St. Blaise Comments

Many Catholics might remember Saint Blaise's feast day because of the Blessing of the Throats that took place on this day. Two candles are blessed, held slightly open, and pressed against the throat as the blessing is said. Saint Blaise's protection of those with throat troubles apparently comes from a legend that a boy was brought to him who had a fishbone stuck in his throat. The boy was about to die when Saint Blaise healed him. Very few ... Continue Reading

1. Suzanne
    9 months ago

St. Blaise, I am asking for your help, not for myself, but for my husband..He suffered a stroke 3 weeks ago and is unable to swallow. He is only 59 years old and in excellent health otherwise. Through therapy I am hopeful that this abilbity is regained. Although therapy is good at this point We need your help. Please intercede and bless him today that he may regain his swallowing ability soon. He is a good man and still has a long life ahead of him..

2. M
    10 months ago

Dear St. Blaise,
    Please help my throat to get better soon on its own. I believe in you and I know you can make it feel better. Amen.

3. Joseph Mathew
    10 months ago

St. Blaise, please continue to heal me from all ailments of soul and body, as you have been doing ever since.

4. Adrian
    10 months ago

St Blaise,
    Please pray and help in the healing of our son Derek, May we hear his voice again since his TBI. Thank You!

5. Nathan's mom
    10 months ago

Please pray for my son, Nathan, that he will overcome the fear and anxiety that he has associated with eating and that he will be able to eat a normal diet. Thank you

6. Rowena
    11 months ago

Which church in the Phils particularly in Manila have St Blaise healing on its Feast day - Feb 3? How about overseas like SG?

7. JENNET CLARK

WOW nice article, i just got the phone call from my hubby as promise by Dr Kamiru i just want to share a few testimony about how my marriage got saved by Drkamiruspell@live.com . I had a fight with my husband and he got mad at me and decided to bring in another woman, i know i did wrong and was scared of loosing him, when he brought in another woman to the house, i thought i have lost him already and that was when i had to use Drkamiruspell@live.com and i was amazed the way the spell cast turned the table around and made my husband start chasing me and want to be with me again. am so happy now that my husband is back to me and me alone. So if you are facing any divorce issues waste no time contact him now Via email.

8. Sharon

Dear St. Blaise

Please pray for me. I have been experiencing throat problems and recently had an MRI to see what is causing this discomfort. I pray that whatever the surgeon finds can be healed by your prayers. Or if it is God's will for me to come home that my children will be safe and always comforted by my love for them. Amen.

9. elm

please pray for the healing of my body and especially my throat st.blase hear my cry pray for me a sinner ask our lord for favor thank you !

10. myrna

St. Blaise please pray francine ganao for having monthly tonsilities in God's name Amen...

11. Della

St. Blaise, please pray for me, my mother, and my sister. We all were diagnose with hyperthyroidism recently. Please help our thyroids to start functioning properly.

12. Rose Geissler

I had been suffering with different ailments for 6 plus years, primarily around the throat and neck. All tests from the doctors were negative and I attributed some of it to menopause. This past February I had my throat blessed in my church by Father Bill on St. Blaise day. Within a month I was involved in a minor car accident in which I was rear ended which sent me to the hospital for an xray and cat scan. The cat scan revealed a thryroid issue. This began my path to recovery and feeling well again, as well as avoiding much more serious illness. I was truly blessed! by Father Bill and St. Blaise!

13. janet

Dear St Blaise please help Pauline who is suffering from thyroid cancer . please pray for her she is very weak now and needs a miracle thankyou.

14. Anonymous

I am Catholic and went to Catholic school. In high school, our chaplain came around doing the blessing of the throats. We each got a blessing. I had a sore throat, but I did not think much of it. My faith was weak and I did not think anything would happen. I did not even consider it. I just went through the motions and walked away. Suddenly, I swallowed, and my throat no longer hurt. A miracle! I told 2 guys next to me and even my teacher, but secretly I think they did not believe me. Well, I'm almost certain they didn't. I was a class clown and they thought I was looking for attention. But, thank you St. Blaise for interceding for me. To this day, when I am feeling weak in my faith or doubting God's existence in my life, I think of that preternatural moment. May God's will be done. Continue praying folks.

15. Cookie

I need your help St. Blaise to ask the Good Lord to heal my throat...AmenI

16. Arturo Carrasco Huamán

I like the life of San Blaise. I would like to know more about him.

17. Don&Marian

Asking St. Blaise that today on your feast day ,you send your special help to our life long friend who is being treated for throat cancer. We received our blessing in church today and our friend is to weak to be out in public.We ask that you send him your spiritual blessing and healing so that next year he will be able to receive your blessing in person. God Bless!

18. Mikayla

Dear St. Blaise, I don't have your story in my saint books but now i know alot about you.
    please protect all the wild animals in the world and all of the kids with sick throats.
    Mikayla, 6 yrs old.

19. Robert Westbrook

St. Blaise, please pray for my nephew who battles throat cancer.

20. Anthony John Purich III

I had trouble swallowing pills when a child. It appeared to be a problem that I ourgrew as I got older, but now in my sixties, it is a problem that I am well aware of. When trying to swallow pills, one appears to get stuck in my trhoat and for some reason I can't swallow it. It evidently begins to dissolve in mu throat. Today I happened to be in a catholic church (St. Davids in Willow Grove Pennsylvania) where they mentioned that today was the Feast Day of St. Blaise, the patron saint for the healing of throats and other aillments. They also mentioned that after the mass they would do throat blessings. I remember the throat blessings when I was a child at St. Annes church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the Port Richmond section of Philly. Looking forward to my throat healing. Thank you Heavenly Father.