St. Colette Comments

Colette was the daughter of a carpenter named DeBoilet at Corby Abbey in Picardy, France. She was born on January 13, christened Nicolette, and called Colette. Orphaned at seventeen, she distributed her inheritance to the poor. She became a Franciscan tertiary, and lived at Corby as a solitary. She soon became well known for her holiness and spiritual wisdom, but left her cell in 1406 in response to a dream directing her to reform the Poor ... Continue Reading

1. Eddie

I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with the prayer to Saint Colette.

Really in need of this prayer.

2. Emy

this is an awesome saint!:)

3. margaret

i will pray for child with cancer i lost my colette through cancer in 1981 aged 7 years we also call her collie

4. Martie

St. Colette will be my daughter's confirmation name. She was St. Colette for All Saint's day every year. St. Colette is from my mother-in-law's hometown in Corbie, France. The Abby and church are there where her father worked. We have a picture of our daughter standing infront of the Abby and in front of her statue in Corbie. We have pictures of where she was when she saw her vision. This is an amazing story and she is very near to our hearts! A true inspiration!

5. Michelle

Please pray for my cousin Colette, however, she prefers to be called "Collie". She has an advanced stage of cancer.

6. deborah

I teach a fourth grade religious education class and our school and parish's Patron Saint is Colette.

I have been trying to find a age appropriate dvd on Colette's life to share with my class. If you know of how i can locate a dvd on her life it would be a great help?

Have a blessed Lent.

7. Biehl I.

It was too bad that she received her help to reform the Poor Clares from the pope who was stationed at France , but not at Rome.

8. Bob

I've read so many lives of saints and how they went about reforming their old/new orders that I've wondering what were some of the typical things that needed reforming....thanks. Bob

9. Martin

"She became well known for her holiness and spiritual wisdom." With God's help I hope people will recognize in me holiness and spiritual wisdom. God bless all.

10. Ronald W. Willis

I shall do a study of Saint Colette who, until I got this article, was unknown to me. Thank you!!

11. Terri Weaver

I teach the RCIA class for children @ our Church. I use the saint of the day every week to teach my class about the saints and why we honor them. It also is interesting to me to learn more about the saints as I came into the church thru RCIA in 1990. Thank you for this site

12. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Collette, Please intercede for me to seettle my domestic problems with humility and patience.

13. Byansi Leonard

Am happy to name my daughter after great saint colette. I will always seek for intercessions.

14. COLETTE

am happy to be named after this great saint.l hope l follow in her footsteps

15. Delilah

Hello everyone!
    Does anyone know where St. Colette was born? Thanks (:

16. Colette Haevens

I had no idea ... St. Colette actually existed back in the day.
    I was considered St. Colette in the small town I grew up. My up bringing was over protected and as a teen I would resent the control. I would remark that everyone would think of me as St. Colette, the perfect little saint.
    Who knew....

17. Colette

am now very happy that i was named after this wonderful woman.am also hoping i will be able to imitate her good and holy life.

18. eddie argauer

St. Colette was credited with saying: "The most direct path to Heaven is that of suffering patiently endured." Sage advice...

19. Colette

Although I had wished my name was more common such as Carol or Ann, which was fashionable at the time of my birth, I am now happy to have been named after St. Colette. My Aunt read her life story and related it to my parents . Hence the name. I have inturn read her story called "Walled in Light". It gives great insight into her remarkable life. She was noted for her great devotion to Christ's pasiion, and her charity towards others.

20. Liv

yeah, i think i'm going to choose Colette for my confirmation name.... still deciding though.