St. Scholastica Comments

St. Scholastica, sister of St. Benedict, consecrated her life to God from her earliest youth. After her brother went to Monte Cassino, where he established his famous monastery, she took up her abode in the neighborhood at Plombariola, where she founded and governed a monastery of nuns, about five miles from that of St. Benedict, who, it appears, also directed his sister and her nuns. She visited her brother once a year, and as she was not ... Continue Reading

1. happiness:)

Whoo Hoo! I found my Confirmation name! Thank St. Scholastica! You are awesome!

2. christie

St Scholastica, I can write that my beloved mother Victoria, passed away 6 days after your feast day. May she rest in everlasting peace and heavenly happiness. What useless thoughts come to mind to cause regret or sorrow in the passing of a holy soul, I bring to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of the holy Eucharist. May she rest in you Dear Jesus. Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto thine. Sweet Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You. Sweet Heart of Jesus be thou my love. Amen.

3. Scholastica

I will like to remain scholastica and even my Birthday date is 13th March thank u Lord for Making this day a great day in my life

4. Deddy

Dear St Scholastica, minta izinnya utk menjadikan santa pelindung utk anak saya yang akan lahir sebentar lagi

5. purecatholic

Dear St. Scholastica,
    I just want to let you know that this April I will be taking your name at my confirmation.

6. michael varger

Dear St Scholastica, from personal experiences I testify to your power of prayer and the intense love of souls you possess for those who are lost and unloved, and all those poor souls without any hope. Timmy is such a soul who is lost and unloved and without any hope of a better life.Timmy is sadly a heroin addict in Sydney sleeping on the benches of public parks. Timmy is very intelligent and gifted in so many things, he's good with his hands such as painting, art, woodwork and even tailoring which his mother taught him as he was growing up. Dear Scholastica, where there is life thare is hope so please pray for Timmy that God will perform a small miracle and give him another chance at life, a life filled with meaning and purpose, a life of love and beauty. AMEN

7. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Scholastica, Please pray for me to overcome the temptations in my day to day life.

8. Edward

I have visited and prayed at their tombs at Monte Cassino. It is a lovely and holy place.

9. Stephanie

St. Scholastica, Please intercede for my son to receive the scholarship he competed for at Benedictine College in Atchison, KS, if this be in accordance with God's will. Thank you!

10. Jonathan Orie

From d example of st. Sbholastical. I believed that even whem people reject us, when we pray to God with faith and trust we shall surely achieve our heart desires according to his Holy will

11. Love1425

Its a lovely story about the power of God, learnt through it that God answers our prayers, if we pray to him with full faith and trust.It was nice to know that she is the patron saint of nuns and convulsive children and also we can invoke her whilst undergoing terrible storms in our lives.

12. matshidiso

they were real siblings why cnt we be like them

13. Irene

My birthday is on February 10th. Today after mass I decided to check our St. Scholastica and learn more about her. Could you provide me information on her life? I would like to commorate her because she is my birthday saint. Pray form me that I may be more like her.

14. F J B Ndung'u

May Saint Scholastica and her brother intercede for us,that we (brothers and sisters today) may live for God like they did.

15. christie

Sweet, Saint Scholastica, sister of St. Benedict of Nursia, what an amazing life of holiness and sanctity you shared with your famous twin brother. Praise be to God for His gift, that we have of knowing you. I notice that you and your brother spent a great deal of time sharing a spiritual life together. This must have been so pleasing to God that He sent a storm to prevent your brother from leaving that evening when you asked him to stay. This experience of sharing a spiritual life, I have had with my loving mother who is now lying on her death-bed. I think I found a young friend who will share my love of God and things spiritual. He is my dear, new-found friend, young enough to be my son. Send your graces to us through your intercession, that we may be enlightened to Know God more intimately,love Him more dearly and follow Him more closely. Amen

16. Shellzy

I am SO grateful for this website. I have to present a short report on St. Scholastica tomorrow and I have been procrastinating for MONTHS! Thank the Lord for this website. All I need to do is put it in my own words and cite it!

17. christie

Dear st. Scholastica, pray for me to get over my disappointment in what i perceive unfair assessment of my gymrama team. Help me to keep my faith and believe that it is for the best. Dear Saint and sister of St. Benedict, be my guiding light to sanctity. Help all children born with learning difficulties, developmental and speech delays. May they find a permanent cure for these helpless, suffering children. Amen

18. Sr. Rosalinda

The twin saints, St. Benedict and St Scholastica were born in 480. St. Scholastica died in 543 according to records. She must 43 when she died.

I love St. Scholastica because of her great love to God and twin brother

19. Garlandgal

I am using her as my St. fir a saint report 4 my conformation
    thanks
    G-Gal

20. Nicola Alvarez

I LOVE her so much, cause she was the first saint i ever'd immatate