St. Anthony of Padua Comments

Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death. There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old. The reason he became a Franciscan was because of the death of ... Continue Reading

1. John Alexander

I have prayed to St. Anthony many times after I've exhausted all mundane ways of finding something and every time I have found what I was looking for, usually in plain site or so it seems.
    I remember when I was going for my confirmation my mother really wanted me to choose St. Anthony for my Patron Saint, but I being quite patriotic chose St. Andrew instead.
    As far as I know I cannot change this, and does it really matter as I can still pray to St. Anthony when I need his help which comes from God.

2. LORRAINE

St. Anthony, some time ago I prayed to you to help me find my lost birth certificate. Thank you for your help. You are my patron saint. I love you. Also, my aunty Ann has just passed away, she is the one who told me about you, please welcome her when she comes.

3. Suzette Zakarian

St. Anthony of Padua..you helped me finding lots of lost things in my life, and now I badly need your help to find my lost photo of an old personal ID . this was produced in 1970 and was not used since 1980 till now! . presently ,am in great need of this ID and it wont be formal without its stamped photo... pray for me. thank you.

4. Amber

Dear Saint Anthony,

I just wanted to tell you that i'm choosing you for my confirmation name.

Love,
    Amber

5. rajesh

just to say thanks to jesus for every thing he had granted me. specially my son called loveson thanks st. anthony taking care of my mother for years.

6. gg

'Please st. Anthony heal my back so that i can return to the way i used to exercise and enjoy everyday life. I miss my cycling and working out. Please restore my health.

7. Al

St Anthony, please pray for me and my family, pray that we may be blessed with another child.

8. Susan

Dearest St Anthony, I place into your hands all my worries,concerns,anxieties and fears concerning my just concluded examinations, please intercede for me let success divine be my lot that my days and nights of struggle under my present condition does not amount to nothing, the sea obeys and fetters break, please let the troubled sea of my life obey and be calm,that i might testify of your love to the glory of God the father,I claim my success and victory in Jesus Name, Amen,.

9. Jason

I thank you St. Anthony for your intercession on my prayers. My prayers were answered and what seemed to be an impossible feat was once again overcome by a true miracle. The glory to God and Jesus, and thanks to you for intercession!!!!!

10. F@b

Dear saint anthony
    Please hear my petition and intercede in my behave and my kids behave. Please aid us the return of there father back home. Please open his eyes and make him realize the here with us is where he needs to be. Please end the relationship between him and that women and fill his heart with all the good loving memories of us. Make him realize that he has never stopped loving me and put remorse and empty in his heart. Bless my kids and my baby in my womb. In you and in gods name I put my trust please help us and I will be forever grateful. Return Ernesto Alonso Ruiz to Fabiola lopez make our love rejoice in gods name.

11. D.

St. Anthony, please help me with my relationship. Please help us find that happiness and love we once had. Help us restore our marriage. Please pray for us.

12. M

Thanks be to God! And thank you St. Anthony for interceding on my behalf! I have found what I was looking for. Both you and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ have never failed me. I am so happy. I praise your name, Jesus!
    Amen, Amen, Amen.

13. Mary Boyer

St. Anthony. You have helped me many times. Thank you. I need help again with a problem with a relationship very dear to me.

14. JV

St. Anthony,

I humbly ask that you send my petitions of my family, financial stability, my ministry, D (our relationship), my youth and my desires to the ears of our Infant jesus. Please intercede for me, help me as you have before. I am so confused but I remain ever trusting in our Father. I just ask for your help as well. Our Father and you know what truly remains in my heart and I transfer them in trust knowing that things will pass and God chooses them. I oam truly grateful and thankful for your help and prayers. St. Anthony,pray for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

15. M

St. Anthony, I come to you in need. You have not failed me. Please continue to intercede for my in prayer. I pray that the Lord blesses me with a godly man. I pray that I will soon marry the man that God has pre ordained for me. I ask that while I wait on the Lord my heart will be content and at peace. I also ask for restoration of the things I have lost. Thank you, St. Anthony for your intercession. And thank you, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for who you are and what you've done for me.
    Amen.

16. smjmsm

ST. Anthony I give thanks to you for hearing my prayer I ask that you please return the love passion and happiness that SM has lost. Help him to find it it please. I believe that you have already worked in my favor.Thank you.

17. pollet

I implore you St. Anthony to hear my plead and grant me the answer to my prayer. Amen

18. ross

Dear St Anthony,please help and intercede me in reuniting with Kerry. I love her dearly. She's a good Christian lady. Help us reunite so we can get married. Forgive us also for our sins and I will do the promise to you. Thank you so much.

Ross

19. M. Delicia

Dear St. Anthony,

I cannot explain this, but from way back, I had a very strong desire to continually pray to you even though I didn't know you very well. I only knew you were the Saint to pray to for lost things, causes, etc. My husband was named after you. He passed away four years ago. I always pray to you whenever I lose something and always... you are there to help me! And I was confused about your name. Are you called Anthony of Padua or Anthony of Lisbon? So today, I made up my mind to make a research on you and I was not disappointed. You are all that I believe you are... and more!!! Thank you for enlightening me and giving me a chance to get to know you better. You are a Saint after my own heart! I am teaching Speech and Literature at a Seminary here in Bacolod City, Philippines....way, way out in the Far East!!! I have been brought up a Catholic all my life and went to Catholic schools all my life. I have traveled to Europe and seen the places where you lived. I resided in the United States for 24 years and have also been given the gift of speaking well. May you continue to help me out in my teaching and help me inspire the Seminarians to really speak well and share God's word and God's love to everyone they come in contact with. I enjoy my job very much...but I am not a priest and can't preach and do much. But I really try to inspire the Seminarians to give out their best when they speak and talk about God. I repeat, you are certainly a Saint after my own heart! I thank God and praise Him for giving the Catholic world a wonderful saint like you! Praise the Lord!!!

20. Inigo Ajit Paul

Dear St. Anthony,

You had been kind to this humble servant over the years representing my petitions to Child Jesus, who ever loved to linger in your arms. I thank you for the favors granted to me.

I am now hard pressed to start my family after 7 years of married life as my wife had lost both her fallopian tubes during two ectopic pregnancies. The doctors have washed their hands off for a natural conception. But my faith in you has forced me to raise this petition online so it is not just me who will be a witness to the miracle that I pray for.

Pray for us O St. Anthony
    - Th
    at we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.