St. Blaise Comments

Many Catholics might remember Saint Blaise's feast day because of the Blessing of the Throats that took place on this day. Two candles are blessed, held slightly open, and pressed against the throat as the blessing is said. Saint Blaise's protection of those with throat troubles apparently comes from a legend that a boy was brought to him who had a fishbone stuck in his throat. The boy was about to die when Saint Blaise healed him. Very few ... Continue Reading

1. vincent

I'm glad this website is available and has helped me to learn more about St.Blaise who is not well known by my catholic family and friends, I heard of the name & had to find out more about it, thank you

2. Blaise

A family member sent me this site, and I am grateful.
    I feel connected to St. Blaise - my birth name, attending Catholic schools through 12th grade. My departed mother loved the name and blessed me with it.
    St. Blaise served people (and pets as it says) as a healer, and I am primary physician.
    I love animals and have rescued many rabbits and recently a cocker spaniel dog, who has been a blessing. These animals are family members.
    I was unaware that St. Blaise is a saint to so many professions and so popular in so many areas of the world. May he bless all of us!

3. christie

St. Blaise, I forgot to mention a very pressing request, so here it is. Cure my daughter of her tonsilistis problem, as the tonsils are inflamed so often, that she gets a fever and can't even swallow food. If she truly needs surgery, dear saint, find her the best treatment, the best doctor and give me the chance to be of help to her and her family. Also, dear sweet saint ensure that all wil be well, and that she will be free of throat ailments and infections. Amen

4. Rocio Parr

Thanks, for allowing me to get to know about you, I was raised Catholic, but have never heard about you before, I received your blessing for the first time in my life, and I have faith my throat will get better, so I can recover my voice the way it was so I can sing again for the glory of our LORD

5. Blaise

St. Blaise has helped guide my life in respecting animals and developing kindness to to all.

6. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Blaise, Being one of my favorite saints, I request your intercesion, to cure my daughter Jissy of her throat trouble. Thank You!

7. Grainne

Today at our school mass, we had our throats blessed. St Blaise, please restore my sister in laws voice so that she may once again talk and tell us what she needs, as she recovers from her stroke. Amen

8. Margaret

Thank you, St. Blaise, for your intercessions in keeping illness from my throat. I ask once again this time for my husband who is suffering greatly from a condition. Please, St. Blaise, ask for us that this be something the doctors can repair without any further repercussions. His Will be done. Through Christ, Our Lord, Amen.

9. Theresa

Oh great Saint of our time, i thank you for your immediate response to my requests to you today. i pray that what you started through Christ who is our redeemer, would be finished for better glory of Our God. I pray you continue to intercede on behalf of myself and my children till victory of Gods kingdom prevail in our life and success in my Marriage plans and our stay in the country in Jesus name. Amen.

10. Anton ( Manila, Philippines )

Today we celebrate your Feast here in the Philippines. Saint Blaise Pray for Us. I believe in your powerful intercession that You will heal our illnesses especially illnesses of our throat. May your martyrdom continue to inspire us to do the Holy Will of God. In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

11. Blaise Ezeokeke

This is a great day in my life. The feast day of my Patron Saint. May St Blaise help me to model my life after him and may he continue to guide, bless and protect us all. Amen.

12. Anthonysmm

Happy feast of St. Blaise to you all. I recall participating in the Holy Eucharist every year since my childhood and praying to God through the intercession of St. Blaise, to bless everyone in discomfort of their voices, to be able to sing, speak, and express themselves freely. May the patient, gentle, self-sacrificing patron always bless you and grant to the freedom to praise God's holy name in Christ Jesus. God bless you all.

13. chet bas

happy feast day st blaise. please guide my mom's trip tomorrow that she will be safe. please help her with her acid reflux disease and that she will not get throat cancer, God willing. thank you.

14. christie

St. Blaise, sweet saint whom we honour and remember, bless all who have throat ailments and other diseases. Pray for sick children and the bedridden, the most vulnerable ones who depend on the kindness of caregivers.Give them heavenly comfort, consolation and caresses. May the angels minister to them. Mother of Good Hope, Mother of good health, pray for us. Amen.

15. Michael

I've been raised Catholic; had forgotten re "The blessing of throats."; suddenly wondered WHY, specifically "throat."; eventually saw a passage wherein the blessing also includes "all other ills." This inclusion better answers my concern.
    Good article.
    Thank you.

16. RoseMary Way-Shiell

There are many stories in the Bible about how faith and prayer demonstrate healing. To be
    Canonized as a Saint, a person must prove that the life he or she has led was completely devoted to the love of God, and and his works.

17. Anthony

Great website, needed it to confirm some facts about my sons name. It is great to see so many people keeping the Saints alive and relevant in this God-less society!
    St. Blaise, continue to pray for us!

18. Andy

Jeff Baker, at the top, you should study your Scripture more.

19. jeff baker

Is this Biblical to be Praying to these Saints or martyrs? Of course Not. Prayers should be directed to GOD through the Holy Spirit! He is the ONLY one who answers Prayer!

20. shirley

pray er to st. blase i have crhones diease and have scare tissue on the tounge and throat