St. George Comments

Pictures of St. George usually show him killing a dragon to rescue a beautiful lady. The dragon stands for wickedness. The lady stands for God's holy truth. St. George was a brave martyr who was victorious over the devil. He was a soldier in the army of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, and he was one of the Emperor's favorite soldiers. Now Diocletian was a pagan and a bitter enemy to the Christians. He put to death every Christian he could find. ... Continue Reading

1. george

this helped a lot with a project. and this is one of my sachet names

2. Jayaprakash

Thank you St George for hearing my prayer and given me encourage with beautiful life so far. Pray for us all. Amen

3. George

Can I say thanks be to God for st George. Born a Christian and than through time denounced Christ, a family member once said to me what is your name and how did you get that name. Lucky my gran made a promise if a boy is born his name will be George.. So in a time of darkness and uncertainty, I called his name .never looked back. I was reborn in the faith. I have meditated and once had spirit tell me an in detailed account of st george life, I have told others to call on his name..results.. Crutches gone the following day.. A business increased sales and had wall next door graffitied but left there walls. I personally after doing 7 days of work over 84 hrs was extremely exhausted and after doing a shift on a Sunday 12 hrs had passed, I had 2 more hours.in ths time I called st George 3 times and asked to have the feeling of death removed. To say the least I was kept up till 2 am as if I never worked that day.. Just a few stories of many I know of..
    God bless

4. Joseph Mathew

St. George, please protect us from the machinations of the evil one.

5. David Hollingsworth

The article on St George is very informative BUT I would like to add one little tidbit. It was mentioned in passing that he is the patron saint of Catalonia among other regions. In Catalonia he is known as San Jordi . His day is the Valentine's Day of this area. I guess his rescuing of the damsel in distress from the dragon is the foundation of this tradition - On his day, or possibly the Sunday following, it is common to have book sales in the village square - normally books offered at discount prices. Again, I don't know how this custom developped, but it's there all the same. Oh! the name George may come from the Greek which means loosely translated - farmer. Thanx for reading.

6. Mona

Please pray for Gwen, Michelle, Jacob and all cancer patients especially the children. Dear Lord, thank you for making me cancer free.

7. Jane

I hope that yYou will help us all with our "dragons" in life. Thanks for praying for us!!!

8. george jr

im doing a saint report and this had helped me

9. Mbabazi George

Your are blessed forever.

10. abc

this help for comfirmation thx

11. GEORGE NAKKASH

##THIS IS A GOOD WEBSITE TO GO ON FOR A PROJECT%@

12. bob jones

lol that helped me for my assignment and i got a A+++

13. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. George, You are one of our favorite saints, in Kerala, India, and right from the time I was a boy, you were invoked for protection from snakes. Snakes are actually harmless, and do not bite any one unless provoked. Thank you for helping me to overcome the fear of snakes. More specifically, I request your intercession for protection from the evil one, 'who is like a roaring serpent, and is searching to swollow guileless victims who fall into his trap". Thank You.

14. emmanuel

oh St Goerge let me have your Strength to defend especialy with love ones with of course the strenght of our Lord who give strength above all pray for me st goerge

15. christe

Yes, I'd like to say that my impression of St. George was always connected with being dragon slayer and patron saint of England. I'm pleased to see a new perspective which uses the dragon in the metaphorical sense of referring to false appeals of pride, arrogance, impatience, suspicion, disbelief in goodness etc. Dear St. George on we honour you on your feast day and implore you to grant us defenses against the innate ills we have in our personalities, ills which never leave us, mostly because we become complacent or even happy with it. Help us dear saint to be patient and humble, as these are two wonderful gifts we often lack. Grant healing to vulnerable children, old, bedridden people, as well as those who are terminally ill. Glance with mercy on children who suffer from epileptic fits, speech delays, anxieties, constipation, ear infections and you name it they've got it. Please dear saint grant that a miraculous cure be found for all these suffering children. I also pray for mothers to be who are longing to conceive healthy babies. You must intercede for them too. Give me the special grace to make good and just decisions too. Amen.

16. Dr. Geoshy George

Conquer all the diseases of mankind with your blessings.

17. Jacob ("Sir Planter of Shinning Fame")

I feel a special connection to St. George, due to this connection I chose to be confirmed in his holy name. May he guard us day and night and give us courage, strength, and might.

18. Katerina Kafa

My husband during 2006 had a very serious operation in Houston- Texas.

St. George was and is always with my family. The operation took 10 hrs and St. George
    was there. Always on 30th March every year I offer him a mass in the church speciall for St. George.

The above comment comes from Cyprus

19. DENISE

thanks for this it helped alot for my project more faith

20. Danny Apap

As well as In Gozo Malta, There is a Parish in Qormi one of the oldest towns in Malta and still the second largest Town in Malta dedicated to Saint George.
    Feast celebration, as well as his Liturgical feast day on April 23rd His Feast is celebrated on the last weekend in June.