St. John the Apostle Comments

St. John, Apostle and Evangelist (Feast day - December 27th) St. John, the son of Zebedee, and the brother of St. James the Great, was called to be an Apostle by our Lord in the first year of His public ministry. He became the "beloved disciple" and the only one of the Twelve who did not forsake the Savior in the hour of His Passion. He stood faithfully at the cross when the Savior made him the guardian of His Mother. His later life was ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    10 months ago

St. John the Apostle, since you were very close to Lord Jesus, please pray for us to know him more clearly; love him more dearly; and follow him more closely.

2. bob

AMEN

3. Joseph Mathew

St. John the Apostle, please continue to intercede for us.

4. Eustace Singine

ST JOHN THE APOSTLE PRAY FOR TO FOLLOW YOUR WAYS AS YOU FOLLOWED OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, TEACH TO KNOW THE TRUTH BEFORE THE END OF TIME, YOU ARE A SAINT OF CHARITY AND CALM, PRAY FOR US THAT WE BECOME HUMBLE AND COLLECTED LIKE YOU, YOU NEVER FEARED ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH OUR LORD WAS BEING NAILED TO THE CROSS, PRAY FOR ME THAT I HAVE THE COURAGE TO ALWAYS HAVE OUR LORD JESUS IN MY HEART, MIND AND SOUL, YOU WERE VERY CLOSE TO OUR LORD AND EVEN NOW YOU ARE CLOSE, I PRAY THAT YOU BRING ME CLOSER TO THE LORD AS YOU DID, PRAY FOR ME THAT I GET TO REACH YOU AGE SO THAT I WILL BE OPEN TO OUR ALMIGHTY FATHER AND ALL HIS GOOD DEEDS, PRAY THAT I WILL HAVE GOOD STRENGTH IN BODY AND GOOD SIGHT AS I UNDERTAKE OUR LORD WORKS TO GREAT HEIGHTS OF COURSE NOT AS BEST AS YOU DID. I ASK FOR YOU INTERCESSION THROUGH OUR LORD AND SAVOR JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.

5. james anthony

Christ's Dearest Apostle St. John

Pray for me and my family to shower God's Mercy and lift us from present difficulties which crushing us down and make us to be strong in faith and prayers and help us to be close to Jesus always.
    Amen.

Thanks for this wonderful site which teaches a lot to uplift countless.

6. christopher

St .John the apostle great saint please help me please pray for me and my family
    Amen

7. jakub :D

wow barley any answer for the 2 confirmation question where and when her live doesnt even say i give a a 3 from a rating from 1-10

8. she she

this doesnt say enything about his childhood! and thats the info. i needed!

9. teletubbie3

this really helped me for my saint report for confirmation. lolz

10. Eric

this helped me so much on my saint report i cant believ how much info there is but you really need some childhood info cause i need it like was it a hard time for him when he was growing up what was his home like did he live on the streets or in a real home. Pray for us St. John the Apostle. :)

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. John The Apostle, As you were very close to Jesus, pray for us to know, understand and follow Jesus more closely, as you have done.

12. Nita

St. John is incredible. This article contains so much information. Thank you, Catholic.org, for how you help us to learn more about the early Christians. St. John please pray for those of us here on earth.

13. Joan

Some good info but you should add stuff about his childhood.

14. eden

Very informative interesting and inspiring information on St John The Apostle and evangelist

15. Steve

Dear St. John, the Apostle, please pray for me.

16. Eustace Singine

St John the apostle, pray for us and show us your incrediable miracles for should upon us from your teacher Jesus Christ, Pray for us to follow the good ways of the Lord, i ask this through the holy son of God, Jesus christ.

17. Christie

St. John, the Evangelist, dearly beloved patron saint of our Cathedral in Kuala Lumpur and saint of one of the most famous schools in the country, we are so proud of you and feel privileged to have chosen you, above all others. We love you so much, thank you for the Gospel, which sheds light on the Truth of Jesus as the Only begotten Son of God. As the One who brings us to the Father. And the one to whom Mother Mary was entrusted. Look after all our congregations and preside over our deepest concerns, presenting them to Jesus and Mary. We entrust to you the care of the most vulnerable children who are born with developmental delays and the aged who are bedridden. Help us have a deep reverence to the Holy Eucharist. Edify our church and our schools that Christ's life may be our inspiration. Amen.

18. Frank Ramirez III

This is a fantastic site for everyone who wnats to learn more about any saint. It will help me finish my confirmation process. Thank You

19. Jack

My real name is John!!!!!

20. Kapogian ni Bojo

thanks for the information, it help me alot, may God bless us with more blessings.