St. Catherine Laboure Comments

St. Catherine Laboure, virgin, was born on May 2, 1806. At an early age she entered the community of the Daughters of Charity, in Paris, France. Three times in 1830 the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure, who then was a twenty-four year old novice. On July 18, the first apparition occurred in the community's motherhouse. St. Catherine beheld a lady seated on the right side of the sanctuary. When St. Catherine approached her, the ... Continue Reading

1. julia

I think she very holy and catholic women. who really loved virgen mary. She inspired me into praying daily and giveg thanks to God. And I Think She Is The Best Saint I Ever Researched About So read stories about her she is a great role model

2. heather finnegan

s.t catherine pray for my gran

3. ms adrienne shelley

Hello, could you let me know if I can send for the catherine laboure medal as a silver colored pendant, and if so how much would I send and the address etc, I dont have a debit card so need mail order is this possible
    many thanks
    my very best regards
    Adrienne xx

4. C

Yes, there is a gift shop next to the chapel in Paris with religious items, including miraculous medals. We bought some items there three years ago when we visited.

5. MARGARET KOOREY

I would like to buy a Miracalous Medal at the Church of St. Catherine Laboure in Paris but cannot find out if there is a shop open at the church. Can anyone help me in finding this medal? Thank you. Margaret

6. Jimmy

In the book'The Incorruptables" are some great photos of the saint.She was also permitted to touch The Blessed Virgin for an extended period of time.

7. Ana Reis

St. Catherine please pray and guide in my catechism Christmas play. Intercede on my behalf with Mother Mary. Thank you AMEN>

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Catherine Laboure, please pray for me and my family.

9. PATRICK

The Miraculous Medal is needed now more than ever. Wear it with fidelity and honour. Praying daily Our Lady ' s Rosary and Chaplet. It is what we need in this godless age.

10. Partha Roy

I bow my head in reverence to St Catherine Laboure .

11. Eustace Singine

St catherine Laboure pray for me that i am washed in the blessed blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth the he blesses me in all the wisdom and understanding i seek, i also ask for prayer to heal me on all my illnesses that are upon me, to live a long life with my family so that we serve the Lord in the most precious ways, i pray this through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,Amen

12. christie

Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, pray for us. On the medal of your design, you explained that people sometimes did not ask for graces. While you chose St. Catherine Laboure to be your special emissary to carry out the mission to be known as "The Immaculate Conception", you supported her with the graces she needed when she faced opposition. Bless when we fear opposition, ridicule, criticism. Often, such fears lead us to be lazy,inactive and indifferent. Are we in Our Lord's vineyard?
    I implore your help and graces, dear Mother for the mission that God has chosen for us, in our obscure lives. Dear St. Catherine Laboure, on earth, Mother Mary appeared to you. You are special to her. On your feast day and every day, intercede for us. Bring comfort to those who are bed-ridden, the sick and suffering, and all vulnerable children born with grave diseases. Amen

13. Corinna Pucek

I have been told that there was no actual or "official Church approval" of St. Catherine's apparitions/messages and would like to know if that is correct. I understand that we now can read/follow alledged prophecies/messages as long as they do not contradict our Faith or Morals, but that wasn't the case then was it?

14. Bill Martin

My wife was already 40 when we started a novena to Saint Catherine Laboure in hopes of having a daughter. We maintained a 9 month Novena and Saint Catherine heard our prayer. Our Daughter was conceived in Nov of 1992 and was born July 18th 1993 at midday. The doctors had told my wife and I that the child was a boy but we knew they were wrong, they also warned us that our child might have down syndrome but we maintained our faith in God and turned it all over to him. Our daughter was born completely healthy. Of course our daughter is named for this blessed saint, she turns 18 today, 7/18/2011. My daughter is the light of my life I am so blessed to of received this miracle.

15. Ashton

This helped me because her feast day is on my birthday, and also I am trying to figure out who i want my patron saint to be.

16. shannon

I love Catherine's story and I admire her 'cause she offered her life to our Mother.
    I'm proud to be an Inmaculadista 'cause she was the one who discovered the miracolous medal....

17. patricia

I loved the story on utube show's it in a reall way, the angel who went to st cathrine in her cell and told her to come with him then the angel announced the blessed virgin was there, she looked around she saw nothing. Then the beautiful mother queen of heaven appeared and sat on a golden chair. Saint Catherine layed her head on the blessed virgins lap where she was comforted, Then told what would happen in the near future. beautiful story. And her eyes are still blue like heaven even now in her state of sleep.

18. Anonymous3

I really admire St. Catherine Laboure. She was simple and very holy. Catherine had a great devotion to Our Lady. No wonder Mary would appear to her, she came from a poor household and was from her youth very innocent and childlike. She is a wonderful saint. All of us can look up to her!

19. Mathews

I truly appreciate the efforts of Catholic.org in spreading the Word of God. It became a reference point for me especially, in regards to Catholic Saints and Bible references.

In regards to St. Catherine Laboure's page, I would like to point out something which I found recently. Her feast day is not on 25 November as it mentioned on the page, but it's on 28 November.

Please have a look into this matter and update it accordingly.

God Bless

20. Michael Wayne Roach

I realize that this sounds so very trite...but, the short biography provided herein will undoubtedly lead me to pursue in greater depth the life and experiences of this great saint, obviously profound, holy, and sweet, to whom our Holy Blessed Mother Mary saw fit to visit during those various moments of bliss. St. Catherine will affect my life as have few. Thank you...Michael