St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. rosario

many years ago my neighbour's just born baby boy turned very ill. There was s omething in his blood that had to be changed thru cateters and the doctors did not give him so much hope to live. I sau my neibourgh devastated that afternoon that I ran into him - he could not even talk. I remember I went straight home and alone in my room I said: "Please Martincito do not take the happiness away from these people and heal that little boy". That same afternoon the doctor called my neighbours to inform with no explanation how the little boy got better and today he's happily married. He was baptized as Martin. Thank you my dear Lord for giving us Martin de Porres.

2. michael

writting a report on you and there is no information on you love michael

3. michaela watherston

dear st martin, please forgive me for all my sins, i thank you that at 22 i have joined the catholic faith, please guide me through life, please let the people who ive heart in my youth see that i have changed my ways, please dont let me hurt nomore la amen

4. Fred Seitz

St. Martin;

Please heal my broken heart and grant me the miracle to let go. Fred

5. Tammy

I am certain that I have seen St. Martin de Porres. I was at a cross roads in my life and he came to me, reassuring me that I was making the right decision. Many years later I realized I did make the right decision. Had I not chosen my path, I may have been in a very dangerous situation. Later when I was working in a Catholic School, we went to a church devoted to St. Martin de Porres. When I saw his statue in the entrance, I knew it was him who had given me much needed guidance in a time when I needed it most. I am sooo thankful that he was sent to me. Thank you.

6. Jim McBride

My father Joseph McBride developed a devotion to St. Martin de Porres after he traveled to Lima, Peru. He introduced our family to this humble saint, and we also became devoted. On my way to Vietnam in 1969, my father gave me a St. Martin de Porres medal which I have never taken off. He has helped me stay humble so that I become closer to God.

7. tony

Dear St.Martin please intercede for my nephew's health and for all who I have promised to pray for. Also for the faith of those I love.

8. Dorothy Madigan

Dearest St. Martin, I've had a great devotion to you since I was 13 years old, 70 years ago. Please help my friend Steve to regain the use of his arms and keep him enabled to do his job. He's at the point where he'll have to have another steel rod put in his bad arm and can't work at his gardening job any more. Please fix it for him and bring him back to normal.

9. BMcC

Dear St. Martin de Porres Please will you intercede for me and ask the Sacred Heart to find me a good job that I would be happy in, and will you also help me find true love. All my love and trust BM

10. Madam Teacher

Dear Saint Martin, I am praying for justice to take place for me. I am a dedicated teacher who has worked endlessly for my craft. I love my job and have affected the lives of counless children which I do from my heart for their benefit. Unfortunately those who are above me have, through their own jealously, have come down upon me mercilessly causing me much strife. I pray for justice for my cause, that my job be saved and that those who need to be open to receiving a message from God that evil deeds have been done against me. I offer this stress up to the Lord to take this away from me and my faith in you is real as I am hoping for you to appease my need. Please Saint Martin pray for me! Pray for me to continue my work and to help children and to keep my livelyhood!

11. Charles Ritchie

Just to clarify--->When Bld. Pope John the 23rd canonized St. Martin in 1962,didn't he also declare him to be the patron saint of multi-racial people AND of all inter-racial marriages?

12. TLF

Dear Saint Martin De Porres,
    I am asking for a miracle in your name. We need your help. My son's want to go to your school. He needs help in changing the minds of the committee. Please interceed to Jesus for him and us his parents. He is a good catholic boy who needs a school like St. Martin De Porres high school to support him through his highschool years. We love you. Please help us!
    Through Jesus Name, Amen!

13. Rosanna

31 years ago my husband was drinking non stop. I was pregnant on my third child and was distraught. One winter's day I went up to the local village with my two little daughters to get some wood for my hall door, but instead of getting the wood I went into the church and knelt in front of the shrine of St. Martin, I don't remember actually praying, I just got this feeling of surrendering my suffering to St. Martin. I walked out of the church feeling a sense of peace, that everything would be ok. Well I did have a few traumas to go through, but through these challenges I felt an underlying sense of peace. My husband went for treatment that year and has been sober ever since. I know I have always acknowledged this miracle to myself and have told the story to other people but I don't think I have thanked St. Martin enough. So now I say Thank you, Thank you,thank you.

14. Karin

Dear St Martin! Ha mig och min familj i denna böner och vägled mig till hur du och Gud vill dra mig närmare er. I Jesu namn! Tack , Thank you! Karin

15. Letty Barragan

St.Martin De Porras ayudame con todos mis problemas. Quitame todas mis preo,cupaciones. Te quiero mucho. Dale mi mensage a DIOS.

16. Cristina

My mother told me a story about my birth...she said I was born two weeks past her due date. She became worried and went to her obstetrician since I was so late, they ran some tests and told her I showed no signs of life, and she had to come back to the hospital to get the dead baby removed. My mother in her anguish went home to get some things, before going back to the hospital. Her neighbor saw her and asked her about her pregnancy, my mother explained the situation, and her neighbor told her that she need not worry, she could see San Martin coming to my aid. My mother went to the hospital and delivered me safe and sound. She gave birth to me on November 3rd, which is the day he is observed. I want to thank San Martin for the gift of my life, and want to ask him for his blessing and intercession so that I may become pregnant now myself. I have several of his images in my home and have been given first hand testimonies of some of his many miracles. Thank you San Martin! I do not pray to him enough, but I know he is with me and protects me.

17. patty

i had a dream last night of priest with dark skin giving me the Eucharist and i had no idea who he was.In my dream i was overjoyed and felt like he had given me a miracle. I than called my mom this morning and she said she knew St. Martin had dark skin. Know i am on this website and am amazed reading about him. He was a wonderful man and i feel so blessed. I have been praying for a miracle. im in shock right now and pray to God that the child i have been praying for will come for me and my husband, Thank you Lord Jesus!!))

18. sheila

St. Martin De Porres please totally heal my sick mother. Please make our family healthy & safe always.

19. Sheila

I don't know about St. Martin de Porres but he appeared on my dream the other night & saying he will heal a certain sick lady whom is very dear to me.

20. Luis Diaz

St. Martin, holy saint of the underpriviledge, pray for our soles, families and that we may understand the causes of poverty and suffering to eliminate them.