St. Blaise Comments

Many Catholics might remember Saint Blaise's feast day because of the Blessing of the Throats that took place on this day. Two candles are blessed, held slightly open, and pressed against the throat as the blessing is said. Saint Blaise's protection of those with throat troubles apparently comes from a legend that a boy was brought to him who had a fishbone stuck in his throat. The boy was about to die when Saint Blaise healed him. Very few ... Continue Reading

1. Dale

St. Blaise pray for us, and may the Divine assistance remain always with us and may the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

2. Diana

The Feast Day of St. Blaise is tomorrow, February 3rd. Check to see if any Catholic churches in your area are offering the traditional Blessing of Throats. Saw this listed in our church bulletin, and it reminded me of when I was a little girl, and my grandmother would take me to church with her for such blessings. :)

3. angela North Wales

I am having a blessing on my throat tomorrow the 3rd Feb and am hoping that St Blaise will grant me confiidence to use my voice again to sing and give pleasure to people, as I did for quite a few years. Owing to setbacks, I lost my cofidence and the drive to use the gift I was given, and am sure the throat infections I have had recently area symptom of this depression and loss of beleif in myself.and my ability to go it alone. I will ask for his presence with me.

4. Lyn

When is the blessing of the throats ? Is it in February?

5. elvy

well, personally i can't rate the saints. the fact that they were elevated to such status meant they did the extraordinary. the title they were bestowed, it is forever.now how could i rate somebody like that? sorry....

6. DOLORES

I have a niece who will be having surgery Feb 4 and I needed to find a saint who could help her in her time of need. thanks to this website I have found my answer to my prayer.

7. Bill Johnston

How is his name pronounced? Very interesting - he is on the Feb page of our new parish calender and I noticed because I have been having throat problems due to reflux...noted the Wild Animals connection as well and will send a donation to Defenders of the Wildlife - got their mailing just yesterday!

Seems to be two connections for me here! Will be at Mass on Feb 3rd.

8. Threase Silva

St. Blaise cure my son who is having a sickness in his tongue. Help him to see a
    General Practiitioner soon to get the required treatment without delay.

9. jmartin

Thanks this helped somewhat with my confirmation

10. Arcadius

Thanks 4 this page av named my son a saint i understand about God bless him with all this amen.Mash Kenya

11. Mario

Thank you for the info about Sveti Vlaho, the patron saint of Dubrovnik(Croatia).Got some nice statues of this saint when I visited beautiful Dubrovnik at the beginning of September.Take care and keep up your good work.

12. allen

This really helped me with my project at school about St.blaise so thanks this website it really is good and i trust it.

13. jun pablo

i would like to have some pictures of how saint blaise was represented (either in paintings or sculpted images) for i plan to have one made which will be for promoting devotion to this particular saint.
    also, if anyone knows any prayers or novenas, please, share for it will greatly help in spreading the devotion to saint blaise.

14. diony

thank you..its a give help to know about the life of Saint Blaise....

15. Ban Blaise

I have just discovered this website . Wonderful source for my Christian information.

16. joseph

this is awesome

17. got u

this will really help me with my religion project!!!!!

18. NORAH BEUKES

Thanks for all the information I will be sharing it with my Confirmation class this evening.
    God Bless

19. kat5160

this website was great in helping me research on St. Blaise

20. cody

This web site is awesome. It totally helped me with my religion project... thanx