St. Lorenzo Ruiz Comments

Lorenzo Ruiz is the first Filipino saint. He is also the first Filipino martyred for the Christian Faith. Lorenzo Ruiz was a layman, married, and had two sons and a daughter. Born in Binondo, Manila, about 1600's, he was educated in the school of the Dominicans there. He served as an altar boy and later was a helper and clerk-sacristan in the church of Binondo. He was a member of the Confraternity of the Rosary. He made his living probably as a ... Continue Reading

1. Preston

I want to pray for the rough times that the Philippines are going through right now with their problems.

2. juliet petri

St Lorenzo Ruiz sacrificed his life for the whole Filipino people and hope the filipino people will realize his death to care for others

3. Joseph Mathew

St. Lorenzo Ruiz, please pray for us to remain strong and firm in our faith, in spite of the various temptations which confront us.

4. fleet general unknown usmc usnf acmf *****

28th/29th sept 2013:st lorenzo ruiz op pray for us.

5. JB Jimena

i really proud of him b'cos he sacrifice his life for the filipinos !

6. mb

to god all be the glory!!!
    you are a true instrument of God to show forth His goodness and to sow us an example of the life and virtues we must strive for.

7. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Help me to be ardently faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ. Grant me the heart to bear any kind of persecution for the Love of God. Amen

8. Arthur Mendiola

San Lorenzo hindi ko kayang gawin ang ginawa mo dahil wala akong kasing laki ng yong pananampalataya. Sana kung dumating man ang ganyang pagkakataon sa akin ay mapawi ang aking takot at magtiwala kay Hesus na ating Panginoon.

9. MARIEL

San Lorenzo Ruiz,because of you I realize that we must love our God above all at sana sa aking buhay ,magagawa ko din ang bagay na same na ginawa mo sa buhay, na kahit maliit pero nagmumula sa aking puso with my faith and believe in God.....

10. Grace

St. Lorenzo Ruiz, thank you for fighting the christianity. Please help me praying my family and our country. Amen.

11. chet bas

happy feast day St. Lorenzo Ruiz. may the filipino people emulate your faith

12. Menchies Naldoza

Happy feast day, San Lorenzo Ruiz. Always guide our family and for continuous good health, peace for the whole world and pray that my son will get a job soon. God Bless.

13. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path, for his parents that they find the strenght and wisdom to guide him and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

14. LEO A. ESCARPE

San Lorenzo Ruiz, thank you for showing the courage for our Lord, you really makes the Filipinos and the Philippines proud not only here on earth but most especially in Heaven.
    San Lorenzo Ruiz pray for us. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.

15. christopher

Saint Lorenzo ruiz i belive in you god bless you
    please pray for me and my family
    Amen

16. christie

St. Lorenzo Ruiz, happy feast-day. Pray for us in the presence of the Blessed Trinity. Amen.

17. mrcougar40

very helpful for my confirmatin report

18. Dexter Escudero

I am a Filipino and i am so proud that i am a Filipino because of St. Lorenzo Ruiz.
    If i have the same scenario what St. Lorenzo experienced, i will do it too! For the sake of my love to God the almighty. In tagalog: "Sobrang hinahangaan kita St. Lorenzo, ikaw ang aking inpirasyon sa pagmamahal ko sa ating Panginoon." "I deeply admire you St. Lorenzo, you are my inspiration of loving our Lord God"

Thanks to this article..
    God Bless us..

19. fabfabe

Great article of information about Saint Lorezo Ruiz. I just found out through my church today , 3-18-2012 at 7:15 mass. This is a good wake-up call for those non-believers about sainthood. I myself will make my faith stronger than ever. As i witness miracle after miracle, day after day for almost 30 yrs. now, this lenten season of 2012 is the most glorious of all. My daughter Jamie, will turn 30 this coming may 28.She was born with pseudo obstruction decease.She continue to survive through home iv fluids day in and day out.From Tuesday last week to Friday 3-16-12,the great miracle of Jesus Christ happened after powerful prayers from me, my wife,sister, brother and close friends.It was darkness, when her central line went bad, but Friday the luminous lights shined upon us , when the brilliant doctors of vcu mcv hospital thru gods guidance was able to removed the old one, and replaced it with a new central line for IV fluids.I call this a M-I-R-A-C-L-E in front of our faces. Thank you LORD once again.

20. robert coll

thanks be to God that there is one filipino saint died, and martyred to sainthood, Amen.