St. Gemma Galgani Comments

Gemma Galgani was born on March 12, 1878, in a small Italian town near Lucca. At a very young age, Gemma developed a love for prayer. She made her First Communion on June 17, 1887. As a pupil at the school run by the Sisters of St. Zita, Gemma was loved by her teachers and her fellow pupils. Although quiet and reserved, she always had a smile for everyone. Although a good student, she had to quit school due to chronic ill health before ... Continue Reading

1. Gemma Ibe
    11 months ago

My parents named me Gemma at birth and I am an optometrist(eye doctor) by profession.I have an NGO that goes into rural areas treating the poor and the elderly freely.Initially,I knew little about d life of St.Gemma until a friend I treated his eyes free told me more about St Gemma,having no pupil but yet sees miraclously.This article has helped so much.St.Gemma,please pray for me.

2. Gemma Marie Petracca

My mother named me Gemma at birth in 1947 after hearing of the canonization of St. Gemma in 1940 and kept a promise to name her first born daughter after this most amazing Saint. I have read many articles about St. Gemma, and I always learn a little more each time. I too, due to my mother's illness of spinal meningitis when I was between the ages of 11 and 14, had the responsibility of caring for my younger brother and 2 sisters although I had 2 older brothers who helped my father take care of the house. I also have had the care of my parents when they were will during their older years until their deaths. I also experienced the care of my beloved husband for 10 years during his illness until his death.I was blessed with only 1 child who for the last 4 years is suffering from a rare bone disease, but is refusing my help because of symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis that I have had for the past 35 yrs. She does not have the best of marriages either at this time. I hope that our Dear St. Gemma will intercede to our dear Lord and God for me at emulate St. Gemma in some small way, so that I will have the strength to help my daughter and for her healing of spirit and health. Dear St. Gemma, I love you and our dear Lord Jesus..

3. Jim

I recently heard of St Gemma and have been praying to her and looking for information about her this was very helpful.

4. Nigel S

St. Gemma Galgani is an incredible Saint and i am so happy that i have all this information to read and be inspired by her.

5. chet bas

happy feast day St. Gemma Galgani. please help my mom and i with our illnesses. thank you

6. Marion

As a nun, I took her name and was known as Sister Gemma Marie. Her feast day is April 11.

7. andrew henriques

I have named my third child Rachel Gemma after this great saint may she bless her and assist her in studies. I too love her and am sure she will just by concidence realized it is her birthday today is it coincidence or is it her mystical intercession

8. Britt

She is my confirmation saint but we aren't allowed to do our confirmation saint for our saint report so I have to choose another :(

9. grania

I love St. Gemma. She is my role model.

10. Gemma Louise

I'm becoming a Catholic and I want Gemma Galgani to be my patron saint because I have her name.
    She is very inspiring to me, Thank you Gemma!

11. Emma

I love her she is soooooo pretty and young looking and it has my name in it. She was so kind and loving to the homeless nd poor and took care of her little brothers and sisters. This is my favorite saint because she is so holy and lovley. She is so cute and she was only 35 when she died from that sickness. I love saint Gemma she is one of the best saints that i know of.
    -Emma

12. sandra Horn

I am not a Catholic, and I love the Lord with all my heart. He has blessed me with many talents and abilities, even to the point of 'filling the pulpit' in my Pastor's absence. I read the Bible and study every day. I am soon to be sixty-five. I am interested in Saint Gemmah because I named my youngest daughter, Gemi thirty-five years ago, before I had ever heard of this Saint. My daughter is extremely beautiful and bright. I named her Gemi after the "gem" which is a precious and beautiful and expensive stone. I found it interesting that Saint Gemmah is referred to as the Saint of God. My oldest child, a son, has become a Catholic along with his wife and four children. I would never become a Catholic because I would not want to put 'anyone' between me and my Lord. The veil was rent and Jesus has become our high priest so we need no other inbetween. Thank you.

13. Nancy Dietz

Saint Gemma was the Patroness of Pharmacists, loss of parents, those suffering back injury or back pain, those suffering with headaches/migraines, those struggling with temptations to impurity and those seeking purity of heart.
    Saint Gemma please pray for us and the world..bring us back to a God fearing Moral Nation. Amen

14. jesse g

I think St. Gemma Galgani was very faithful to all of her friends, family, and GOD. Bless us all Gemma.

15. Bobby Bittles

I would like to thank St Gemma and Our Blessed Lady for the wonderful gift of life that they have bestowed upon me. Two years ago I was diagnosed was terminal cancer, but through the power of prayer I have been given the all clear and am now back to normal health. I will never forget St Gemma and I continue to pass on her novena to those that are sick or praying for special intentions as it has proved to be very powerful. I have been trying to obtain a relic of St Gemma for a few years now but it is proving very difficult. Hence I would be very grateful to anyone who could guide me in the right direction.

16. Elise

I'm totally picking her 4 my saint report at skwl!!

17. Jill

Gemma has become my "new little sister" Saint along with Saint Philomena. Her intercession already in the past few days has been heavenly sent and heavenly felt. She is gentle and kind and is there as a great intercessor for every word of your prayers. She entered my life during my 3 am Holy Hour and will be with me now, forever.

18. mybaptnameisgemma

i love her! but what is her patron?

19. Maddie

I LOVE ST. GEMMA!!!!!

but what is she the patron saint of?

20. abushca

very inspiring =]! she's my saint, WORD BRO!!!!!!