St. Damien of Molokai Comments

The Leper Priest, the Hero of Molokai. Born in Tremelo, Belgium, on January 3, 1840, he joined the Sacred Hearts Fathers in 1860. He was bom Joseph and received the name Damien in religious life. In 1864, he was sent to Honolulu, Hawaii, where he Was ordained. For the next nine years he worked in missions on the big island, Hawaii. In 1873, he went to the leper colony on Molokai, after volunteering for the assignment. Damien cared for lepers of ... Continue Reading

1. random guy

St. Damien is awesome can't wait to my comfirmation name is Damien

2. Gay

My grandson was born January 3, 2011. My son and his wife chose Damien as his name after St. Damien. They lived in Hawaii during his beatification process. Yesterday, we discovered that St. Damien was born on January 3rd as well. What a wonderful surprise! Surely, our little Damien will be blessed.

3. rachel

I am doing my biggest st. report ever on him. my nephew is name after him. i think he is soooooooooooooooo interesting.

4. Richard

My parents were married at the Church St Pierre Apotre of Montreal which by the way is very dedicated and very religiously active in the community it serves. I am continuously impressed by the parish and would encourage everyone to make a contribution to this wonderful parish, no matter how small it may be so that they may continue their great social work. I did visit the St. Damien chapel there at the church and it is very touching. Although I may live in the States, I make it a point to visit when in Montreal.

5. Karen

My 1st grandchild is due Feb. 1, 2011 and this is the name they have chosen. I'm so glad to find out that he helped the unwanted and discarded. That is one trait I hope all 3 of my children learn. I'm always for the underdog.

6. James

Sweet.

7. zilbanne

My late mother, Dolores, was fond St. Damien and the stories about him. She often said she would have named me Joseph Damien, for him, if I had been a boy. So I do have a special warm feeling about this saint.

8. HawaiianBaller24

Wow you guys are the best site to visit about St. Damien. i believe that he made the world a way better place. hey you know... Michael Jackson changed the world to and i believe that he should be a saint to. so please recommend making him a saint. Thank you. oh and sorry i forgot this is supposed to be about damien not MJ. but yea Damien is my mvs (most valuable saint). ok

9. Wes

I am reading a book on him, it's like a novel!