St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Comments

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, Virgin (Feast day November 13) St. Frances was born in Lombardi, Italy in 1850, one of thirteen children. At eighteen, she desired to become a Nun, but poor health stood in her way. She helped her parents until their death, and then worked on a farm with her brothers and sisters. One day a priest asked her to teach in a girls' school and she stayed for six years. At the request of her Bishop, she founded the ... Continue Reading

1. John

Just as an addition, left out of her biography...There is a very nice Mother Cabrini shrine just west of Denver Colorado, USA near the town of Golden. For anyone visiting this area that is inspired by her, it would be a very worthwhile visit.

For more information and directions, please visit the shrine's website at: http://www.mothercabrinishrine.org/

2. Abiya

I'm doing her for my CC project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is amazing

3. PatriciaC53

St. Francis X Cabrini....I thank you for listening to me and helping me through troubling times.

4. Katelyn

she is an awesome saint!

5. Joseph Mathew

Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini, Please pray for us and our children to grow in faith and humility. Thank you!

6. mtg

Does anybody know why she is a the patroness of immigrants. Would be really helpful :)

7. Morrie

Guadalupe,

Immigrants in America are wanted and always have been. We are a nation of immigrants. It has lots of laws but lots of corruption. Mexicans have been streaming across our border illegally for years. Others from countries all around the globe over stay their visas and remain here illegally. We are a country with all sorts of freedoms and God given rights protected by our government but we are also a country run by the rule of law. We WANT legal immigrants. We do NOT WANT to become a country where officials are bribed, policemen shake down citizens, people steal electricity, etc. etc.

8. Joann

I would like to add that the baby, who was given too much medication for his eyes, later became a priest. His name was Father Peter Smith. God called him home at the age of
    eighty in February of 2002.

9. Lorretta Prest

Please send me the prayer of devotion to St. Frances Xavier Cabrini. I need it right now for her to intercede for me. Where can I order her articles, like her stature figurine, prayer books, etc?
    I will be glad to hear from you.

Thank you.

10. christie

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, I could feel your kind assistance to my aged mother today, for though bedridden, aged 94 years, she felt a calm that could only come for Heavenly grace. She asked me if she was giving us trouble, when I told her we were happy she was still there for us to visit and speak to, she approved of my answer. More importantly, she felt a desire to stay healthy, and she asked to be fed. How sweet is that? She ate 2 pieces of chocolate and drank orange juice, for a snack. Then she was going to have her porridge. I realise how important it for the caregivers to exude genuine warmth, love and concern. I too could have fallen asleep next to her. We were both so peaceful.
    Dear St. Frances Cabrini, I have another request, and that is for tomorrow's task. Send the heavenly angels to assist me. I would like the school photography session to go on very smoothly and efficiently. Help me get the cooperation of all students and adults alike.
    Thank you dear Saint and all my favourite saints (for I have many), for the wonderful success of last year's yearbook. Sweet Jesus and Mary thank you.Amen.

11. christie

Dear St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, sweet saint and patron of immigrants, do remember all who have come to this country as immigrants to find a home, education, job and security. We have done all that we came here for, but now we have to do something for the new, low paying, unskilled migrants, who have resorted to crime and theft. Help them find food and job security just as we did. St Fraces, your special gift was administrative, pray for me to be successful and ingenious in handling jobs that require these special skills. I'm still waiting for some communication to help me make our love offering to the poor and needy. St. Frances, make sure that it goes to the right authority of the diocese. I make this my special intention to you on your feast day. Dear St. pray for all my needs and those of my lovely family. Amen

12. Robert Francis Orta

Mother Cabrini is my patron saint.Thanks for all the information and history of Americas first Catholic saint.

13. Frances

I am her little-self I got my name because of her I LUV HER!!!!!!!!! :)))))

14. Carletta Sohn

I have a very good friend whose daughter has been married for five years now and is having trouble getting pregnant and she is very, very depress. I mentioned this to my Catholic sister in Christ and she told me to look up Sister Cabrini and tell her to pray. This person has become very bitter about not getting pregnant. So I now in my heart that Saint Xavier Cabrini can intercede to our Lord Jesus to take the bitterness away and help her have a child biologically or through adaption. I really, really have faith that Saint Cabrini will help. Thank you for information that you posted it was informative and helpful. Please

15. Kaye

My Mother and her mother before her prayed to Mother Cabrini and kept a picture of her in full view. When my Mother moved in 1965 the picture got packed away.. "Out of sight, out of mind" then several weeks ago it surfaced.. The memories of the stories my Mother told me came flooding back.. About two weeks ago my granddaughter Gabrielle had to do a project on a saint, and strangely enough she was given St. Frances Xavior Cabrini.. Within a matter of a month this saint surfaced in my life and in the lives of my grandchildren.. I am encouraged to pray for special favors through St. Frances X. Cabrini.. This sight was very informative and interesting.. Thank you..

16. alex

awsome

17. Angela M. Rosati

We love St. Frances Cabrini. When I was a teen, many year ago, we'd go to her shrine in New York City. I remember seeing her preserved body under the altar. However, I'm distressed because someone told me recently that her head was removed from her body and buried in the Vatican. Can this be true?
    Anglea

18. Anonymous

Mother Cabrini,is a very interseting saint with a a lot of history, Shw has done soo much in the the time she spent. I had a great privilage of going to her school in New Orleans. It's a very beaiuful place filled with artifacts from her live here. Did you know that she was afraid of water so she was afraid to travel.

19. Melissa

This was helpful to me but i am nit doing a very detailed type of project! could have a bit more info!

20. Elaine Buzzinotti

To Robert,

I have read that St. Elizabeth Ann Seton was the first American born saint and the St. Frances Cabrini, having been born in Italy, was the first "US Citizen" to be canonized. Thus she is the patron saint of immigrants.
    Hopefully this is correct information. Thank you for your observation. I am decidedly not an expert. You may wish to verify my response. I suggest a Jesuit!