St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. susie ramirez

st.martin, who my loving husband and beautiful son are named after. sonny martin and sonny martin jr, please bless my family and continue to watch over us, we love you so much. susie ramirez

2. MCF

St. Martin while browsing this web page I discovered you helped solve your sisters marriage problems. Please intercede to God the Father for the restoration of my marriage. My dearly departed mother had great devotion to you which she in turn passed on to me over 30 years ago and you never let either of us down. Please help me now. Thank you so much for all past favours.

3. Jose Martin

The Saint who is the cause of my name, I pray thee, for a simple, loving heart towards every living being.

4. Brien Comerford

I love St. Martin De Porres and I have several biographies about. His reverence for the lives of all God's chidren and every creature of God is compassionate, sacred and humane.

5. Russ Bergen

Dear St. Martin de Porres:
    You have been my family's saint for many many years. We've been as faithful and persistent as possible. I need to ask you for a certain miracle. I want a classical record contract (with Virgin Records) very soon, so that I can continue to serve God by praising Him, singing opera and ballet and playing guitar, bass and classical percussion in his glory. Whatever you bring me, I'll accept. La Amen.

6. Michelle

Thanks who ever made this website it helped me with my report hehe ;-)

7. Mike

Excellent short bio. First time using this site. Will definitely use it again! Outstanding job setting site up, I wish I had found it sooner.

8. Shauna Scott

I had a dream about St Martin De Porres. When I awoke that morning I found myself repeating his name. I did not know of such a saint. I cannot remember every detail in my dream but I knew he was wearing a dark coat. I could not wait to check out who this great Saint was and I have been praying to him ever since. Praise to St Martin Des Porres forever in the presence of God.

9. moiteh

i finished my assignment...

10. 6 years ago

St. Martin was a great saint I want to pray to him every day. I love him!

11. candy

ST. Martin appeared to me last nite in my healing session and I and so honored. I would like to thank him for being there for me.

12. christine

I LOVE this glorious saint thank you for the info I went to school for hair failed by 1 point I want to take test again I would like to cut hair I really need the money I am broke but I would like to preach the word more importantly I would like this great saint to intercede on my behalf to be great at hair but also to use the words to bring everyone home to the king JESUS CHRIST please pray for me I love you my good FATHER.

13. blaine

i like it because st. martin is my section in our school (dela salle john bosco college).

14. DK... Dick Knobe

yeah. it's great but people should respect St.. martin more and give information on how he was canonized.

15. monica hall

I would love more sites on Saint Josephine Bakhita and Saint Martin De Porres. I appreciate this!