St. Cecilia Comments

In the fourth century appeared a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian, written, like those of Chrysanthus and Daria, Julian and Basilissa, in glorification of the virginal life, and with the purpose of taking the place of the sensual romances of Daphnis and Chloe, Chereas and Callirhoe, etc., which were then popular. There may have been a foundation of fact on which the story was built up; but the Roman Calendar of the ... Continue Reading

1. the world

Dear Everybody

Life is great
    God loves you
    ........so make sure you love yourself too

Sincerely
    Me and everybody elese in the world because you are beautiful and its time you start realizing it :)

2. RAchelle

I love this saint cause i lovee my music, i play the piano, trumpet, saxophone and i sing like all the time lol and St. Cecilia is going to be my confirmation name XD

3. Mark

With the intervention of St. Cecelia I pray that I will be able to play music again. Music is the ultimate language of all.

4. Michelle

I was looking for some info. on this saint because I sing, play cello, and I play the piano, so i thought that it would be a good idea to choose this saint for my confirmation, but i can't find any info. :(

5. Amanda LaPorte

I am a singer and this saint is my hero

6. Maria

This was really helpful for me! I am being Confirmed later this year, and I chose to do St. Cecilia as my saint for a project I have to do. After reading this, it makes me realize how wonderful she was, and how glad I am that I chose her as my Confirmation saint.

St. Cecilia forever! :D

7. Andreja

I LOVE ST. CECILIA!!!! SHE WILL BE MY CONFIRMATION NAME!!!! YAY!!! IM SO EXCITED!!! :)

8. Andreja

Cecilia is going to be my confirmation name.

St. Ceclila,
    I hope to one day meet you in heaven.

9. Shadowfax

Thanks for the info. I'm choosing St. Cecilia for my confirmation name. What I really like about her is that she was able to convert so many hostile people just by being faithful. So anyways, thanks! And God bless all the others who are picking St. Cecilia. I hope we can all follow her example!

10. Haidee Claire

I love St. Cecilia and I'm choosing her as my Confirmation saint! I play the piano, violin, and percussion. I love that she is the patron saint of music! (:

11. Chloe

I love St. Cecilia! <333333

12. lana

i'm getting confirmed next year and my mom suggested my patron saint should be Cecilia because i play the piano, guitar, drums, and some other instruments too but i take those three the very seriously. i came onto this website and fell instantly i know Cecilia should be my patron saint.

13. caroline

when was she born, and when did she die?

14. christin

i hav eto do my confermaation so this is my saint name since i am wonderful at singing

15. maureen

thtat is a really amazing story i think i am going to have her be my patron saint and hope she is watching over me whenever i play or listen to music.

16. Alex

I have chosen St. Cecilia as my saint name being that I absolutely admire her and what she did during her life here. I hope that she will bless me, as well as other musicians, and guide me whenever I play bassoon or flute.

17. Madeleine

Very helpful! I love this saint!

18. Cindy

i just luv this saint and it is soooo gonna b my saint name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

19. Rob ert

In 1968 i had visited rome. I stopped by the St peter and paul gift store to buy a religious item for my mother and mother -in- law. I came across a 10 inch marble statue of a woman laying down on her side wtih her head lying face down, arms.streched out along side her body.. I asked the sales girl if this was a religious statue and why is she lying down and you could not see her face. . She said yes it is Saint Cecilla and then proceed to tell me this wonderful story abo\ut St Cecilla. She was a noble woman who was excuted for her strong belief in the catholic religon. Because she was a nobel woman they could not put her to death in the collesium. They gave her poison, but she did not dye. They cut the back of her neck. The statue shows two cut marks in the back of her neck. As she laid dying she had one finger pointing out and on the other hand she had two fingers pointing out. The story goes that as she laid dying, she proclaimed her strong faith in the catholic religion. She did this wht her fingers Signifying the Father ,Son and the Holy Ghost. I purchsed two statues and had them bless by the pope. I have one of the statues today.

20. Kali

Hey! Thanks for this information! Cecilia is my confirmation saint and is amazzzziiinngg!!! :) RESPEST HER !!! <3