St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. joseph

i was once a pagan, i am just an empty waste but Jesus has called me in his vineyard and i was so happy that i am here in the portal of a convent. i am new to this place so forgive me if i violated the rules......heehaw.....i am struggling to search the meaning of life.

2. anonymous

I have to write an essay on Saint Augustine.

3. bala

yes it was very useful to know about saints. i hope it will be a inspiration to those who read with whole heart and understand.and it also inspire them to change their life style like saints.

4. Zach White

I've been praying to God asking him which saint can help me to break these habits I have and now i know...Thank you God for answering my prayers! Praise you Lord!

5. Kim

St Augustine, I pray to you to help my son, Matthew, family friends Derrik, Amy, Jennifer and Andrew that they my be cured of their addicitons and find God's love and forgivness. Help them find their path to becoming healthy happy successful productive children of God.

6. Rhoda Lim

Dear St.Augustine, I was so amazed with your life story. Im one of your avid follower for almost 6 years now. I have your image at home and prayed for your intercession for all my problems & trials in life.. which certainly you help.. Thank you St. Augustine,, Praise God..

7. Bobo

I'm doing a report on St. Augustine too!!! But I don't know when he was born, died or what he did to become a saint. Other than that this site is great!

8. Jon

For all of those interested in reading about St. Augustine, I suggest you strongly pursue this. I have found his writings to be truly refreshing and challenging. The writing I would start on is his "Confessions". It can be difficult to read at times, but believe me, it is well worth it. He is truly enlightened and inspired by the Holy Spirit.

9. bob

is the year 430 at the top of this page the year of his canonization or what? if not when was it?

10. zaza santiago

what a life! a GREAT SAINT...
    THANK YOU for providing information such as this.

11. Danny $$$$

im doin my report on this guy hes pretty cool

12. Donny

"but with his holy life he certainly made up for the sins he committed before his conversion."

nothing we do can make up for our sins, thats why we have jesus!

13. joanne

that was very helpfull. thanx for the good work.. keep it up.

14. liva

this was really helpful

15. carolann

St. Augustine, pray to our Lord for me that I may understand you writings. They are not an easy read. Amen.

16. Joe

it helped me out with my report

17. rick benj

one of the greatest saints is saint agustine

18. Amanda 15

I can totally relate to this saint.He is truly inspiring to me.He lived a difficult life but overcame all......because he shouted to God in surrender......
    TRULY.....TRULY.....INSPIRING.

19. Kimberly geglio

please send this to my email address and morre about St. Monicahis mother also Thankyou

20. Paschal

His story is truly a lesson for all of us. God can change us. and he wishes us all such a full conversion so that our hearts can rest in him.