St. Charles Lwanga and Companions Comments

For those of us who think that the faith and zeal of the early Christians died out as the Church grew more safe and powerful through the centuries, the martyrs of Uganda are a reminder that persecution of Christians continues in modern times, even to the present day. The Society of Missionaries of Africa (known as the White Fathers) had only been in Uganda for 6 years and yet they had built up a community of converts whose faith would ... Continue Reading

1. Fatima
    4 months ago

St Charles Lwanga and campion pray for us catechist to stand firm on our catholic faith and bringing people nearer to Jesus especially our youth .

2. sanctopio
    8 months ago

The Uganda Martyrs story is so Inspiring. St. Charles Lwanga and companions Pray for us, that at the face of today's world challenges we, the young people may remain strong and defend our Catholic faith with courage and zeal even when persecuted.

3. bob
    10 months ago

very helpful; the information in this articles was very accurate.

4. Andrew One Union
    10 months ago

Volunteering for Christ. The Uganda Martyrs we give you honor and respect. Pray for us, the youth of this generation to volunteer for Christ not to follow drugs, and satanism.

5. Ingrid Nshemereirwe

"..They died calling on the name of Jesus and proclaiming, "You can burn our bodies, but you cannot harm our souls." "St Charles Lwanga and companions pray for us to have that boldness and strong faith in our Lord Jesus Christ!

6. HUMPHREY

there is a song about the the Uganda's saints that makes me cry each time I sing or hears it.
    St.Charles and your companions pray for us.

7. Priscilla Ify Nnaegbuna

I read this story of matyrs of Uganda streaming wt tears in my eyes.what a great saints,Despite their ages! Infact i feel bitter and ashame of myself 4d way i ve lived my life b4 now cos i ve bn d complainin and d impatient type in d face of problems. Bt wt their lives am renewed 2day 2face life wt courage,joy,faith and patient no matter d situation. Infact am so happy now.I cant explain d kind of joy that wells up in me now. Oh great matyrs of Uganda pray 4us 2make heaven as u did.

8. Steve

I heard this story for the first time in 2012 on WRBH 88.9FM New Orleans, Louisiana, radio for the blind and print handicapped. A welcome story unexpected on the airwaves of this area at the time.

9. Charles Lwanga

It has helped me prepare my homily for the Uganda Martyrs day celebration at the Catholic University next week

10. muchoki joseph

The information have helped me to learn more about our church Saint

11. WILSON WACHIRA

THANKS ALOT FOR PROVIDING THIS INFORMATION. It has not only built my faith and courage to face obstacles and tribulations but also endure my spilitual journey to the end.

12. georgia

Oh Uganda martys,pray for us all ,st Jean Mary mzee my patron saint given to mi by my late mum,pray for me dia,am still badly off also pray for my mum's soul

13. namuyomba sarah

This is wonderful but seem to be a little bit brief. thanks to the organizers and the publisher of this article. i am so much interested in knowing more about the Uganda martyrs so i still need
    help

14. Karen Sayers

St. Charles Lwanga and Companions, pray for us! What heroic individuals they are. I have known of these Martyrs for years and never was able to read much about them. After reading their story, I am taking them as my Patrons. Their joy and faith put us all to shame, especially when we get afraid to merely and gently confront a supervisor or co-worker who is using fowl language in our work places. We are so afraid to say it is offensive because we are Christians. I was guilty of that many times because I thought they would judge me on everything if I said I was a Christian and see my hypocracy. Now that I am an older RN, I have many times told doctors and nurses to stop talking fowl language because I don't like it, nor do our patients. I do not tell them I am a Christian unless they ask because I want my actions to speak for themselves. To any nurses or caregivers who might read this, there is a handbook on Divine Mercy Nursing. Just google it and you can order the booklet. It is wonderful. Thanks so much for this article on St. Charles Lwanga and Companions, my new patrons+

15. andrew kapuya

we honor you, African Saints Pray for Us.

16. charles luwanga effah duah

This name was given to me by our late catechist when they baptized me in the year 1980and, I have now realized why my life is just and fearless in all my decisions.I thank God for my name and I want prayers from st. Charles and all the saint in my academic and marriage life.

17. sabbas nyuysemo

thanks alot for this insifht my faith is lifted up

18. Ebenezer

Pls st chales lwanga i want u to pray for me upon admission, that God should grant me wisdom, knowledgeand understanding and also should lead me to my surcess.

19. Ben

@Bin Kaima

How do you know it's not true about Mwanga? Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

20. Charles Lwange

My name is ''Charles Lwange''. The name was given to me by my parents because I was born on 3rd June. Both my parents are Catholics. The name ''Charles'' is actually having a lot of impart on me, because I always stand by the ''TRUTH'' and hates others to be cheated. I am always strong and bold in taking actions against such wicked people. I pray and I ask St. Charles Lwanga to strengthen me to keep protecting the right of the people always. May his spirit shine to me in all my doings. I am happy to read on St. Charles Lwanga today whose name I bear.