St. Benedict Comments

In our modern world, we talk fast, we travel fast, and we even pray fast. Have you ever attended rosaries where people seem to say the words at breakneck speed -- apparently more worried about finishing before Mass starts than savoring each word? Our impatience to get to the end, our focus on completion rather than process is a real danger in reading Scripture when every word is from God and has a power all its own. Benedict knew that power ... Continue Reading

1. Justin

I've always wondered…
    Why is every saint Benedict cross and rosary so big?
    I've been looking for the past few days, but no answer,
    Can anyone help?

2. Judith

Oh holy St. Benedict please give my brother, Louis peace and guidance through this difficult time in his life. Pray for him, his wife and his two young children. We all love him very much and with your grace and prayer he will be at peace.

3. kliona

st benedict please pray to jesus christ to heal my epilepsy that i was suffering from the age of 6yrs. thanking you

4. Eliadra

I want,see publicated the life of St.Benedit Jose de Labra.His is very interesting.!!!!
    Than you

5. allan stairs

We can see -- in the lives of the saints of each day -- the great currents of God's grace in action especially in the foundation of so many monasteries all over Europe. Saint benedict was obedient to this grace as well as each monk who entered into that movement .They are like models in each christian's answer to God's call to each special vocation in the Church.

6. Teegan

I always use this site for all my catholic things its easy to read and informs you about the saint. Benedict is my house name.

7. michael varger

Dear Holy Father Benedict, what a privilege it has been over these many years to have known you and shared my life with you since 1978 when I discovered you in New Norcia, the Benedictine community of Western Australia. I was only 18 years old and unsure of my life, and everyone in the monastery was very nice and they made me feel like one of their own for two months. Of course, every time I travel to the Wild Wild West from Melbourne I make it my duty to spend some time with you in New Norcia to bask in the lovliness of the place and recalling the immeasurable memories of our long and colourful relationship. My Dear Benedict, Timmy Ivaska was born to a Finnish family who immigrated to Sydney in 1970 and settled in the impovrished part of Sydney with other immigrants. Sunday, 4 April 1976 Timmy was born and the struggle for life began. Timmy 's family consited of two elder brothers, elder sister and a younger sister, also his hoplessly alcoholic father and a hardworking mother of 5 kids. They shifted from one housing commission area to another like gypsies. Life was a struggle and one had to be tough to survive in their jungle. He soon got onto heroin with his brother who was already a helpless junkie and in no time Timmy was in hell, his heroin hell. Where there is life there is hope so I come to you begging for you to intercede for Timmy. May the Risen Lord through your powerful intercession restore Timmy back to us, his family who are mourning the loss of a beautifu soul. AMEN

8. shirley ledesma

St. Benidect, pls. help my husband cris who has kidney failure. Pls. help us i and gives us have a
    Happy life with my husband for mANY many years to come. thank you St. Benidect.

9. Chrissy Bear

This was Awesome!!!:) helped me alot haha Thanks:D

10. Sarah

Thank you for posting this! I have a project on St. Benedict due soon, and this really helped with the research. :)

11. Girlie

St. Benedict please help me and hear my prayers...help me in all my needs pls

12. natalie

please, pray for my son who was in bad car accident in 2008. he has chronic pain & is having trouble finding dr to help with pain meds & struggles with severe depression & aniexty. he needs help finding job & getting into school. help him please st.benedict not to turn to drugs & be able to function again. please st.benedict help my husband find a good paiying job with benefits & good boss who treat him right & help my husband to be able to get healthy agin & please bless him & our oldest son with many side jobs.bless my oldest son & his girlfriend to become closer as a couple & parents. please let us all become closer as a family. bless my mother & brothers.

13. RHODA MERLYN JACK

Please i would like to know what saint patron does St. Benedict represent, and i would like to know if there is a special pray, and a particular day o say it.

14. Matthew Faraone

I heard that Saint Benedict was the patron saint of exorcism can some one varify this for me.

15. Joseph Santiago CMF

St.Benedict was a well learned person and who gave a golden rule for religious life in the church. Work and pray are his eyes. Church has recognized such people and kept us for our model. Time and year may differ but the life and mission of any religious is the same that is spirituality and apostolate. Christ is to be the centre of any religious house.

16. Betty

Can u please give me 10 miracles of St. Benedict?

17. Sharmae Omaguing

I would like to know the Latin Prayer to Saint Benedict.. the one with 1 our father, 1 hail Mary and 1 glory be..

we know the english version but we would like to know the latin.

18. maria salome macariola villegas

Im presently an OCDS member in our place, St Benedict became my spiritual guide and intercessor toGod and mama mary when i almost got killed from various occasions. I was given his medal from a religious and gifted woman, who taught me how to pray this saint and use his latin prayers for protection. From that time on, ive learned to love him and im planning to ask his intercession if hell allow me to use his name when i received my novitiate. He worked a lot of miracles to me and my family as well. Until now, my children love to recite his latin prayers. Thanx a million St Benedict and i will continue to spread your name to everybody.His medal can be used for protection from evil ones and healing as well for any illness.

19. Noelia Powell

Prayer To St. Benedict
    O glorious St. Benedict, sublime model of all virtues, pure vessel of God's grace! Behold me, humbly kneeling at thy feet. I implore thy loving heart to pray for me before the throne of God. To thee I have recourse in all the dangers which daily surround me. Shield me against my enemies, inspire me to imitate thee in all things. May thy blessing be with me always, so that I may shun whatever God forbids and avoid the occasions of sin.
    Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces of which I stand so much in need, in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. Thy heart was always so full of love, compassion, and mercy towards those who were afflicted or troubled in any way. Thou didst never dismiss without consolation and assistance any one who had re-course to thee. I therefore invoke thy powerful intercession, in the confident hope that thou wilt hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I so earnestly implore (mention it), if it be for the greater glory of God and the welfare of my soul.
    Help me, O great St. Benedict, to live and die as a faithful child of God, to be ever submissive to His holy will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven. Amen.

20. Noelia Powell

on St. Benedict's front side of medal: "Ejus in obitu nostro presentia muniamur ("May his presence protect us in our hour of death"). On the reverse side of medal is "CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX," ("May the Holy Cross be a light unto me,) "NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX"(And may the Dragon never be my guide") The Four Large Letters at the corners of the C S B P, stand for "CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI:( "The Cross of the Holy Father Benedict.") Also the following letters in a circle around the margin of sie: V.R.S.N.S.M.V.: S.M.Q.L.I.V.B. the Benedictins are quite willing to tell you what the letters stand for, and they are enough to make any secret society ge the shakes: VADE RETRO SATANA; NUNQUAN SUADE MIHI VANA.("GET BEHIND ME, SATAN; NEVER SUGGEST VAIN THOUGHTS TO ME.") SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS; ("THE CUP YOU OFFER IS EVI") IPSE VENENA BIBAS! (DRINK THE POISON YOURSELF!)

I PRAY THIS OFTEN-IT IS VERY POWERFUL!