St. Colette Comments

Colette was the daughter of a carpenter named DeBoilet at Corby Abbey in Picardy, France. She was born on January 13, christened Nicolette, and called Colette. Orphaned at seventeen, she distributed her inheritance to the poor. She became a Franciscan tertiary, and lived at Corby as a solitary. She soon became well known for her holiness and spiritual wisdom, but left her cell in 1406 in response to a dream directing her to reform the Poor ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    8 months ago

St. Colette, please continue to pray and intercede for me.

2. colette
    9 months ago

Dear St. Colette....please help and guide me to be good and kind as you. Help me in my life journey. I need your help.

3. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

As you reformed the Order of Poor Clares, Our Beloved Church is in need of great and holy reformation. Therefore, intercede for the poor souls on earth so that we get a Christ like shepherd, a brave and virtuous Pope, who would not run away when the wolf of this world attack the sheep of the Church but defend and redeem them as Christ did. Protect and pray for the Conclave to open their hearts to the will of God and respond to the need of the hour so that the Institute of Christ will continue for ever to save souls from the evil one. Amen.

4. christopher

St.Colette i pray two you in faith this is a great site hopefully more people will find it
    I found it a fue years ago and since then try and come on it every day and pray two the saint of the day so i ask you great saint two pray for my family and me .
    God Bless
    Amen

5. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for his mother,Michelle, that the doctors can slow the progression of her dementia, and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with grace and dignity. Thank you, dear Lord, for all you have done for me, especially making me cancer free. Thank you,

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Colette, please continue to intercede for me.

7. Emmanuel Tio

Hello! I am praying for all the cancer patients and I think cancer patients should not worry since even healthy people die. It's all about the attitude to handle death that makes me feel great about it. I should love death and I think death will not be scary anymore especially if we love God above all else. I hereby ask everybody to pray for my aunt, Nelia Ulit, who is suffering and perhaps, dying because of her breast cancer. I, too, almost died and still suffer from my lung cancer (bronchopneumonia, asthma, allergic rhinitis and lung infections). I got a lot of lung disorders up until now but I am happy to receive all of them since I find God with me all the time - just encouraging me not to lose happiness if my breathing comes to its end. He showed up a couple of times and that experience made me the happiest cancer patient alive. I love to be with God and I think all of you could pray very, very much to feel the same way. Death is quite scary but just a few moments. The best thing about it is, after death, we still wake up and witness a brand new beginning. Isn't that wonderful? It's a good thing that we are just humans - being transient in everything especially when it comes to punishment, suffering and death. These three things are very scary but they will not last long. The more pain we feel, the higher the happiness we will experience afterwards. We should thank God for this absolute values... Please include me in your prayers... Prayerfully yours in Christ, Emmanuel Tio

8. general unknown anonymous usmc ****

6th march 2013:st colette pray for us!

9. denise

Thank you St Colette for such a model life! Your gifts continue as did your mother's belief in the power of prayer to St Nicholas to acheive a blessing of God! This is a wonderful story of perseverance! Now your own life is filled too with blessings from God. Please now bless my sister Corinne who will have her birthday this March 16. She is suffering from cancer as well and could sure use your influence in this matter with God.I ask your interecession to Please heal her, as she has only one son and he is in need yet of his mother, and I my sister. Thank you St Colette for hearing my prayer. I will spread your story and name in my life. Thank you.

10. general unknown anonymous usnf ****

7th feb 2013:st colette pray for us!

11. louis

dear Colette i wish to follow in your foot steps thank-you

12. colet nyakunu

St Colette pray for me.

13. Dinah Otu

about more saints,and angels

14. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Colette, please pray for me.

15. Steve

St. Colette, please pray for me. Thank you.

16. christie

St Colette, I'm so happy to read about you and to find out the wonder of your holy life. That you were conceived at such an old age is amazing. You teach us the true meaning of love, because you did not abandon the desperate father who desired to have his new born baby baptised. It looks like you knew of God's great way of working things out for people in need. Help all women who seek to become expectant mothers. Give them healthy children. May the child born with your great intercession be close to God's own heart. Amen.

17. colette

My Nana called my aunty Colette - I knew she had been reading about the Saint at the time she was expecting my aunty who is my namesake! It's lovely to know why now :)

What a marvelous woman! I am happy to have her name as my given one, I'm only sorry it took me so long to find out.
    I wonder what went through her mind when she was presented with the father of the stillborn child - perhaps she got angry at the Priests lack of sensitivity, perhaps she thought he could have done more for the parent at the time - prayed for the child with the father etc. Her reaction was brilliant, honest, warm and valiant and sent a message from her heart and head - God was pleased methinks :)

18. Rilly Harps

this info was such great help for my saints report. i was looking 4 a saint ho had the feast day march 6th because my b-day is on march 6th. thanks a lot

19. Isabella Mazzanti

I'm using this saint as my confirmation name, and this article really explained the main points of her life. It really helped me in learning about her and what she did.

20. Colette

I too was named after St. Colette. My maternal grandmother had the privilege of naming her first grandchild. St. Colette's feast day is March 6 and I was born March 8 at a great hour of the morning at 3:33.