St. John Vianney Comments

St. John Vianney, Priest (Patron of priests) Feast day - August 4 Universally known as the "Cure of Ars)," St. John Mary Vianney was ordained a priest in 1815. Three years later he was made parish priest of Ars, a remote French hamlet, where his reputation as a confessor and director of souls made him known throughout the Christian world. His life was one of extreme mortification. Accustomed to the most severe austerities, ... Continue Reading

1. georgine schottler

Because a program on John Vianney is airing this afternoon, I read about him in the book of saints and then went to the inter-net. Your site is most informative. This man helps me realize I do not sacrifice enough and that I should pray more. Bless you.

2. ISABELLE ET JUSTIN

Prier pour moi, pécheur que je suis, Saint Jean Marie Vianney, intercède pour moi auprès de Dieu le Père, pour qu’il puisse m'accorder une intelligence pour continuer mes études, aide moi également à mieux se confesser pour avoir la paix du coeur,Prier pour tous ceux en ont besoin.

3. Val

St John Vianney, I ask for help with my prayers to our Lord Jesus Christ, for aid to heal my son from his sickness

4. Gina Lim

St John Marie Vianney is my favorite saint because of his simplicity, humility and unwavering love for God and his fellow men. His aim was to save souls, that's was why he spent so much time-16 hours per day, hearing confessions.
    Please pray for us, dear Saint.

5. Joseph mathew

Dear St. John maria Vianney,
    You are still fresh in our minds, since we celebrated the 150th year of your eternal entry into heaven as the Holy year of priests. Please pray for us to lead a good life pleasing to God!

6. Onyinye

St John Mary Vianney,patron saint of d priest. Pray for d priests and also for d sick ones esp. My dad Marcel Obih.

7. Roseline

Through the interssetion of St.john Vianney i pray that may we able to be simply and behave child like for us to see the kingdom of God St. John Vianney pray for us

8. Joseph santiago CMF

He was a simple man like you and me but rich in the sight of God because of his patience, martification and acts of love and mercy. He showed a great heart felt devotion towards the sacraments of reconciliation i.e. ‘Confession". He had the technique to save the sinners and win over people for Christ with his common sense and natural virtues. Those who study more lack some times the humility and patience. I teach in the seminary the Christian virtues found in the saints. We need to learn that first. He was good listener.Church is not only a teacher but a listener. that's what i learn from the saint john mary vianny.

9. Adrian

I especially love him because he is a true inspiration to me and a very good Patron to my Beloved Jesuit Spiritual Director

10. christie

St. John Vianney, patron saint of parish priests, bless and sanctify our priests, that they may be truly leaders through their holy example. Bless my little grandson, Christian Vengadesan Ruiz, give him healing of mind and body. Free him from all developmental delays...that he may learn, progress and flourish. Bless my mother, Victoria Gonzales, and protect her from all abuse and unkindness. Keep her in God's divine providence. Grant her the comfort, consolation and courage that she so rightly deserves in her old age. Help us, caregivers to know, discerne her needs. Keep her safe and sound always. St. John Vianney, pray for us. Grant us your loving indulgence and prevail upon us. May we feel your loving care.Amen

11. bro. yesu balan

i love to read the life of st. vianny... there are so much to imitat from his life. is der any one lilke HIM...?

12. Rita

I love reading saints stories.Their stories inspire me alot.I LEARN ALOT FROM SAINTS ON HOW TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE. ST. JOHN MARY VINNEY PRAY FOR ME AND MY PEOPLE. PRAY ALSO FOR MY BROTHER JOHN VIANNEY THAT HE MAY COME TO KNOW THAT GOD STILL LOVES HIM.

13. fatima

I love reading about the lives of saints, especially when i needed inspiration and they remind me to be good.

14. jacob

St.Vianney pl. pray for me my family.I THANK GOD GIVING US THIS GREAT SAINT& ROLE MODEL/SIGN POST

15. john

St. John Marie Vianney, pray for us!

16. emmanuel

tis wuz muy buen muchacho holla

17. valerie mutukwa

God always uses the humble to do His work.what a blessing

18. amy

ilove school i saw
    donna she said i cant put thumd in my mouth september. ilove lorna juile sam elaine

19. jamie

as a aithist this was some usful info yet i had allredy found all this on a nother site i respect ur religin and i nead this st for a project i went to st john viannie primery so i wish to do him yet i nead more information than this

if any one can help please wb

20. Ali

I love this saint so much! Thanks for helping me with my project!