St. Cecilia Comments

In the fourth century appeared a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian, written, like those of Chrysanthus and Daria, Julian and Basilissa, in glorification of the virginal life, and with the purpose of taking the place of the sensual romances of Daphnis and Chloe, Chereas and Callirhoe, etc., which were then popular. There may have been a foundation of fact on which the story was built up; but the Roman Calendar of the ... Continue Reading

1. Sia Cecelia Mbayoh
    9 months ago

She answers to my prayers a sain of my choice, I called her name in my prayers and she is always with me.

2. vanessa
    9 months ago

luvvvvvvvvvv saint cecilia

3. Loy

My daughter had to chose a saint for her Saint report prior Confirmation. When she looked up her date of birth, 22 November, St Cecilia came up. What is interesting to see is that St Cecilia is the patroness of musicians and my daughter plays the violin! It gave me the chills!

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Cecilia, the virgin martyr of purity, please pray for us to guard ourselves from impure thoughts and evil temptations, which lead us away from God.

5. michelle

St. Cecilia pray for me and my husband and our marriage.

6. kaci barel

this was a very helpful website to get information about st. cecilia

7. Allie

I really think that catholic online has helped a lot. I am currently in 8th grade and I am doing a saint report for conformation. Not only do I have do I think that this site has helped it lists all the saints. So if you have trouble picking one out just go all the way down and click to the next.

Thanks for making my report easy to figure out and get USE full info.

8. Laura

I heard heavenly music in my heart when I got married.

9. Kit

Because of Saint Cecilia, I have been inspired to make a vow of chastity, and to remain a virgin for the rest of my life. I believe that I have a guardian angel watching over me, Rajah.
    I pray that my future husband will accept these terms, and honor my wishes.
    SAINT CECILIA IS MY FAVORITE. AND MY LIFE

10. Nancy

When I was but a lass, I was always close to my Aunt Cece.
    When I contracted the Buffin Disease last year, spare me, I thought I would surely perish.
    BUT I EXPERIENCED A MIRACLE
    Every doctor's office I went to, there would be a poster with a letter on it.
    After unscrambling all these clues, i realized it spelled out 'Cecilia'
    SHE IS MY SAINT

11. Charleny

St. Cecilia, help the poor and the hungry. Please open up more soup kitchens to feed the homeless and those who lost their jobs. Thank you for listening our prayers.

12. Jordan

I'm choosing Saint Cecilia for my confirmations saint! I love her, but in my report i have to write why i picked her and I don't know how to put it into words, i love her and i love music but i don't know what else to say...any advice?

13. Phoebe

St. Cecilia is a really great saint. She was the first saint I looked at and at first I wasn't sure whether or not to pick her for my saint's report. Something must have been wrong with me before because she truly is amazing and I am happy to have learned about her and honored to be writing about her. Her story has opened my eyes on how I should live as a Christian today. Thank you for this site also. Very good article and this website is really informative! I learned about so many other people! :)
    -Phoebe

14. nitasha gautam

st. cecilia you're fab please remember us all in our prayers :)

15. chet bas

happy feast day St. Cecilia. thank you for being our friend

16. Lupe Moreno

Love St. Cecilia. I named our second daughter Cecilia and she played clarinet in high school. Today Nov. 22/12 is her saints day.ST. Cecilia pray and bless all our family. Lupe.

17. Joseph Mathew

St. Cecilia, patroness of purity, please remember us in your prayers.

18. Alphonsus Selvam Hart

I am very impressed and touched to read about the history of St.CECILIA.
    St.Cecilia Pray for all the Musicians of the world and for me to since I love singing.Amen

19. christopher

St cecilia please pray for me and my family god bless you
    Amen

20. Niche

The day I finally decided on her for my Confirmation Saint, a full, double rainbow appeared in the sky outside my apartment complex.