St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. Jack

Does anyone know where this Augustine quote comes from? "What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like." I believe it is one of his sermons, but I cannot find the source.

2. jake

i gotta do a report thing on u budd

3. alicia

I love st. Augustine...he my fave

4. relish

OMG! I'm doin' a report on this dude.

5. D Ferris

i luv God.

6. Drew

im doin my report on u.

7. Brad Jones

i think u are kool:)

8. Rhoda Bengtsson

Happy Feast Day Papa St. Augustine ! I loved you very much......

9. J Christian

Saint Augustine, Father, Bishop, man, pray for us all, All; pray for that platonic cubist Bride o new Jerusalem, Apostle Pearl spheres at Her Gates; pray party time in Heaven oscillates with double-sung prayers and prates; pray small earthen talk evaporates in Yahwehan Ecstasy; pray arch o'er Angel flight formations wing waggle, sparkle, praise holy sees in holy bees; pray sing Alleluias, Hosannas reverberant to Earths; pray with thy mother Monica, thy Mother Mary, and my mother Margaret; pray for peace and not for war or ware; pray for contemplation's lights, rights, justice and freedoms every where, for every one, for ever, Amen

10. Wendy Mendes

Short and sweet! The information on the life of saints is written beautifully in a capsule. Thank you for the inputs

11. klaire gabrielle b. sanchez

this cathollic online is cool! knowing saints