St. Lawrence - Martyr Comments

Saint Lawrence was one of seven deacons who were in charge of giving help to the poor and the needy. When a persecution broke out, Pope St. Sixtus was condemned to death. As he was led to execution, Lawrence followed him weeping, "Father, where are you going without your deacon?" he said. "I am not leaving you, my son," answered the Pope. "in three days you will follow me." Full of joy, Lawrence gave to the poor ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

St. Lawrence, Please pray for us!

2. Tony D

Does this mean that St. Lawrence is the patron saint of football players, since he died on the gridiron?

3. tawandagota

We pray for an increase in generousity, may we give without receive for the more we give, the more we shall receive as you did. Amen!

4. christie

St. Lawrence, you inspire all who know about you, with your commitment to the poor, fidelity to your Pope, sense of humour in pain, and complete faith in God's mercy and goodness. On this your feast day, I ask you to look kindly on all the aged who are bedridden. Give them God's consolation. May all their caregivers be truly kind and patient, loving and painstaking. Bless all little children with the affliction of fragile X and who are thus tormented with illnesses and developmental delays. Give these unfortunate children complete cure and permanent progress in living skills, studies, exams, creative pursuits. May they never be bullied or looked down upon. This I ask you on your feast day St. Lawrence. Amen

5. CYNTHIA

My son, Yohan is born on the 10th August,I would often relate to him the story about St.Lawrence.He now has him as his patron saint.
    When I was a young girl, there was a myth and the coals that burnt St.Lawrence could be found where ever crosses were erected on the roadside in Bombay (India),
    and I together with my friends would dig up the mud around the crosses on his feast day to find out who got the most pieces of coals.
    I just read the story to my two grand children, they were amazed of St Lawrence's
    humour while still on the grill.
    He was born in c225
    Died A.D.258.
    He is a patron of fire and bankers, because death by fire and his position as "keeper of the treasures of the church".

6. Lawrence Bersaldo

i was born on august 10, that's why i was named after St. Lawrence the martyr... AMEN!!

7. preston

i love this website i have to finish a project and this website helped me alot.............. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8. nan

give me dates please. info was good but need to put it in a historical perspective. Should always answer the questions- who, what, when, where, why and how.

9. Robert Bretz

I don't know where to start and I've been looking for answers to many questions over my lifetime now. At age 10, I had visions and Jesus had appeared over my body and spoke to me. I didn't tell anyone until a few months ago. Then I saw images in wood and wall paneling that depicted death and holy figures. In 1991 I saw images in paper and I began drawing what I would see. I only kept a few and one in particular was special for some reason to me for which I can not explain other than by feeling. It wasn't until a few years ago that I went to a movie theatre and saw a movie called Angels and Demons. There I had seen what I had drawn on paper was a resemblence of St. Teresa on fire? I was startled at the resemblence and was moved to burst out with emotions. I have been letting these events go until now and I'm asking for a response of why, what to do, or is this nothing to be concerned with? upon request I can show drawing made.

10. Ramona

St Lawrence Martyr is the patron saint for the town that I live in which is in Bernalillo New Mexico. We celebrate him for three days in aug. The three days are 9th, 10th, 11th. We have Matachines dancers, Its a grand celeabrtion he in my town. This has been a tradition for over 318 years in my town.

11. Guillaume Karsters

I'm in the proces of becoming a deacon in November this year and i am looking for a role model, to look up to. I found one! It's an amazing story that has made a great impact on me. Thanks for the comments, i,ve also learned from them! God bless!

12. Patrick

Saint Lawrence of Rome (deacon and martyr) is a patron of librarians, along with Saint Jerome and Saint Catherine of Alexandria. He is the patron of the Diocese of Amarillo, Texas. He is also considered a patron of comedians, based on what he said to the judge.

13. Savannah

Does anyone know what he is the patron of?

14. Savannah

this ia an awesome saint! C an Fr. Ray, sorry, i dont know his date of birth but he was executed in 258. Hope that helps :)

15. Fr Ray Simpson

Please give his dates or century

16. Rodney Scot Brumbaugh

I'm just starting RCIA. so far it's been great. My sponsor gave me a book "Saints". I really enjoy the story of Saint Laurence. he is a role model for us all. Don't want to be cooked on a gridiron. Hope to learn more as i continue my journey.

17. LAWRENCE CRASTO

Yes St Lawrence id the grate to me Jesus christ had given him the power to help the christain n all the people in the world.

18. Walter Thomas Appos

GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL SITE - FROM KUWAIT

19. C.

Does anybody know his Date of Birth.?

20. Lydia

What an amazing person! Such an inspiration!