St. Thomas Aquinas Comments

St. Thomas Aquinas, priest and doctor of the Church, patron of all universities and of students. His feast day is January 28th. He was born toward the end of the year 1226. He was the son of Landulph, Count of Aquino, who, when St. Thomas was five years old, placed him under the care of the Benedictines of Monte Casino. His teachers were surprised at the progress he made, for he surpassed all his fellow pupils in learning as well as in the ... Continue Reading

1. Vincent

This is a man to look up to. He is a true role model of determination and true vertue!

2. Fr Tom

What a great site to learn about the saints. Bravo

3. Mary Boyle

Why this would happen, I have no idea. But in a dream, a certain Monsignor of Irish descent was dressed in a grey jacket, and with his arms folded asked very emphatically: Who was Saint Thomas Aquinas ? Well, when I awoke, I automatically thought that this was St. Thomas the Apostle, or, Thomas the Doubter. And, Lord knows, I can certainly relate to St. Thomas the Doubter better than I can St. Thomas Aquinas. There is so much on St. Thomas Aquinas, that I'm overwhelmed. I would need what St. Thomas Aquinas was all about in 2 sentences or less.

If someone can help me here, please do !

Thank you very much !

Mary M. Boyle

4. Walter Keady

Since when did the Feast of St Thomas Aquinas change from March 7 to January 28, as you state above?

5. bhong

this site help me deepening my faith the lives of this saints... specially his writings in existence of man... St.Thomas... pray for us..

6. Tom

Dear Tammy Bennett,
    The memorial of St. Thomas Aquinas is celebrated in the Novus Ordo mass ('new mass' as of 1962) on January 28th. The traditional feast (which goes back for centuries and is still celebrated today when the Traditional Latin Mass is offered) for him is March 7th. Known as the 'Angelic Doctor', he is patron of Catholic Schools, Scholars, Theologians, and Booksellers.

7. Christine Hines

Thank you so much for this fine article. Saint Thomas was awesome. I love the Dominican Order and again, thank you for your great articles.

8. Maelle

Saint Thomas help me in my studies, mostly math so i can get a better grade every time amen. thank you catholic online!!

9. catholicgirl

Feast days change if another saint had something happen on that day. Like if a saint died on The Holy Innocents day their feast day would be moved to another date. Saint Thomas old feast probably was the same date as another major saint. It happens a lot.

10. Frank.

January 28th .. feast day of St Thomas Aquinas, a wonderful saint which we thank God for, and also for Catholic Online website for sharing his wonderful life with us...

11. prince antony

this article inspired me very much

12. Matthew Ian Santiago

Thanks. Honestly this is the only article that makes sense to me. :P

13. Georges

Holy Saint Thomas, I pray for your intercession and help as I start a new semester of studies. I especially ask you deeply for your fervent prayers for my economics examination and a challenging group assignment coming up in the next few days. Pray for us all who come to you for your intercessory prayers - for you know exactly how challenging it is to be disciplined and to devote ourselves to consistent study. Please pray for us all who are in need of your prayers and guidance. Pray that we would find mercy and grace, wisdom and direction and succeed - especially where we are finding it tough to study or pass. Pray for me - and for all students here, please.

14. Budji Kefen

Intelligent and virtuous, yet referred to as "dumb fox"! It's funny how God's gifts very often come in the mos unobservable packages.

15. stephen aboagye

i like the man toooo much, he is my hero and fevouritesaint

16. Nduri Angaga Oscar

May the intercession of St. Thomas of Aquinas lead young men and women into recognizing the love Jesus Christ has for everybody more so, to the extent of offering Himself to His church to the Blessed Sacrament of the altar.Above all, may it be possible for those sincerely seek truth find her and share what they have acquired with the rest of the world.

17. Janet

Please Saint Thomas of Aquinas intercede for my son to pass his classes and exams which he is failing today. Please use your hands to guide him to the correct answers so he can plass his classes this semester. I promise I will make your name known thorough emails. Please help him succeed in school. Please answer my prayer. Please hear my prayer. Please Saint Thomas help him I am at your mercy.
    AMEN

18. hi

this guy is ledgend he saved me from geting a d to geting an a :)

19. noe

i think this was very help full because i am writing a saint paper for my church and well this i could use to help me finish

20. Mariyah Cambridge