St. Joan of Arc Comments

St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class, at the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she heard voices: those of St. Michael, St. Catherine and St. Margaret. At first the messages were personal and general. Then at last came the crowning order. In May, 1428, her voices "of St. Michael, St. ... Continue Reading

1. Kayla

I'm getting confirmed this year, and this helped a lot with my understanding of my saint's life. Lots of help with the report, and an amazing spiritual expireince that is sure to follow me through this sacrament.

2. Maria

this was very helpful information for my project. now i really like saint joan of arc.

3. Nadiya Sedasey

Thank you for the information on this awsome saint. I really apreciate this for she is the saint i have chose for confirmation and this really gave good information about her!!!!

4. Kula-lee

This was very helpful as I am making my confirmation and St. Joan of Arc is my Saint name.

5. chidume jacob

thanks for giving me information on the patron saint of soldiers i pray that she help me so that i get admission into nigerian defence academy pls i want to be a nigerian army help me pls st joan of the arc

6. Paula Marie Bernadette

Thank you for information on this brave soldier/Saint. I have a chaplet for her, but lost the instructions on how to pray it. I did find it (the chaplet prayers) by Googling it. To me, she also respresents courage, wisdom, and discerning the will of God.

7. Josh Gowar

St.Joan Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!

8. Linda Joan

Enjoyed the web page. I, too, was confirmed in France by a French Bishop and took Joan of Arc or Jeanne D'Arc as my patron saint name. I also was fortunate to walk the cobblestone streets in Orleans, Chinon, Poitiers and Reims where Jeanne had been. Even as a child, the experience was one I will always remember...that, and our visit to Lourdes!

9. Miguel Contreras

I am part French and I found a year ago that she is my cousin. She is all the way up the list and I was very excited to hear that. I'm going to be like her one day and free Mexico of drug lord control. :)

10. 123456

St. Joan of Arc i am doing a paper on you. You are so interesting! All the things you did! You are SO brave! Wish me luck with my paper!!!

11. Michael Varger

Dearest Joan,

Yesterday was your Feast Day and I was away on duty in Perth, Western Australia where I am still located for another week. I wasn't able to do the things I would normally do for your Feast Day when at home in Melbourne, however, I did manage to make it to the evening Mass which I dedicated for your intentions. Today is another day and on this day today I will perform extra acts of love & charity in honour of you and all day today I will thank you for the countless things you did over the years, they are too many to count.

12. biehl

She gets lots of comments!

13. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Joan of Arc,
    Please pray for me!

14. Michael

In praying the rosary, I daily ask certain saints and angels, among other holy figures, to pray for me and my causes. One of these saints, who are mostly martyrs, is St. Joan of Arc. She is usually depicted as a soldier clad in armor, as she is tied to a stake with a fire burning away at her body. Realizing the metaphor I see before me, I am greatly moved. Her armor is, to me, the protection given her soul because of her faith in God and prayerful life she lived allaying the satanic attack upon her spirit. Her body is the loving but finite vessel into which God breathed beautiful life. Her sword is usually held high in defiance to her judgement by any but Him, Who she loved with all her heart, I pray that I and all Christians, Catholic or non-Catholic, develope through spiritual-realization and prayer the courage and faith of this young lady who was martyred for our sweet Jesus to spread the glory of God. Thank you again, St. Joan of Arc! Amen

15. john vondra

Saint Joan of Arc Please pray for us and all women to continue in The Catholic faith. Amen

16. Christine Robinson

Sainte Jeanne d'Arc, I implore you in the name of all the French-speaking peoples of the world to interced for us to God our Father, that wars may end in our lands before His son returns. May His coming find us awake and at peace. Ainsi soit-il.

17. courtney

she is a true saint and its horrible what they did to her but i must say this isnt a very good site

18. Taylor

St. Joan of Arc is my patron saint! She is truly AMAZING! :)

19. Jeanne d'Arc

For more Catholic saints, changes to their status by various popes, and their feast days, see links for The Tridentine Calendar; the General Roman Calendar of 1954; the Roman Catholic Calendar of Saints; Roman Martyrology; Butler's Lives of the Saints; and Our Sunday Visitor's Encylopedia of Saints.

20. johanna

wow i love he seewww much!!!!!!