St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. Dylan Harrington
    5 months ago

I love to learn about saints. St. Augustine is my favorite saint.

2. marvin barte
    5 months ago

inspiring

3. aubry bautista
    5 months ago

I would like to ask if St. Augustine performed any miracles. I found no one in web or books.

4. gabe
    9 months ago

im doing a project on him right now and it is so interesting my lord he has got some good things about him .

5. Eliezer Mwasele
    10 months ago

It is very educative, interesting and worth being read for more knowledge and understanding of our being and enlightment

6. ifeanyianiokwu
    11 months ago

Oh saints augustine 2day is ur feast day pls pray 4 me I have bein in sin of sexual immorality 4 some pass years now let me be converted and open total surrender 2 God as u did on ur life time

7. Joseph Mathew
    11 months ago

St. Augustine of Hippo, please continue to pray for us.

8. Christian Quendangan
    11 months ago

Today is the Feast day of St. Augustine and his mother St. Monica! Let's give him thanks and praise!

9. David
    11 months ago

To say that St. Augustine was Roman because he wrote in Latin is to say African-Americans are Anglo-Saxons because they write in English. Use of the term “Hamitic-Caucasian” is an attempt to deny the influence of Africans upon world development and enlightenment. It is unfortunate that the artwork accompanying this treatise does not recognize that St. Augustine was black, the same way that brown skinned African-Americans are called “black”. His feast day, and that of St. Monica’s, can be used to celebrate the true “Catholic” reach of The Church.

10. John Darigan

Great saint, father of the church -- wasn't Black however.. He was Roman..

11. TATENDA NDLOVU

St Augustine i have been given you by God pray for me that I may be successful in the work of God

12. Joan

St Augustine, pray for me for the conversion of my ex-husband to turn away from a godless lifestyle and to return to the matrimonial home to lead a life which is God-centered. Like St Monica, I pray that Jesus touched Christopher's heart soon.

13. Joseph Mathew

St. Augustine of Hippo, Please pray for me and for my family to lead a life pleasing to God and not succoumb to the many temptations that confront us in our day to day life..

14. veronica

St. Augustine through your prayers iam asking God to help my brother and his son to have strong faith in god and go to church to praise God Amen.

15. Kokkeragadda.Henry Bhaskara Rao

Dear St.Augustine! I am inspired by your miraculous conversion to Christian faith and the way you become seedling for the faithfulI all over,and you have been the treasure and resource person for the FAITH preachers and practitioners. I have been praying for my sons and I ask you to intercede for my children to grow in staunch faith in catholicism.,Amen.

16. Fr. George

A great Saint, who had a great Mother and who needs to be studied and re-studied.
    A great mind, an unique soul and an oustanding teaching hierarch of the Universal Church, Orthodox and Catholic.

17. Kokkeragadda.Henry Bhaskara Rao

St.Augustine is a great saint ,the treasure of catholic faith. He is a role model even to the present day youth to convert themselves to the devout life.I pray St.Augustine for the intersession of my sons to dedicate their lives for the LORD,s mission.
    Great and Dear St.Augustine! pray for us.

18. chet bas

Happy feast day St. Augustine. thank you for aiding me in turning my life around

19. andrea

Why do you all pray to St. Augustine? He is just a person that followed God with all of his heart and God worked through him to do some pretty amazing things. Pray to Jesus, not the people that followed him hole heartily, that are now dead and happy in heaven and therefore can't hear our depressing prayers. Pray to God; he hears us and answers because he loves us all. Just like how much He loved St. Augustine to forgive and forget all of his past sins. God loves everyone no matter what. He's always waiting for those who aren't following Him to turn around. God loves you!

20. Chance

I'm about to be Confirmed with St. Augustine as my saint. This article really helped me understand the life of him fully :)