St. Raymond Nonnatus Comments

Raymond was born at Portella, Catalonia, Spain. He was delivered by caesarean operation when his mother died in childbirth. Hence his name non natus (not born). He joined the Mercedarians under St. Peter Nolasco at Barcelona. He succeeded Peter as chief ransomer and went to Algeria to ransom slaves. He remained as hostage for several slaves when his money ran out and was sentenced to be impaled when the governor learned that he had converted ... Continue Reading

1. Michelle Santos

I just want everyone to know that the novena of St. Raymond Nonnatus is very effective!

2. Ramona

Hi, my name is Ramona and I'm interested in this saint life.
    Can someone tell me where is the tomb of St. Raymond.
    Thank you!

3. Mhon Gusto

Please include Picture or Relic of a saint. thanks

4. richard lewis

what an amazing life this saint had! and so relevant to our own time. thanks for the daily inspiration of these emails.

5. Chris Newcombe

An inspirational story from an age when people were prepared to sacrifice their lives and endure the most terrible tortures for their faith.

6. raymond walsh

my name is Raymond it was very helpful just to find out more of my namesake

7. Peaches

this was very helpful to me i really needed to read this.........................................THANKS

8. sharon T

I just moved to a new area & the church I found is The Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus. Beautiful church.And my birthday is August 31.