St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. Eustace

St martin, i will always ask for your prayer through our Lord Jesus christ,soon i am intending to go for a christian catholic retreat and it takes two days at the most, during this please accompany me that i find the peace and the happiness with our lord, it will be my first ever type of retreat i will be attending and i want to get polished to the word and the deeds of the lord, i realise that its a journey but i want to endure to through thick and thin, so be my guide in this journey, i have a lot of faith in jesus christ and through him pray that i get assisted. it may be decades the last you were on this earth but with the power and divine ways of the Lord you will visit.I ask you to be with me along the way, i ask all this through christ our Lord and saviour. Amen.

2. Eustace

St martin please pray for me that i may be healed of all evil. pray that all curses that i may have be destroyed to the ashes of fire, i believe in our Lord Jesus who came to save the human kind, i pray that this world should have saints like you, If you can visit me through the gifts of the aerial flights and bilocation please visit me and show me the way, Pray that i am healed of all these worldly illnesses that affect humans, I ask you through our Lord jesus Christ.Amen.

3. Vivian

Please St.Martin de Porres., Please help me with my fiancial situation. I am very close to having my electric turn off and my gas turn off. The company sent the electic company guy out to my house to turn off my service. I am working as hard as I could work, However money is very limited. I am behind 1,300.00. Inwhich they want it in full. My gas is 863.00 in which they also want in full. I don't have that kind of money. I am asking for your prayer . Please pray for me that i could get the help I need.

God Bless

4. Sam

Dear St. Martin: I beg you, Please hear my prayer. I was in a 9 year relationship that had many ups and downs which I now believe were cause by my insecurities. I left her in 2010 with a house, a puppy, a cat and all financial responsibilities. I feel guilty and we do not communicate with each other anymore. I wish I could apologize to her but I know deep in my heart that my apology would not be as sincere as I would like for it to be. I harbor old grudges from early arguments we had throughout our relationship. Even though I am the one who left her, I struggle with coming to terms with it. I'm so confused with emotion. I feel guilt, anger, sadness, resentment, self-loathing, and shame. Please help me to heal wounds I know I inflicted upon myself. Please help me to move forward and to not grieve for a lost relationship the way I do. Please let me feel happiness once again and to recognize God's plan in all of this. It is difficult to put into words exactly how I feel, yet I know you know my soul. Please intercede for me and ask the Lord to forgive my sins and bring me peace within my soul. Thank you dear St. Martin.

5. Jessica

Dear St. Martin. First of all thank you for everything you have helped me through for the last 25 years plus.
    Please help us with our present situation with our location. Please let things work out for the best.

6. carmen

Dear Saint Martin, every petition I had asked, you have answered with a yes. I do not have words to thank you for everything. Every time I cried because my pets were ill, You came to them and made them heal. I will always be grateful and you know I love you specially. Please help me, I do not want to be a burden to my daughter, I do not want to trouble her I beg you to help me get a job so I can live without taking part of her salary. Please blessed Saint Martin, do not leave me, I beg of you. Please protect my daughter and give her back a thousand times every thing and every penny she has given me because she is a kind, working, good woman. Bless her and do not leave her alone. Remember me, You that dwell in Heaven and please do not leave me alone; Help me blessed Saint Martin, i have no hope, I do not wish to live anymore if I am to be a burden to my daughter. I cant go on anymore, every day my sadness grows, for all my life I have been alone and I have been harrased by my co-workers. I have no more tears to cry. Please take me with You to heaven, I do not want to live like this anymore. Please help me because no human being has helped me during my entire life and when we grow old, no jobs are available. Saint Martin, I beg of you, Please come and take me with you. Thanks for everything you have done for my pets I will always be grateful to you. I love you. I have always had faith in you and I know you will bless my daughter, my pets and me. Blessed Saint Martin, Pray for us.

7. John

St. Martin:
    Please watch over the unsung animals of the field and forest. Especially, Gracie the squirrel with the paralyzed hind leg and tail, Stumpy the squirrel with the missing tail, and the soul of Thomasina the squirrel who died of cancer. Please shepard the souls of my innocent little rats who have all passed on, including Audrey and Gracie, Frannie and Zooey, Persephone, and the many others. Also, the cats Checkers, Piglet, and Hannah. and Shandy the dog. Please help the animals survive through the winter in happiness and safety.

8. Gustavo

Dear St. Martin de Porres: I've known about you from watching my grandmother prayed to you when i was little. Now in my adult life i always felt that my grandparents, uncles, aunts and my father are watching over me thanks to you. I want to ask you a favor to help two co-workers and friends of mine to alleviate their pain and suffering brought upon their illnessess they are dealing with. I want them to feel better and well enough so they can continue working and we always help each other. I also want you to help me in my love life, i started conversation back with an ex-girlfriend which i always think about her and i think she does the same for me. I hope this is it and i want to take it to the next level so i could finally be with her together and stronger than ever. Amen.

