than the arrogant unforgiveness of Novatus. Pray for all those baptised Catholics who have strayed away from the Holy Sacraments. Look lovingly on mothers who are eagerly and patiently awaiting their return to Jesus. Protect all young Catholics who stray away from Christ, in their wild, teenage years, attracted by drugs, heavy metal music, alcohol and permissive sex. On this your feast day beloved St. Cornelius hear our supplications and grant us your Grace through Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Amen

15. Lov

This passage is some-what confusing with all the language but "Why did Saint Cornelius become a saint e.g what were his miracles and so on."

16. Braxton Williams

What were the years of his life? That would have been helpful in this article. Also, did you know that saturday night live did a character on a sketch of St. Cornelius?

17. Angela

why is st. Cornelius a saint?

18. CORNELIUS KWASI DORDUNU

Books and statues of saint Cornelius are not common,i called Cornelius and i want to learn more about his life

19. sequoia

i love the passage

20. kim

this is not helpful because it doesn't even give his BIRTHDAY!!!