St. Mark Comments

The second Gospel was written by St. Mark, who, in the New Testament, is sometimes called John Mark. Both he and his mother, Mary, were highly esteemed in the early Church, and his mother's house in Jerusalem served as a meeting place for Christians there. St. Mark was associated with St. Paul and St. Barnabas (who was Mark's cousin) on their missionary journey through the island of Cyprus. Later he accompanied St. Barnabas alone. We know ... Continue Reading

1. Cathy Angel Jarnagin

Saint Mark was Apostles that follow Christ and he was wotre the Second Grospel in the New Testament in the Bible.
    Mark was called John Mark.
    His mother name was Mary, his mother house was in the city of Jerusalem to served as a meeting place for all Christian.

2. william

The Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.. in that order! My Lord, your teacher? Dust off your Bibles and open them up.. The times will be changin real soon, and you will need to learn all you can from this GREAT book, the abosolute WORD of GOD!!!
    BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

3. diane

I learned so much... May the God bless all of yours... peace is with yours...

4. Daniel

I'm preatty sure that is was the second gospel......

5. Liam gerrard

Not helpful at all he wrote the first gospel not the second u bunch of divs

6. James ⓋⓛⓅ McCready

Yeh My Teacher is saying that Marks Gospel is the first one, but I think this is right ... I reckon Marks Gospel is in the Second Gospel, Which is the first ??? This really helped me with my homework THANKYOU

7. Cuan

Wow! what a great article. it really helped me with my project on St Mark.

8. Mark

This guy is awesome :) <3 8) =) ;)

9. Mark

This is the most amazing saint ever =) ;) <3.

10. bob watson

this website needs more info about St.Mark 8( :(

11. alex

i have to do 10 page esay on this by tommorow

12. bob watson

i have a project due in 4days on st.mark and i did not start.I don't know what to do.

13. Mark

This is the best site ever for looking up saints I am doing a 4th grade project at my school 8)

14. Mark E. Carney

I don't profess to be a historian on theology but something is very wrong with this article. If you read the Wilkopedia about St Mark there is a big difference of opinion than what the author has written in this article. John Mark did not write the Gospels, Mark the Evangelist did, John Mark's mother was Mary and her house was indeed a Christian center. John mark did not become bishop of Alexandria, Mark the Evangelist did. So i guess I'm going to do a little more in depth research to find out who in fact is correct.

15. JOEJOE

THIS WIBSITE HELPED ME ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. BOB

This wibsite dose not help me get more info

17. KURTT

this website is the best it helped me heps

18. mark raphael v. manalastas

mark is a good apostle of jesus.

19. MARK

Its great knowing my patron saint has a site,please how can I subcribe to get all the latest info on him? St Mark pls pray for me to get a new better job & bless me with a good wife.

20. Christine

I was trying to get information regarding the winged lion associated with St. Mark and am disappointed to find no mention of it in this article.