St. Maximilian Kolbe Comments

Maximilian was born in 1894 in Poland and became a Franciscan. He contracted tuberculosis and, though he recovered, he remained frail all his life. Before his ordination as a priest, Maximilian founded the Immaculata Movement devoted to Our Lady. After receiving a doctorate in theology, he spread the Movement through a magazine entitled "The Knight of the Immaculata" and helped form a community of 800 men, the largest in the world. ... Continue Reading

1. Geoff

A wonderful inspiration, also my name saint when I was received into the Catholic Church.

2. Lucy

Maximilian is a wonderful saint i have to do a saint project on him for school and i enjoy learning so much about him. :) keep rokin kolbe.!

3. max mantey

fr. kolbe was a great man and we share the same name!

4. Kelley

Since I first learned of St.Maximilian a few years ago, I can't think of anyone else I know of, who fully lived the love of both Our Lord and Blessed Mother. We need him in our lives now more than ever.

5. GloriaMachado

I once prayed to him and my prayer was answered, he prayed to the Virgin Mary. I asked that he could pray to the Virgin for me again to help my sick husband and to the place to go. thank you

6. pat hurtuk

fr. kolbe should also be regarded as the patron saint for euthanasis problem, since he himself was euthanized. and polish here in america talk far too little of him. and many nothing at all. he was a good speaker against freemasonry

7. SAMI

This was helpful!

8. Joan Albert

Please tack on this verse from the Bible to the comment I sent earlier. I used my maiden name Johanne Pelletier for that comment. Thank you.

Hebrews 13:3
    Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them; and those who are ill-treated, since you also are in the body.

9. Rishi P.

Hi Bridget, I couldn't help but comment on your comment: it's not right to have 'idols', even if it is a Saint of God. Remember the 1st commandment. I know I'm probably just over-scrutinizing, but just wanted to make sure... :-) God Bless! (My fav saint is our Holy Mother though! :-D )

10. J Christian

Saint Max Kolbe pray for us all, be to the Max; pray for those so greedy their souls have got carbonized; pray for those so giddy their thoughts are like drink diddy carbonated; pray healing for those tubercular suffering or coughing bloods; pray for those confined by others unjustly not even allowed a bath; pray for those tortured ones and those evil who torture them in their path; pray our rain continue gain to end our pain and make us sane, plain without feign the reign of Christ as nicely heist we to heaven in leaven Spirit seven, even Martyrs ever from Stephen to never thee always breathlessly free with me and Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and sever, serve for ever with the old clever crew like crows fly & flee & flow free & deserve in new Jerusalem, Amen Alleluia Yahweh Selah Jesus Glory Be in His modernity-eternity eternally...

11. Johanne Pelletier

Saint Maximilian Kolbe, you know what it is like to be in poisoned for your faith. Please intercede for the Catholic priests and Bishops in China who are placed in prisons there, as many of these Religious have been put in slave labor camps. In March of 1991 my parish Priest, Rev. Paul R. Marquis, received a letter and commentary from John Davies of an organization called "Free The Fathers"--Headquarters in Tennessee U.S.A. Mr. Davis asked us, Americans, to stop giving China a special trade status called "Most Favored Nation" or MFN. As this gives China the lowest possible tariff rates for imported goods. He stated that we should not be giving China special favors until they improve their human rights policies and grant religious freedom to their citizens. The letter requested that we ask the then Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell to introduce legislation blocking MFN for China until they release all the priests and Bishops. I know that may of the participants in my prayer group wrote to Senator Mitchell and asked that he support this cause. If Senator George Mitchell of Maine took action...I'm not sure. But I do know that this injustice is still happening today.

I refer the readers of this forum to go to your upper right hand corner of this screen-- under Most Popular and click on #2 "Special: Why I will not be attending (or Watching the Beijing Olympics" by Steven W. Mosher. He attests to China holding thousand political prisoners without charge or trial. Quote: "These include democracy activists, lawyers, human rights defenders, religious leaders, journalist, trade unionist, Tibetan Buddhist, Uyghurs, ‘unofficial’ church members, members of the ‘underground’ Catholic Church, women pregnant with ‘illegal’ children, Faun Gong practitioners, and political dissidents." Please Saint Maximilian give the grace of courage to monks of your order or well as any other to check if they are in need of help in China. If they are, give them the grace to persevere and to help the other many held prisoners.

Let us all pray for our elected officials of our government as they, through there continued support of special favors to China have enriched the Chinese government. With these riches they are spreading China’s evils to other countries--they support regimes that, like it, have no respect for human dignity. Pray St. Maximilian that our elected government wake up to the human tragedies they are causing all over the world because they choose to support and make powerful a country like China who is out to achieve Super Power rank so they can conquer the world through Communism. St. Kolbe, ask your Immaculata-Our Lady, to intercede for us so China will not spread its errors all over the world. I also ask our beloved Pope John Paul II to intercede from Heaven and let the freeing of the people in China be his miracle that will get him canonized. This would be a just cause for him as he did meet the conditions of consecration that was asked of us by our Lord so Communism would not spread all over this world. Help all oppressed people dear St. Kolbe, Mother-the Immuaculata, and the late Pope John Paul II. Thank you.

12. Chlodagh Sutherland

I love Maximilian Kolbe totes more than that bridget girl
    i even chose him as my saint name.
    i love him way more
    I pray to you dear maximilian.
    JESUS IS MY SAVIOUR

13. Bridget Perman

Hi;
    i am in love with maximilian-kolbe.
    He is my idol.
    And not a day goes by that i don't look up to him =]
    He is totez amazing.
    Loveyou Maxxy.
    Jebbz is a babe

14. maximilian heim

i was supposed 2 do a asignment on him and this is the site i had 2 use i had 2 wright 2 pages on him but the info is only half