St. Lawrence - Martyr Comments

Saint Lawrence was one of seven deacons who were in charge of giving help to the poor and the needy. When a persecution broke out, Pope St. Sixtus was condemned to death. As he was led to execution, Lawrence followed him weeping, "Father, where are you going without your deacon?" he said. "I am not leaving you, my son," answered the Pope. "in three days you will follow me." Full of joy, Lawrence gave to the poor ... Continue Reading

1. JOHN LLOYD LAWRENCE
    8 months ago

st.lawrence is my grand grand grand grand father

2. Ivan Krizanac

St. Lawrence is my favorite saint. One time i prayed to him, i lost something (a science binder of everything i had collected throughout the whole year) in 7th or 8th grade. I prayed to St. Lawrence and he answered it. Long story short, the next day i knew exactly where it was and i found it. I didn't just walk into it. I knew exactly where it was. It wasn't magic, it was the power of prayer.

3. Lawrence Pudjo Tjahjono

I sit in silence and reflect all of your final end. I try to understand of how witty the truth you showed upon the riches of church. They denied you and punished you for their failure to become part of the worldly kingdom. Your death was a surrender? a sacrifice or a devotion to human kind? But certainly your courage to face death and torture was just exactly like Jesus's. Amazingly courageous. I adore you as the next person who defaced death and torture who was full of bravery to show the true riches of God too..

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Lawrence the Martyr, please continue to pray for us.

5. kulandai Raj

St. Lawrance pray for us. Dear Holy saint pray for me to become like you.

6. Joan

I recently completed five and a half weeks of radiation for breast cancer, and I offered up every session for the intentions of St. Lawrence. I believe he was a great help to me. I had severe burns so the last week I called my Radiologist and told her that I could not have anymore, I only had two days left, because I was "done on this side". Fortunately she agreed with me, and fortunately she is a Catholic in my Parish with whom I had shared the story of St. Lawrence.

7. Raj Ambrose

Dear St.Lawrence,
    Enable me to Love God with the same unquenchable fire of Love you had and grant me the strength and wisdom to become a Martyr for Christ. Amen

8. Ajit Lawrence Ekka

Though i have my saint name LAWRENCE i knew very less about this saint. This is of great help to me.Glory to st. Lawrence & thanks to catholic.org

9. christopher

wow

10. Joseph Mathew

St. Lawrence, The flame that you imbued within was the love of God. Since it was stronger than than the flame outside, you felt no pain while your body was being roasted! Dear saint, please pray for us to love God above everything else.

11. christie

St. Lawrence of Rome, deacon and martyr, bless us on your feast day. Give us joy and peaceful feelings all through the day and always. Grant health and healing to little children who are born with developmental delays. Amen

12. Martin

St Lawrence by your example, help us to burn with desire and Love as you did for Jesus, by giving and not receiving and live a holy life.

Help all the poor people in the world be torn apart from Wars and famine of no making of themselves, so that there lives may once again be calm and tranquil and live in peace and love of each other and in Jesus and Mary.

Thank you for listening to my Prayer. Amen.

13. christine

St Lawrence please intercede that we may be given more deacons in the church and for an
    of vocation to the priesthood.
    My mother has her birthday today 10th august, her grandfathers name was Lawrence.

14. Hope Valdivia

I would like to see some of San Loenzo Martin in spanish.

15. jim johnson

he is the patron of cooks, tanners, librarians, and archivist.

16. Joseph G G

Thank you St Lawrence for accepting my son Ryan G G in your school and he made a u turn now he is in high school freshmen and got him in to Sr. varsity basketball team and I pray may he guided and blessings to his path and purpose , to able to fulfill Gods plan for him and thank you to our Almighty Father amen

17. Lourdie D'Souza

St. Lawrence pray for us all. Pray for us that we may too like you love God so much that even though when we are in pain and in suffering that God may give us the strength to endure the pain
    Pray for us all to come closer to GOD

18. Vito

I also was born on his feast day 10th of August, the night of the shooting stars :)

19. zach

When was he born and die?
    Where did he live?

20. joseph santiago cmf

Here is a man who knows the value of the temporal goods of the poor. He was not proud when he had the wealth of the church of Rome