St. Gertrude of Nivelles Comments

Benedictine abbess, the daughter of Blessed Pepin of Landen and Blessed Itta of Ida. Itta founded Nivelles Abbey and installed Gertrude as abbess in 639. Gertrude was a mystic, gifted with visions. She befriended the Irish saints Foillian and Ultan. Gertrude is a patroness of travelers and gardeners. Continue Reading

1. Kathryn
    5 months ago

Please pray for my kitty Rose she hasn't been feeling well for a while and she is getting a second opinion tomorrow

2. Jerica
    5 months ago

Dear St. Gertrude,

You are my name Patron (Jerica = Gertrude, Slovene variation)! Please, help our dear cat Fuoco to heal after a very heavy injury and heavy operation today! He is such a sweet and lovely pussy cat, too young to die! And he is such a good companion and sweet cat and exelent company to his two brothers! We all love him so much and we want him back as soon as possible. Let him not suffer and help him to be cured soon! We miss him! He will bring again so much tenderness and love to our family! So bless him, protect him and bring him soon back to us! Thanks from my heart, Jerica

3. Fred Sturner
    6 months ago

Dear St. Gertrude,

I entrust my faithful companion Weasel to your care and protection. I humbly request that you protect and heal him and he be restored to health. And please protect all of those cats in need, with complete trust they give so much and ask so little of us.

Thank you.

Mother, Weasel needs help. I do not feel that it is his time to go yet. His companionship means so much to me now looking forward to the challenges I face. Emily is beautiful. She talks much of you. I love you and miss you.

4. Lucy
    7 months ago

St. Gertrude, a kitty I am fostering named Mimi has been missing for a couple of days now. There is a hole behind my washing machine and I fear she may have crawled inside it and is under the house, I hope she is not trapped. I also fear that my temporary house mates may have let her out. Please keep her safe and bring her back to me safely. Thankyou so much for hearing my petition.

5. tim
    7 months ago

Please bring me my long time cat companion willow back to me - She's much missed - If lassie was a cat it would be my willow

6. Ann
    9 months ago

Dear St. Gertrude, I beseech you to help us in our search for our beloved cat, Elmo, who disappeared a year ago. Please watch over him and guide him safely home. If he has been taken in by another family, please touch their hearts and have them reach out to us through our many contacts. Bless you and thank you so much.

7. Pia

Oh, St Gertrude, Please help me and intercede for me that my beloved Princess BratKat Muffin finds her way home soon and safely. If there is anyone who may have kept her, please touch the heart of that person that he/she may return Princess BratKat Muffin to us. Please touch the heart of that person so that he/she may feel the heartbreak the loss of our beloved pet has caused our family. St Francis & St Anthony, please intercede for us. Amen.

8. Mary

Dear Saint Gertrude, please look with pity on my kitty Spooky, who probably has a melanoma in his mouth. I beg for a miracle, that the growth is not cancer, but if this is not God's will, please obtain for me the strength to bear up with the end of a 13 year love, and grant me the courage to send him home to Kitty Heaven before he suffers. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Thank you, St Gertrude.

9. Joan

I am humbly praying to St. Gertrude, please intercede my pleads to out loving God. Please provide enough strength to Pilita, my 7-year old cat who will undergo surgery again this afternoon. May she be strong enough to endure the process & aftermath. Please guide the doctors who will conduct the surgery, may they do what's best for her and may overcome all the challanges that they will be facing in the procedure. May the surgery be successful & may my cat be blessed with a speedy recovery & a longer life with me. May the kittens be perfectly healthy at all times too and may they also be blessed with longer lives. We ask this through Christ our lord, Amen.

10. Claudia

I offer prayer to St. Gertrude, I humbly ask you help my cat, Viggo, through his illness. Pray his body gains strength and recovers 100%. Please give him the urge to drink and eat. He is my best friend and part of my family. This I ask in Jesus' name. God Bless.

11. Sue

Dear St Gertrude, I humbly ask that you guide my cats Kitty and Apache to get along well. Apache has been diagnosed with initial stages of kidney problems and we would like him to have the quality of life he deserves. Right now both cats are antagonistic towards each other and stressed. We just want them both to be happy.Thank you very much.

12. Nancy

Please, St. Gertrude, I desperately pray for my kitty, Newman. He has a virus that may be incurable. Please look over him. I pray he gets healthy and is with us for many more years. He is deeply loved. Thank you.

13. Liz

Dear St. Gertrude, Please help us with our sister's cat family that she has left behind, so many sweet wonderful kitties we are caring for after her death, but time is running short and we need help. Thank you so much.

14. Alexandra

Dear St. Gertrude of Nevilles, my cat Mr. marbles or George was let out of my house by builders. He has been gone for 24 hours, please return him to my house and my family safely. My mother is absolutely in a wreck. Please return him to us. I will be praying

15. Norah

Dear St Gertrude

I entrust my beloved Jadi to your care and protection. Please let this not be the end for my faithful and loving companion. I beseech you to heal him and make him strong and well again. Prayers also for all of the cats listed here.

Thank you St Gertrude and St Francis!

16. Brenda

Did Saint Gertrude write any books or papers? I would like to read her thoughts.

Too bad that Saint Gertrude the Great overshadows our dear St. Gertrude, patron of cats, and that her feast day is the same as St. Patrick's! We'll have to make sure that it is not overlooked -- perhaps bake a milk cake in her honor? That is a food that cats must approve.

Thank you, dear Saint, for protecting our Freddy Astaire when he disappeared for two weeks. Please continue to protect him and his half-sister, Ginger Beauboo, when they go outside.

And if you could get all four of my cats to get along in a friendly manner it would improve my home so much. We would all be happier! Thank you for your help.

17. Sue

Dear St Gertrude, Sascha has been found! Thank you, thank you so much! Except for being exhausted, parched and extremely dirty, he is fine and on his medication again. Bless you and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

18. Sue

Dear St Gertrude, I humbly ask that Sascha be guided back to his family's home. He escaped over the fence from my sister's house and has been missing for 2 days, He needs medication or he will bleed to death through scratching or infection. Please help him find his way home or let my sis and husband find him safe and unharmed soon. Thank you so much.

19. Melissa

Dear St. Gertrude, I humbly ask that you help our Winston return to us safely and soon. I am so worried about him and it is just so unlike him to not return home. Please, St. Gertrude, patroness of cats, let me hear his earnest meow and see his little face soon. I love him so much. Please let him be safe.

20. Tine

Dear St. Gertrude I humbly ask you to help me and my family. We were exposed to a deer mouse and I am very fearful of the risk of contracting the virus they carry. Please keep my family safe and help quell this fear of mice that has left me gripped in fear. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder and pray for you to send me comfort during this difficult time. I also pray for my two cats whom I love dearly. Thank you.