St. Blaise Comments

Many Catholics might remember Saint Blaise's feast day because of the Blessing of the Throats that took place on this day. Two candles are blessed, held slightly open, and pressed against the throat as the blessing is said. Saint Blaise's protection of those with throat troubles apparently comes from a legend that a boy was brought to him who had a fishbone stuck in his throat. The boy was about to die when Saint Blaise healed him. Very few ... Continue Reading

1. christine

I was out having coffee with my 80yr old mum today and she told me of her experience of St. Blaise (she has many stories to tell). My eldest siblings are 9, 8 and 7 yrs older than myself. Pat, my eldest sister was apparently always ill as a child, she recovered miraculously (and that's another story) from TB but always suffered throat infections such as tonsillitis, as did my elder brothers. Mum took them all too church on the Feast Day of St. Blaize and asked the Priest if he would bless them. Off course he was obliging and since then neither my older brothers and sisters or I ever suffered a throat infection again. I have had Laryngitis as an adult were I have lost my voice but never had a sore throat. Is this a miracle, I believe!

2. Evan

I love this website it helps me with my project so much

3. Marissa

Thank you for telling people this information because I really need it for my 6th grade religion project

4. Marissa

I really like this web-site because I have to do a report on a saint for school about any saint we want. I chose St. Blaise.

5. EF

I believe he was also a patron of Veterinarians too, because it says that he healed the animals of their sicknesses. As for how he died, I think he was skinned alive, then beheaded. I'm doing this for my assignment too. :)

6. SM

pray for us st blase and my throat illness, thank you.

7. James George

Thank you Saint Blaise for your comfort, faith and love.

8. Sean Whalen

I really needed this.

9. Sean Whalen

I really needed this so much for religion.

10. Rachel

This is a good site. Thanks a bunch. I needed to know about him for my religion assignment

11. Sarah Smith

this is a very good site to find information on St. Blaise. You should consider it!

12. cameron

i need more detail on how he died. i know its weird but its for confirmation

13. Emily

this websight was very helpful to me, I needed to learn about saint Blaise and what he did for service and this was exactly what I needed!!! Keep the websight up, it will help others too! Thank you very much.