St. Anthony of Padua Comments

Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death. There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old. The reason he became a Franciscan was because of the death of ... Continue Reading

1. JULIET N
    10 months ago

I'm here to give a testimony on the miracle my husband and i received after reciting the St. Anthony of Padua novena together.We are constructing our house but had come to a standstill since our finances had run out. We asked St Anthony to interceed for us to get finances to continue the construction. Day 5 of the novena, my husband was paid 100% for some job he had done way back.The money enabled us to resume the work on site.We were so excited and gave back to the church.St. Anthony thank you so much for having prayed for us. Please don't lose hope.We received our miracle and so will you.

2. Joe
    10 months ago

St. Anthony,

Thank you for helping me find my lost keys!

3. Louis
    11 months ago

Intercede in all my challenges, Extend the intercessions to the extended family as well as friends and my country.

I know it has happened,

Love,

4. ikeji anthony onyeka
    11 months ago

Dear ST Anthony
    Please help me to grow in Faith of the church and help me in my job, as car-mechanike . blessed my effort in work and send your wisdom to access me in work too. Please don t let me
    lost my chance in foreign-land here in Europe , to become what i want to be in future in my life. Please st anthony of pedua, help me .

5. Michael Varger
    11 months ago

Dear Anthony,

This is a simple and brief email to thank you for interceding and petitioning GOD to grant the second miracle of life to my father last night. It was a very long and gruelling surgery ( 10 hours ) but at midnight I received a call from the chief surgeon to say that dad isn't dead, and he was surprised and pleased how well the second surgery went. Dr Hayward said moments before the surgery commenced that it was now up to GOD to save dad's life for the second time, and GOD did.

Anthony, how can we thank you enough for winning this second miracle of life from the Throne of Grace. You are an incredibly generous and lovable saint that we will always cherish and thank GOD for gifting us with your presence and powerful prayers. Once again a million thanks to you, St Anthony, for your great love for GOD and His people of faith. You are a model of faith, love and hope that everyone should copy regardless of denomination.

PRAISE GOD

6. Michael Varger
    11 months ago

Dear St Anthony,

You and I go back a very long time, in fact, I was first introduced to you as a kid growing up in former Yugoslavia (Serbia) in the 1960's. You were the patron saint of our farming township of around 2000 people. I was told many wonderful stories depicting your life and all of us kids listened with awe to the stories of your miracles and great wonders that God performed through you in your short life as a Franciscan friar in Italy. To this day the townsfolk are still honouring you as their patron saint.

These days I attend Mass at St Anthony's parish church located in Noble Park (Melbourne) and very often I would sit in a small garden in front of your statue and reflect on life and problems at hand. I occasionally bring some bread to feed the sparrows and there wasn't once that I haven't felt your presence & pleasure, it is as if we were there for one another as two lifelong friends enjoying each others company and sharing our troubles. I have always walked away from these encounters with you refreshed and reassured.

Anthony, as I write this note my heart is deeply troubled and my eyes are tearful. My father (Misha) is in the Intensive Care Unit in Epworth Hospital, Box Hill (Melbourne) fighting for his life. On the Assumption Day (15 August 2013) dad suffered a massive heart attack and he has been in hospital ever since. His lungs & kidneys failed along with internal bleeding, and there was little hope of saving his life. We prayed for a miracle and on Father's Day (1/9/13) a miracle was granted and his life was saved. Dad was recovering very well until last night.

Dad was placed back in the critical ward and we were told that he may not last the night. We prayed for Divine intervention and it was granted. He is still fighting for his life and he will die unless the surgeon operates on him tomorrow (6/10/13) and replaces the infected heart valve with a new one. The surgery has a slim chance of survival and we now pray for the second miracle to be granted. Tomorrow is Sunday and we will be in hospital filled with fear & dread but we will also exercise our faith in God and in the healing power of Christ.

Finally, I want to thank you for all the countless things you have done for my family and I since my childhood. You are an extension of my family and your place among us is very special. I know you will storm heaven with your tearful prayers and beg the Throne of Grace to save dad's life for the second time and return him back to us his devout family.