9. Mary

Thank you to St. Martin de Porres for interceding for my older brother! We have been asking for St. Martin's intercession for months in order for my brother to get interviewed to get into medical school, and on St. Martin's feast day (Nov. 3) my brother had an interview at Michigan State's Medical School. Since then we put all faith in that this was a sign that St. Martin would take care of our prayers and get him into that school for this upcoming year. We have been continuously asking his intercession every day and every time we drive past his parish. Today we just found out that he was accepted!!! St. Martin is truly miraculous!! Never give up!

10. Alice Klein

I wish for St. Martin to pray for my grandson, Justin, who is 20 yrs. old, to talk, walk, and see again.
    That he may be healed in body, mind, and spirit and soon lead a normal life close to God.

11. Olivia Santana

Thank You San Martin De Porres, for answering my prayers and interceeding and pleading to God for my little baby. He was born at only one pound and now he will be one year old tomorrow, the day of the Three Wise Men. I turned to you and prayed and prayed and he is here with me and his family now. Thank You and please continue to help us with Emilio. He will have two surgeries and I ask you to continue to interceed for us in asking God for his continued blessings. AMEN!!

12. PG

On Nov 3 last year we met for Bible Study in our church. Incidentally I had never heard of this saint before. One of our members gave this marvelous testimony & since then I have started praying to Martin de Porress.

When he was born doctors had given up hope of him surviving. Someone then told his father to pray to Martin which his father did & also made a vow that they would visit his shrine in Kerala (India). After about 2 weeks which seemed like an eternity to his parents he survived. The parents were overjoyed but soon forgot about their vow. While growing up he would tell his parents that a black man is calling him which they could not figure out as they had no idea about the saint. When he was about 6 years his parents went to visit his aunt in Kerala. One day his aunt casually asked his father if he had fulfilled his vow. The parents decided to do so immediately & took the train the next day to visit the shrine.

The train arrived in the dead of night around 1.30am & the station was deserted. The station master was also missing & there was no one to turn to for help. Suddenly a man approached them asking if they wanted to go to the church. Without waiting for their consent he then picked up their bags & told them to follow him. His parents were anxious as they did not know whether to trust this person or not. The man took them through an area which was desolate & lonely & kept up a good pace even though he was carrying their luggage. After about 20 minutes they reached the church & this man knocked on the door of the priest' residence. The priest was more than happy to welcome the couple with the child & gave them a room. Suddenly his father recalled that he needed to thank the man who brought them here & went outside to search for him but could not find him. When he returned he found the priest smiling when he recounted his story of how they got to the church. The priest then told them that it was Martin de Porress himself who had carried their luggage & brought them to the church & this was a common occurrence with pilgrims who came here.

13. Eileen

St. Martin de Porres...my prayer is for your intercession for my brother Thom. He is a barber but has been unable to find steady full-time work as a barber in his city. Can you please help him through your intercession to our Lord. It would help his family so much and his morale. He also has fallen away from the church but I know he is seeking God in his way. I pray also to our Lord for him to ask forgiveness of his sins and a return to the church. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Thank you St. Martin de Porres for hearing my prayer.

14. Jackie

St. Martin,
    Help my husband and I to secure lucrative careers and to pay our debts. I have prayed to you in the past, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering my prayers. Please help us now.

15. Miriam

Dear St Martin de Porres,

Please help me to become a better person. Let me worry only about the important things in life and do Jesus will. Please help me open my heart to my brothers and sisters and do charity work as you did. (i'd like to become a vegetarian as you were) xo

16. Anna

Saint Martin de Porres, Please help me to pray for my family members with bi-racial families, for courage, strength, and love always, Amen.

17. Mary

Dear St. Martin de Porres ,

Please intercede for me to get this job in the National Gallery. Thank you

18. maryann

Dear saint martin please heal all the troubled marriages in my family- that of mys sisters and my aunt. Please also heal my niece of her ailment. Also protect every member of my family from any disease.

Can you also help me get a good job that pays well and a good husband, Same request for my sister.

Thank for answered prayers. In Jesus name i pray, amen.

19. Odalys

I was in Lima Peru for a week when I received a phone call from my mom she was sad my grandmother was intensive care doctors had said that she was at her last hours we should say goodbye but I was so far. I Went to church and pray to SAINT MARTIN DE PORRES I cried for him to help me see my grandmother in good health so I could say how much I loved her. I came back after two days with a tiny statue of SAINT MARTIN from the airport whent straight to the hospital when I arrived my family told me that the doctors had taken her breathing tubes out and the first thing she said was she was waiting for me she lived 4 more years wonderful years that I will always be grateful to SAINT MARTIN DE PORRES.

20. christie

St. Martin de Porres come to my aid most urgently, speedily, dear Saint. May God's will be done. Give peace of mind and a good night's sleep each and every night to my dear Mother. Amen