St. Lorenzo Ruiz Comments

Lorenzo Ruiz is the first Filipino saint. He is also the first Filipino martyred for the Christian Faith. Lorenzo Ruiz was a layman, married, and had two sons and a daughter. Born in Binondo, Manila, about 1600's, he was educated in the school of the Dominicans there. He served as an altar boy and later was a helper and clerk-sacristan in the church of Binondo. He was a member of the Confraternity of the Rosary. He made his living probably as a ... Continue Reading

1. benjamin gomo

now i found this site. . and the first saint i read is of course, the 1st Filipino Saint; wow, what strong faith he had. . could we ever emulate such faith? i pray heartily that i may able to have such faith as you do have, saint lorenzo ruiz. . . amen

2. mark b

i'm impressed his life as a simple with dedication to defend GOD...i love him and i will teach the others in knowing more about the life of st.Lorenzo Ruiz.

3. Gia

I'm Filipino/Chinese just like him. I am planning on choosing my confirmation name to be him...
    Proud to be pinoy and chinese....

Salamat Lorenzo, Alam ko mo mabait, matapang masyado:D

4. cez habbiling

San lorenzo ruis, please pray for me,my family and my community, that our faith to God will become deeper and strong. that we will be like you despite of what they have done to you, you still strong, not afraid to proclaim your faith. amen

5. roro

Saint Lorenzo, please I ask you in the name of JESUS to pray for peace in our troubled world, for our families, for my son, and especially to increase our faith in JESUS no matter what the situation is and no matter how much we sinned against GOD to always see God and thank him for everything he has done for us especially dying on the cross. I also like to ask you saint Lorenzo to pray for those who are not catholic. Please Saint Lorenzo ask JESUS to hear my prayer so I can stay firm for my belief and won't lose the real home for us HEAVEN.

6. lewisssparrowjr

A true Saint,May God Bless Him

7. Maryanne Leonard

The wonderful story of this inspiring saint's life, which I had known only vaguely in the past, is powerful and moving. I feel united to faithful Catholics both around the world and throughout history when I hear such stories. I realized only this week that I would not be Catholic today had many people in the past not had the courage to evangelize others and share their faith, which was passed down to me through the faith of my father and his father, a Catholic convert who was extremely active in the Church, was a member of the Knights of Columbus, sent his son (my father) to Catholic school, and shared his faith with me in many significant ways throughout my childhood. I feel inspired to share the beauty of the faith with others when I stop to think about our magnificent legacy of faith and the richness of our great Catholic heritage.

8. Marlene

St. Lorenzo Ruiz kindly intercede to our Lord God for the healing of my granddaughter, who was diagnosed to be within the spectrum of autism - that she be able to learn how to chew and eventually learn to talk. Also please help her Mom be accepted to work on a cruise liner so that she can support the medical needs of her daughter.

9. rogelio

As a Mexican-American living in Asia, Korea to be precise, I have been opened to how our Catholic Faith is truly "universal." San Lorenzo, pray for us sinners, you that are in heaven, so that we may live our lives in accordance to our Lord Jesus Christ and his Church. God Bless you and all the wonderful Filipino and Korean people that have guided me in this mysterious, yet troublesome life.

10. Steve

St. Lorenzo, pray for me and thank you for your intercessions of great faithfulness.

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear Lorenzo Ruiz, Please pray for me to weather the storms of life by clinging to the Lord always!

12. vemark subing

thank you 4 the post of history of the saint that we can help to other to grow Faith with GOD:
    I LOVEGOD

13. malyn

St.Lorenzo pray for us specialy the family who encountered many trials in life that they may put thier hope in God...

14. christie

St. Lorenzo Ruiz, beloved saint of the Philippines, you lived as a confessor of your Christian faith, in the face of terrible torture and bodily pain. I admire you for this. In a foreign land you must have suffered even more. Dear Saint, give all Catholics, living far away from home as immigrants or as successful professionals the courage to live as witnesses and confessors in their daily lives. When I reflect on your life I'm drawn to the lives of other Asian saints of Vietnam, Korea and India. May the Catholic church flourish, grow and be the guiding light of all Asia. I thank St. Francis Xavier the beloved Jesuit who brought Christ to the Far East. Give us countless blessings, St. Lorenzo on this your feast day. Amen.

15. Mikhail

St. Lorenzo was my confirmation saint and name. He truly was my inspiration for fighting for my faith and not giving up my faith no matter what!

16. Joseph santiago cmf

I read his story of life. it is really inspiring and challenging. He underwent inhuman tortures and but never given his Christian Faith and was ready to die for God and what a great life.

17. geoffezekiel_dhirtz

st. lorenzo ...he wasn't aware of what was ahead of him and his companion. he just wanted to escape from a 'quarrel' with a Spaniard from the Phil. as a mere human being, at he was terrified when what lays ahead of them came into his awareness..isn't it what the usual? but raised as a pious boy and a sacristan he embraced the chance to profess his faith through shedding his blood......let us remember his words "if i have thousands of life, i will still give it for the Lord if i have them"........godbless!

18. eDZ EBREO

His feast lies at the 28, and our wedding anniv is 27. We love this saint. Pray for us San Lorenzo.

19. James Dale

Your site has helped my school to find out about saints! Thanks, I am picking this saint! or maybe St. Luke

20. Raphael Gabriel Baltazar

Thanks A Bunch! My Teacher Told Me To Pick Out A Saint For My Confirmation And I Decided To Pick Saint Lorenzo.I'am A Filipino And A Christian-Catholic.Thanks!