St. Thorfinn Comments

In the year 1285, there died in the Cistercian monastery at TerDoest, near Bruges, a Norwegian bishop named Thorfinn. He had never attracted particular attention and was soon forgotten. But over fifty years later, in the course of some building operations, his tomb in the Church was opened and it was reported that the remains gave out a strong and pleasing spell. The Abbot made inquiries and found that one of his monks, and aged man named ... Continue Reading

1. christopher antony
    6 months ago

St Thorfinn please help me make wise moves help me till find away
    please pray for me and my family friends here and that have past
    God Bless us all
    Amen

2. Joseph Mathew
    6 months ago

St. Thorfinn, The very mention of your name is a fragrance to my memory. I have felt it and experienced it! Please continue to pray for me.

3. robertburford
    6 months ago

The every person saint who lives their live doing God's will in a quiet loving way. Great inspiration

4. GramPolice

Lydia,

Lighten up! Clearly the editor is human.

5. Lydia

Lovely article. Thanks for posting. Gentle reminder to edit out the excess commas and review "there vs their". Also the sentence below the comment box says "Send me important information from Catholic Online and it's partners"---there should not be an apostrophe s used here. When used llike this it means "it is" and I think you meant to use possessive case : ) Blame grammar check

6. Ryan

I am needed to make a saint report before i make my confermation. is he a good saint to do my report on. I am intreeged by him, but im not sure if he is a good saint to do the teport on. the critera for the essay is:
    Saints Name
    Full Name then there nick name.
    If they have a feast day
    place of birth
    birth day
    Information on the saints family
    What is there Occupation. and info
    What they did when they were alive
    How they died. must be signifigant
    Virtues or good deedes they did
    what attracted me to pick this saint
    how they are a good role modele

tell me if you think he is a good saint for this essay!
    thank you if you respond.

7. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path, for his mother that the doctors can slow the progression of her disease and for all cancer patients, that we deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

8. Raj Ambrose

Dear saint,

Pray for me to be firm in my faith and hate whatever is evil and love everything that is good. Blessed saint help me to be sincere in small things with great devoting and love. Amen.

9. Joseph Mathew

St. Thorfinn, my favorite intercessor, please continue to pray and intercede for me.

10. christopher

St.Thorfinn please pray for me and my family
    god bless
    Amen

11. general usmc acmf sas usnf ****

8th jan 2013:st thorfinn pray for us!

12. Margaret

Scandinavia is slipping away from the Catholic Church and needs much prayer. Can I ask readers to pray for those recent immigrant, and now lapsed Catholics, who have gone to live there and have ditched the faith which they once had. And, sadly, they have failed to pass it on to their children.

The Catholic Church in these countries does excellent work and we need to support them with increased prayer for the clergy and men and women religious who continue to keep the faith alive in these secular countries. Who are turning back to their mythological paganism around our great Christian feasts and mixing up the two.

And, yet, Scandinavia has produced a number of fine saints and it is good to pray to these men and women and to ask for their intercessory prayers in helping to provide modern missionaries to take their place. St. Bridget and St. Thorfinn pray for them.

13. phil Devereaux

is there a St. Dianne?

14. Joseph Mathew

I saw my comment written an year back. St. Thorfin is my favorite intercessor. Thank you St. Thorfin for helping me with your prayers.

15. christie

St. Thorfinn thank you for giving me peace of mind and a joyful Sunday, which is also the Feast of the Epiphany. May the coming of the the Son of God as Infant Jesus, remind of God's love for us. Help us to make changes in our lives that demonstrate our response to God's love and mercy. Amen

16. Ms. M-S

Here's someone to pray to for the virtue of humility!

17. christie

Dear St. Thorfinn pray for all of us today. Help me in finding solutions to immediate problems. I need your prayerful and powerful assistance in answer to my request. Amen

18. Joseph Mathew

Dear st. Thorfin, Pray for me to be steadfast and firm in loving God and others!

19. Anthony UK

Another example of holiness. Blessed be God in all His angels, saints, blesseds and martyrs.

Anthony UK

20. Joseph Caristo

When they opened his coffin, they sensed a strong but pleasing smell not 'spell' as the text online reads. This evidence from his remains is called the "odor of sanctity" in the church. This should be corrected for future reference. Thanks