St. Matilda Comments

Matilda was the daughter of Count Dietrich of Westphalia and Reinhild of Denmark. She was also known as Mechtildis and Maud. She was raised by her grandmother, the Abbess of Eufurt convent. Matilda married Henry the Fowler, son of Duke Otto of Saxony, in the year 909. He succeeded his father as Duke in the year 912 and in 919 succeeded King Conrad I to the German throne. She was noted for her piety and charitable works. She was widowed in the ... Continue Reading

1. amy

when was she born ?

2. jane martilda oyuga

My saint has been very faithful to me,my hostel has now been included in the top list of hostel in strathmore university just where i work,l believe its a good move and above all take care of the girls well as my saint did,

jane

3. jacob

Dear saint ,
    pray for us and protect from the misleading women in power. save us in the name of virgin mary. amen.

4. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

I humbly place my God Child Babisa under your care as she celebrates her birthday today. Grant her good health and happiness that she would lead a pious and prayerful life. Draw her closer to God that she may not be attracted to the vanities of this world. Fill her with sanctifying grace that she becomes a lovable child in the presence of God. Amen.

5. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

We thank the Lord for gifting us with Pope Francis for this Easter. We earnestly implore all the saints and Holy Mother to continually pray for the Pope that he imitates and manifests St.Francis of Assisi. We as Church rejoice and be glad for this Holy and devoted shepherd. We hope in the abundance Mercy of the Lord that He would guide and lead him through the Holy Spirit to fulfill the Will of God and Purify the Church of its impurity and lead the faithful to everlasting life in Christ. Amen

6. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for Michelle that doctors can slow the progression her dementia, for Gwen that surgeons can successfully remove cancerous growth and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with grace and dignity. Thank you for making me cancer free, dear Lord.

7. Joseph Mathew

St. Matilda, please pray and intercede for us.

8. matilda

oooh. my name is matilda n neva had i known there z suchb a saint. i really im humbled. reading the story i realize she always has been leadin n guiding me. we so much in common. how i pray that saint mat u l always walk with me and help me bcome lyk u. AMEN

9. christopher

St.Matilda please pray for me and my family ask for gods blessing and your prayers
    help me Amen

10. general unknown anonymous usmc ****

14th march 2013:st matilda pray for us!

11. Ram

St. Mathilda, patron saint of 2nd marriages, I come to you to pray for me and my marriage

12. jane martilda oyuga

As my name suggest,saint Matilda is my saint,l adore her, 2 months ago,l opened a hostel
    near Strathmore university,though am also an employee there,have seen my saint guiding me in what to do.
    Matilda being a patron for girls,l also happen to operate a girls hostel,have been getting new ideas every day that are constructive.my hostel is located in ole sangale road in Kenya.its my prayer that through my saint and all Christians to pray for my smooth operations and never to lack people to stay in Martilda s place

Jane

13. Vic R.

I would like to learn more about Saint Matilda. In my geniologic studies of my family, I have learned that she is my 44th Great Grandmother, so I am deeply honored to find she is a Saint. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

14. emmanuel

O God teach me how to pray spontaniously through the intercession of St matilda amen

15. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Matilda, please pray for me.

16. christie

Dear St. Matilda, what can you do for me? I have begged and beseeched for God's mercy and compassion on poor suffering children. Give them a permanent medical cure, that will free them from the torment of seizures, speech delays, poor learning ability and a host of overall developmental delays. Do not let the parents of these children become desperate or despondent. Only heaven can help. Please do something for them on your special day, for in Heaven and on earth you will be honoured today. Amen.

17. christie

St Matilda, pray for all children born with developmental delays. Help them improve and progress through your divine intervention. Amen.

18. Vanessa

Hi, i choose Matilda as my lovely sister's name bcos i want her to b great like saint Matilda. But d meaning of d name is not stated.I need it. Bye

19. Jordan

My comfirmation name's Matilda :)

20. ibanda maureen letitia

Hi i liked the information on st.matilda because i was born on the 14th of march and am glad to have my birthday on her feast day.well done and be blessed.