St. Thomas Aquinas Comments

St. Thomas Aquinas, priest and doctor of the Church, patron of all universities and of students. His feast day is January 28th. He was born toward the end of the year 1226. He was the son of Landulph, Count of Aquino, who, when St. Thomas was five years old, placed him under the care of the Benedictines of Monte Casino. His teachers were surprised at the progress he made, for he surpassed all his fellow pupils in learning as well as in the ... Continue Reading

1. JMJ

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray fo rme as I finish my studies

2. christopher

St.Thomas Aquinas great saint i belive in you and in all the great saint
    please pray for me and my family i have great faith in you
    God Bless us all
    Amen

3. general unknown anonymous

28th jan 2013:st thomas aquinas pray for us!

4. chet bas

happy feast day St. Thomas Aquinas. please help me and my mom to have discipline in eating. please intercede to the Most Holy Trinity to heal our hearts as well. And help me to correlate science and religion in the practice of medicine. please help me pass my medicine exams. thank you

5. Violet

St. Thomas Aquinas,
    I humbly ask you to pray for me. I just took my NCLEX-PN exam this Monday, December 17,2012 at 8am. I don't know my results yet but I ask you to intercede for me so I can pass. I know that You, St. Joseph of Cupertino, my God, Jesus, and the blessed Virgin Mary were all there with me. Thank you for allowing me to keep calm and free from anxiety and fear. When I pass I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

6. Linda

St. Thomas, please pray for my son who is having some struggles in Vet School. Please give him the strength and perseverance to do well on the remainder of his exams and to finish this semester strong!

7. Discipulus

I am translating part of his Summa Theologica from Latin to English this year in school! St. Thomas, pray for me!

8. Christine

Please pray for my son Raymond who is taking up nursing bachelor degree and being a cadet simultaneously at university. Please give him strength, confidence and assertiveness. Please help him to get along with his professors, administrators, fellow cadets and his cadet superiors. Please help him to stay focused on his studies. Please help him find the strength to remain positive in light of the difficult time he is having with his nursing classes and being a cadet. Please pray for my son to pass all of this exams/quizzes and writing research paper with flying colors. He has to maintain his 3.7 gpa to maintaing his scholarship. My dad just passed away and my dad is paying a visit to see him. My dad has not seen since he was five years old. Please pray for my son not to be scared and my dad is showing that how proud he is toward my son. Please tell him that his grandfather loves him so much.

9. bobski13

st.thomas is the a great seat

10. jbr

St. Thomas Aquinas, Thank you for being there for me.Please help me pass my examination. Thank you

11. RH

Saint please pray for myself and family to loose weight and get healthy. My husband does not need to loose weight please pray for his diabetes and heart problems.
    I love you.

12. Gil Antonio Gonzales

St. Thomas of Aquinas, we ask, we seek and we knock for your intercession for our son's, Bill Anthony P. Gonzales, who will take his Nursing Board Examination this coming June 30 and July 1, 2012 Nursing Board Examination... We humbly ask you to pray for his success in his examination. All this we ask through our Lord Jesus Christ Most Holy name, amen!

Thank you St. Thomas.

13. Gabriela

Please St. Thomas pray for Anthony. Pray in the name of Jesus, that he's delivered from any strongholds that are keeping him from accepting and coming to Christ. I pray that he's delivered from adultery, sexual sin, idolatry. May God bless him and fill him with the holy spirit Amen.

14. tuthake

St. Thomas Aquinas, please pray for my children's education and that they will not be diverted away from the one, true, Cathoilic and apostolic church as they mingle with more friends, with a lot of diversity in their beliefs. Let them evangelize their friends instead of being influenced by their friends. Thank you.

15. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Thomas Acquinas, Please pray for us.

16. HappyGrace2012

This article was very enlightening. I was raised in the United Presbyterian Church of the U.S,A,. During my membership classes at the age of 12, my pastor conducting the membership class told us that the United Presbyterians of the usa were almost Catholics, we just did not believe in the infallibility of the Pope, nor did we worship Mary. But, we were all given the Baltimore Caticism to memorize and be tested on before the 12 member Board of Sessions, before we could be baptized and become voting members of The Church. Most of the beliefs I have had, as long as I can remember, were from St. Thomas Aquinas teachings, evidently. I have wondered what the early Church believed, now I know. Thank you for an enlightening article. Oh yes, I converted to the Roman Catholic Church in 1995, at age 50, against the wishes of my husband. I was persecuted by my husband and his family and friends, and persecuted by my own family, I am still hated by members of my own family for my conversion. Although most of those hating me have since died horrible deaths. I pray for their souls in Pergatory.
    One thing I do wonder about St Thomas of Aquinas is, where are teachings on God's mercy? He declared that non-believers had 2 chances to accept Christ's teachings and if they didn't they were to be turned over to civil authorities and put to death. Where is Mercy and forgivenes of those poor souls? Just wondering what he wrote on that part of the Gospel. Again, thank you, Catholic.org for helping me along in my spiritual growth, at 66yrs old and a widow.
    Also, I don't believe in a death penalty for anyone. I believe that every human must be allowed to live out their full lifespan, predestined by God. So that if at all possible, they can be converted to Christ on their deathbed, as the Thief on the Cross, next to Jesus was. Then God will judge them. I don't believe I have the job assignment from God to decide who lives and who dies, for any reason. There are many on death row who have finally accepted Christ and His Forgiveness, and been redeemed for real. We must never close the book on anyone. God is complete Mercy. Let Him do the judging of other people. God expects us to judge only ourselves, not anyone else, and certainly not to kill them. He commands us, in the old testament to judge ourselves, so He won't have to, and not to pass judgement on anyone else, because we are all made in His Image, and we would be judging Him. Who are we to Judge? That is the only thing missing from this artlcle, what Aquinas said about Mercy.
    Again, thank you for enlightening me today, www.catholic.org. God Bless you always.

17. Steve

St. Thomas Aquinas, please pray for me.

18. christie

St.Thomas Aquinas, I am delighted to celebrate your feast day. I rememer you very clearly, as a child whenever we sang the "O Salutaris Hostia and the Tantum ergo" at Benediction, especially these words "faith for all defects supplying, where the feeble senses fail". I adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar, in His real presence, Body, Blood, Soul and Dinvinty. There is nothing we ask Jesus that He does not provide, in His time. Dear St. Thomas on your feast day pray to Jesus and His Blessed Mother, for us. ....in a prayer that you composed, "Loving God who sees in us nothing you have not given yourself, Make my body healthy and agile, my mind sharp and clear, my heart joyful and contended, my soul faithful and loving. Surround me with the company of people and the angels who share my devotion to you . Above all let me live in your presence for with you all fear is banished and there is only harmony and peace. Let every day combine the beauty of spring, the brightness of summer the abundance of autumn and the repose of winter". Thank you dear saint and with you in the company of the angels and saints I adore the Blessed Trinity. Amen

19. chet bas

happy feast day st thomas aquinas. please help my mom with her dementia and help me with my memory as well. also, please help both of us lose weight. thank you.

20. lezzlie