LOVE IS ALL

7. Lily Basdeo

Dear St Anthony of Padua, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the favours you have obtained and continue to obtain for me through your most powerful intercessions to our loving Father in Heaven from whom all good things come. You haver never let me down and I especially thank you for helping me find the missing documents that I so badly needed recently. I praise our loving Father, His Son Jesus Christ our loving Brother, and the Holy Spirit fountain of all knowledge and wisdom, above all others and above all else, and I honour you as the Patron Saint of missing articles and will continue to do so forever. I will make your name known throughout the universe so that all may know of your powerful intercessions and call upon your help. Above all, dear St Anthony of Padua, I promise to use all the missing articles that you help me find for the greater glory of our loving Father in Heaven and according to His holy will.

8. Linda

Dear Saint Anthony,

You are my parents dear patron Saint, and today I too ask you to be mine. Thank you for all of the times you have come to their rescue when they have called upon your name. Please be with me tomorrow when I have my shoulder procedure and throughout my new course of treatment. I pray too that you will help me find the right kind of job that will be accommodating of my condition, but humbly ask that it be resolved much sooner than 2 years! I look forward to sharing "St. Anthony Stories" with my parents in the coming days! Thank you xxoo!!!

9. R*

Thank you St. Anthony for blessing and intercession. I started a new job and something happened and weighed heavy on my heart. I found what was missing~ that was a blessing and the heavyness of my heart was filled with relief that morning. I know we are suppose to go through trials this one very profound in many ways. St Anthony help me keep finding my way through this life and ask for help. Better Me in whatever I do and guide me to be a good person in my day to day..

10. Cecil

Through the intervention of Saint Anthony all my prayers were answered,on which I had given up all hopes..saint Anthony be with me all the time ,please don't leave me I need you.

11. nishan

thanks a lot for my request had been granted through the intercession st.antony .,
    from KSA.

12. Lucy

This white lily of purity has interceded for me on many occasions. The patron of minors, dear st Anthony may you continue interceding for little Micheal and Martha that they grow into God loving, responsible, healthy and successful children living life long into being grand parents in the years to come. Intercede for me to gain good health, long fulfilling life and financial break through. Pray for John to gain good health, long life and financial break through, may he become a more responsible and faithful husband. Intercede for all the suffering children in the world. Hail mother Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed indeed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.Through Jesus Christ we pray.

13. Rachel

I seldom misplace things, recently I looked for my grandmothers rosary and was in panic to see it gone from its place on my jewelry stand! I prayed to St. Anthony to help me find it. Within minutes I thought I should check my safe. Strangely, the rosary was there! But not only it. A tiny icon of St. Anthony was nestled in the cloth bag with the rosary. It was also my grandmothers and I had not thought about or seen the icon for at least a year. Thank you St. Anthony for helping me find the rosary and YOU! if anyone has trouble believing in the saints, please share this story.

14. Mary

St Anthony; my little 2 1/2 year old Burmese cat who lives inside got out and is now missing. Her name is Cho-sein; Please help her find her way home; I miss her companionship & I am worried about her. Thank you

15. Bann

Dear St. Anthony Please help my son in finding an apartment in an area that is safe. Please help him find his way in that large city so far away from home. I ask for your please intercede for us in Jesus name. Amen

16. pri

Dear st.antony,
    pls help me in this struggle.I want to pass all my exams,which can be done only through the grace of god.st.antony interceede for me.and be with me during my study time and exam time..Love u..

17. nkampira pius

I wish to know about Saint Antony and know His prayers.

18. Kevin wanga

St. Antony, pray for me to always lead a life worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ

19. Robin Springer

Happy Feast Day on the 13th, St. Anthony! All blessings to you & thank you for St.Anthony's dining room in San Francisco; helps SO MANY souls. I missed the meatloaf feast in your name today :( but feel blessed in knowing I still have food & so many others do too! (Sure do love meatloaf tho!) Thank you :)

20. Golda

I pray to St. Anthony of Padua to help me in my life through this difficult time me and my family are facing. Please help our visa to be sorted asap been waiting patiently for that over a year now. Help me with find my lost love back in my life. It really bothers me that he doesn't show any affection towards me. Help me find a job. My dad has strong faith in you thats how i believe in you and have read about your teachings. Show me and make me believe in you i pray to you help us and Lord Jesus and Mother Mary. We are extremely misarable at this point.