St. Gertrude of Nivelles Comments

Benedictine abbess, the daughter of Blessed Pepin of Landen and Blessed Itta of Ida. Itta founded Nivelles Abbey and installed Gertrude as abbess in 639. Gertrude was a mystic, gifted with visions. She befriended the Irish saints Foillian and Ultan. Gertrude is a patroness of travelers and gardeners. Continue Reading

1. michelle

Please offier prayers to St Gertrude for my beloved cat Quinten. He is very sick and has been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks. Thank you and God Bless

2. Catherine

Please return my dear Sammy to me. He is lost in a strange place and I am very worried about him. Please open his ears to my voice so that he will emerge from his refuge and return to my loving arms. I miss him so much!

3. Jill

Please pray for my cat, Buster. He has been diagnosed with a heart condition. Help him to live a long and healthy life. Thank you, St. Gertrude of Nivelles, patron saint of cats!

4. Jenny

I humbly ask St. Gertrude to send my beautiful Simon, a feral cat, that escaped my home back to me safe and sound. His family misses him!

5. mary

Dear St Gertrude, please look after the soul of my beloved Mr Tuck. I pray for help to cope with his loss

6. Fiona Fletcher

I humbly ask St Gertrude to look out for my missing cat, Sisko, and if possible, send him home to me safe and well. Last time I had a cat go missing, I posted a prayer to her, and he was found the next day after being locked in a garage in a nearby street for 15 days. He made a complete recovery. I pray that my little Sisko will be as fortunate. Thank you Lady,

7. gertrude mirriam

such a great saint and we ask to pliz interceed for all of us who have posted comments till the hour of our death

8. Kristina

I have also read that she is the patron saint of cats, travelers, the recently deceased, and the mentally ill.
    I pray that she keeps my kitties safe, both living and dead, and me safe in my profession.

9. MJ

Please offer prayers with me to St. Gertrude (and all the saints who are patrons of cats) on behalf of my cat, Pumpkin, who is going to the vet today. She hasn't been eating much and has lost a bit of weight. Thank you.

10. Chandel McDonald

Our beautiful, beloved cat, Tiny, went missing in the storm several days ago and we have not been able to find her. I am offering prayers to St. Gertrude and would appreciate any and all prayers for her safe return home. God Bless.

11. PJ

I just found out St. Gertrude is the patron saint of cats. Our cat became very sick yesterday and I have been praying to St. Gertrude..any prayers would be greatly appreciated -PJ

12. Sandy

Thank St Gertrude, for taking care of my cat for 3 1/2 weeks, I thought she had died, but , today she is at home..skinny, but well...I thank her for taking care of her..Sandy

13. Marie

St. Gertrude of Nevilles loved Cats! I wish that information would be noted! It is most important!

14. ashley

ive already done a report on her and im doing another one on her

15. Gloria

would appreciate a reference to get details of her life. thank you

16. Gertrude

She is my Saint. Named after her. She is a good Saint.

17. Lisa Pearce

She is my saint's name - I was confirmed last year and 43!

18. Carlyndra

St. Gertrude is awesome!

I chose her for my Saints Project required for my Comfirmation.

19. natalie escarciga

st gertrude of nevilles is the patron st of cats!!!