St. Lorenzo Ruiz Comments

Lorenzo Ruiz is the first Filipino saint. He is also the first Filipino martyred for the Christian Faith. Lorenzo Ruiz was a layman, married, and had two sons and a daughter. Born in Binondo, Manila, about 1600's, he was educated in the school of the Dominicans there. He served as an altar boy and later was a helper and clerk-sacristan in the church of Binondo. He was a member of the Confraternity of the Rosary. He made his living probably as a ... Continue Reading

1. Sem. GYlmore CaƱafranca

you helped our seminary on making our theatrical presentation a success.
    thank you very much!
    Deo gratias!

2. kenny chua

Dear Lorenzo,

Confronted with death, you proclaim your readiness to die a thousand times for your Christian faith. Today the Whole World admires Your courage, we here in the Philippines feel particularly proud of you as our countryman and brother, and we pray:

You, a Family man,
    protect our families, keep them united in love.

you, an example of Christian fortitude,
    sustain our Faith, make it spread and grow strong around us.

you, who died in foreign country,
    take care of Filipinos living and Working abroad.

You, the country's first Canonized saint,
    be the country's special protector, help us to work in harmony and progress, give us peace.

Amen.

San Lorenzo Ruiz, Pray for Us
    that we may be make worthy of the Promises of Christ.

3. John harry butt

i like him hes nice

4. israel garcia

thank you for the information..proud to be pinoy...san lorenzo ruiz pray for our country..

5. anyanwu uchenna

saint Lorenzo Ruiz and all the angels and saints pray for me.

6. Janice

Laus Deo God Bless him. Did not know of him until the article.... THANKS

7. babu mathew

i want to be a saint
    please pray for me

8. sherwin

"St. Lorenzo pray for us and the Philippines for progress, peace, justice and good moral values be protected. Pray for our good health, to fight temptation, to be humble and kind, success in life, conversion of sinners and to live in a life of love and trust and faith in God always. Amen."

9. emy

thank you for a comprehensive write up! i hope more people will get to know him esp. the filipinos!

10. Paolo814

Thank you for this article. I learned something about him which is worthy of emulation. His faith is strong and his love to God is unquestionable.

11. Leo Apolinar Escarpe

Thank you so much for this nice article. It made me more interested to know how their life (Saints) goes on for the sake of faith, trust and mostly the love of God which are the most and evergreatest gift that the Christians had received...thanks to Pope / St. John Paul II for canonizing and making St. Lorenzo Ruiz the first Filipino saint...for
    I am a Filipino although it's very hard to become a saint but I always longed in God's kingdom someday, amidst being a sinner but God's grace be with us...God bless us all...

12. OORENA OPELINIA

OUR SAINT ,,,, OUR HELPING HAND ,,,,,,HE KNOWS US,,,,,

13. Twister

I am doing a saint project on him. I can now write facts on him. Then I make a poster of facts. Thank You!

14. tume

Thanks a lot because I finished my notes! Now I could write my report about him! Thanks a lot talaga!:D

15. proud 2 be a follower

thanks a lot :) I needed this for my project ^^ wow..first Filipino saint ^,..,^ I'm proud to be Pinoy!!

16. mary ann andres

who is the author of this writings? thanks a lot I've finished my project in cl..

17. alyza

thanks a lot because i finish my project in religion

18. keechee

thanx a lot.I was able to finish my project because of this

19. Nikole

no picture of our beloved filipino saint?

20. ..rHoviE rOSe mURphY

..xa ang section nmin noW!!

..he is nah patron saints of the lorenzianZ!!
    a great filipino!!