St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. Robert Hagedorn

Is Saint Augustine's exegesis correct? Do a search: First Scandal.

2. Joshua

St.Augustine Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!

3. christie

St. Augustine, I love the words you had on the wall of your room,"lord too late have i loved you". And "here we do not speak evil of anyone". Dear beloved saint, inspire me to follow your example, not to delay loving the Lord from day to day. Besides, help my family to love each other despite being insulted ever so often by snide comments from my other siblings. Are we meant to live and tolerate this? Then, St. Augustine, come to our aid with your wonderful intercession, prayers and pleadings. May my family know Christ more intimately, love Christ more dearly and follow Him more closely, I ask that we keep our focus on Christ, live Christ-centred lives. I like your serenity prayer too. "lord give me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference". St. Monica and St. Augustine pray for my family.

4. Chrisly

Please pray for me to the Lord our God that my studies may be fruitful that the hard works of my parents may be worth it. Please help me that in my studies I will understand all the lessons and that I will be the friends for everyone. That my family will be blessed with a harmonious and happy life with you, with God.
    All glory and honors is your almighty father forever and ever amen.

5. Obinna

Dear St. Augustine. I want You to Intercede for me, for an immediate Job of My dream. Amen

6. Obinna

Oh Saint Augustine! U are the patron saint of the Brewer. I pray for an immediate Job Opportunity now that I have finished my Youth Service. Intercede on my behave to the Most Holy Trinity One God. Amen.

7. lamech george

thanks for being me alive

8. LNO

Dear st. Augustine, you are the patron saint of the brewer, pls assist me to get job I am looking for in the NB. That my name will be shortlisted as we have written an aptitude test, and that I may scale through all the phases of interview and then get the job, Amen

9. NJH

I named my first born son Augustine... after being inspired by this great saint...

10. Joan

In reply to cazmac65: Nobody really knows the color of St. Augustin's skin but he was most likely black because St. monica was african. The race of his father is unknown. Hope that helps. :)

11. Anna

My dad isn't catholic and just a few days ago he said he never will be Catholic and he wants me to respect that. how am I supposed to be able to respect that I am with him every other weekend wich means I don't go to mass every other Sunday, wich is a grave sin. my mom just tells me to pray to St. Monica and St. Augustine. I've been praying for him for about a year now and I feel like it's pointless because he still refuses to go to mass. I do things like asking him to help me on a saint project, pray with me before meals... stuff like that.

12. Bernardo Gui

I became Catholic 4 years ago this Easter.
    Converting, literally saved my life & my wretched soul.
    IT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE !
    I was confirmed & baptised on Easter 4 years ago.
    My confirmation name: "Augustine"....."very appropriate" for me.

13. Dura Aondofa Geoffrey

during this lenten season lets have mercy on one another, for fasting without mercy is of no value. happy lenten season to all

14. Abey Chanie

saint Agustin life was like a candle

15. Cazmac65

I was looking to see if any black saints existed,in particular St Augustine which was the name of a secondary school my son attended before it was demolished,there is still a primary school with his name,but nobody believed me when I told them that St Augustine was black,could you please confirm this for me.Thank You in advance.

16. Saint Augustine

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... MUCH. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. jacinta

i love st. augustine very much

18. Tom Cruise

You people are just dumb christians get a hold of yourselves stupid paptists! I guess even grown people need an imaginairy friend to talk to! =p

19. jude

im doing a report on augustine need help

20. AUGUSTINE JOHN

The PEOPLE who WALKED in DARKNESS have seen a GREANT LIGHT those who dweit in a LAND of DEEP DARKNESS on them has LIGHT SHINED.
    St.AUGUSTINE,prey for us.AMIN.